Untitled Part 33

My alarm sounded much earlier this morning than most. Although I did it for a reason I couldn't help but hit the snooze button for an extra 2 or 3 minutes. After the second chime, my mind felt more awake. I got out of bed and hit the snooze once more and began putting on my school uniform. I looked out my window and saw Chiyo waiting on the fire escape balcony. I open the window and he enters and jumps onto the floor. He jumps onto the bed and nests himself into the covers. I enter the bathroom and look at myself through the looking glass and begin brushing my teeth and then my hair. I do a skin routine and then go down the hall and down the stairs. I grabbed my house key off the kitchen counter and went to the front door. As I was slipping my shoes on Chiyo appeared nuzzling his face into my leg. I slipped on my second shoe and pulled up my knee-high socks to make them more comfortable. I then picked up Chiyo and put him in his comfort spot, my shoulders, and I left my house, beginning my day.

As I walked down the slightly lit streets of Yokohama, I realized how different it was compared to when I usually got up. Compared to the bustling bright streets of Yokohama I usually see each morning these streets were much calmer and a slight bit darker. There are much fewer people on the sidewalk and only a couple of cars passed me every so often. The cars drove slowly and more carefree compared to the impatient anxious drivers of my usual mornings. It was a relaxing scene with Chiyo wrapped around my shoulders keeping my neck warm from the morning chill, and Mosiac sunrise lighting up my soon-to-be day. For now, the streets in front of me are lit by streetlights and open stores light pouring through onto the darkened streets. Chiyo tucks his head further into my neck and I reach up and rub his head.

"You gonna meet a good friend of mine today, buddy, if your lucky maybe you'll meet a couple of new friends," I say knowing he probably doesn't understand. I look just down the street and saw the red wooden side hanging from the brick building that had "Cafe Uzumaki" written on it in white letters.

I enter the Cafe residing under the Agency. As soon as I push open the wooden and glass door I'm hit with warm smells of hot coffee and freshly baked pastries. I enter the warm environment and approach the counter. A dirty blonde-haired woman approached the counter, "Hi, how can I help you?" she asked.

"Hi, can I get a Favorite morning food," I said pointing at the food through the glass casing.

"Alright, hun is that all?" 

"YeP"

"Alright, deary that'll $" I handed her the money and she handed me my food and my change.

"Have a good one sweety" 

"You too miss" I walked to the back of the cafe and went to the hallway with elevator. I clicked the square button and waited for the lift arrived. I watch the numbers slowly descend until it hits G. The metal doors open, I enter and hit the fourth floor and wait with soft jazz playing in my ear before shortly the metal doors open once more. I walk down the hall and open the wooden door to find a surprisingly quiet office. Atsushi was doing paperwork along with Kunikida. Dazai was missing along with Ranpo, Yosano, Kenji, and Naomi. Junichiro was in the Agency's kitchen area. I said good morning to everyone before entering Mr. Fukuzawas's office. I took Chiyo off my shoulders and then sat down on the couch placing him in my lap. He lay on his side as I scratched his stomach. 

Mr. Fukuzawa got up from his desk and sat on the couch with me. "Now who might this be?" He asked petting the cat on my lap. The cat stepped off my lap and onto Mr. Fukuzawas.

"I named him Chiyo" 

"He's quite friendly" Mr. Fukuzawa turns to me, "Don't have you somewhere to be?" he asks me.

"Well yes, but not yet" He raises an eyebrow at my response, "I got up early so I could stop by before school," I explained. 

"Well, I didn't take you as the responsible type,"

I gasped in dramatics startling Chiyo but not enough for him to jump down, "You think so little of me, I'm hurt!" 

Mr. Fukuzawa had a small smile and shook his head, he placed a hand on my head ruffling my hair. "I don't mean to offend you but, you do have a much more carefree attitude similar to someone else I know."

"That's fair, I should probably get going. Would you mind watching Chiyo for me while at I'm at school." 

"Of course," Mr. fukuzawa looked at the clock on the wall, "you should start heading out."

"Yeah, your right" I grab my bag. I hug Mr. Fukuzawa, "I'll be back soon, thank you so much."

"Be safe!" he shouts as I leave. 

"You too!"

TimeSkip

I sat in my seat in the back of the class. It was English class and we had free work time, since we were an honors class we had much more independence than the other classes. I was annotating a short story Miss Nakamura assigned us. I suddenly felt something collide with my head; it wasn't hard or hurt. It was light and barely noticeable. I looked to my right where the paper came from and saw two boys and a girl silently giggling to themselves. I looked down and saw a balled-up paper that I assume hit my head. I look up front and see Miss Nakamura preoccupied with helping a student in the first row. I picked up the ball and un-crinkled it. The paper had a stick figure picture of a girl with a furrowed unibrow, sharp spiky teeth, her tongue sticking out, and flies flying around her. On top of the girl's head was a dunce hat and under the drawing was writing, "Shouldn't you be in the special classes with the other transfers".

I was angry.

I earned my way into this class. I've proven I deserve to be in my class, time and time again. I participate in discussions and debates. I'm passionate about this subject, and I'm not letting some snot-nosed brats think they're better than me just cause I wasn't born here. I crumple the paper back up into a ball. I check in the front to find Miss Nakamura still distracted before I throw the ball back at the group of kids. The ball hits on of the boys in thehead and they turn and glare at me once they realized I retaliated. 

I didn't realize in that moment that I've dug the first incident that creates the future hell hole of my school life.