Untitled Part 37

"Hold on there's one last thing I wanted to do" I stop in my track.

"What is it" I check my bag, 'good its in here'

"It'll be quick. I promise, wait here and ill be back in no time flat." I say running off to the police car Mrs. Kamisato was being put in.

I asked the police officer sitting in shotgun, "Can I please have one last moment with Mrs. Kamisato please?" the officer looked at me suspicious of my intentions. "I won't be long I promise" I begged.

"Fine, just five minutes." 

"Mrs. Kamisato, I hope you'll think back on this and it can help you in the future." I pulled out the small knife my father gave me. " I hope that this moment lives in your memories for a long time and keeps you from acting selfishly in the future." I pulled out the apple and cut it in half. I handed her a half taking the other for myself. "My father and I would always go to orchards and pick apples together. Eventually, it became a tradition to split an apple-flavored treat after a big accomplishment in either of our lives or after improving ourselves as people. I understand it was hard but turning yourself in and admitting your wrongdoing will truly help you see the light. Maybe during your time in jail, you can care for these apple seeds and help them grow into something beautiful, just as you will."

"Why are you doing this? after what I've done." She said sobbing.

"Mrs. Kamisato, your not a bad person, you're a dandelion in concrete. It's a difficult environment to survive in, but you did it, and you acknowledge what you've become and you're ready to start again and soon join the garden. So please when you get out come find me at the Armed Detective Agency and show me the new person you've blossomed into." 

"Yeah sure kid," she said wiping her tears.

"Call me Y/n," I said.

"Alright Y/n, I'm Suki."

"I wish you well, Suki"

"You too until next time."

"Until next time" I stepped away from the police car and it drove to the police station. I watched the car as far as my vision could see it waving my last goodbye to Mrs. Kamisato in what I assume will be a while. After I lost sight of the car I returned to Ranpo finding him sitting on a nearby bench.

"You done, about time," Ranpo said standing up, "lets go I wanna eat."

"Alright" I searched for near by bakeries on my phone, "Come on there's on just down the block on our way to the train station"

Timeskip 

Ranpo and I just sat in the booth eating our pastries. I drank f/d, while he drank a chocolate milk. Why a 20 something year-old man is drinking chocolate milk? I don't know but he is. Said man even took a break from his sweets and asked me a question, "Y/n do you believe in nature or nurture?" 

"Nature or nurture, why?" 

"Just wondering"he said.

"I guess I would have to say both but I lean more towards nurture." 

"Why is that" he asked.

I explain, "Well, some talents may be inherited from parents or ancestors but it takes nurturing that talent to use it too its max potential. The same thing with behavior, good habits can be encouraged and bad ones discouraged."

"You make a reasonable case." he said. "What about intelligence?"

"I guess its possible, but I think a lot of it involves genetics and nurture combined. My brother and I both are both my fathers children but we both ended up differently. My brothers much more charming and successful than I am but I still have time to change things."

"You have a brother?" Ranpo inquired his interest seemingly peeked. 

" Yeah, were not very close ,I don't like him much if I'm honest but I still love him I guess."

"Sounds like a shitty relationship if you ask me same thing with your parents" he said suddenly crituqueing my family.

"What? I didn't even tell you about my parents." 

"I figured it out on my own, I'm not blind after all."

"Well I must be, because I don't see what your getting at?"

"Your hanging out with 26 year-old man in a cafe on the other side of town after being at a crimescene. This also isn't the first crimescene you've been at. Your at school for 6, or 7 hours I presume and then spend another 4 at the Agency." I hated having to face the facts. The fact that my Papas who knows where and my mother couldn't give two shits about my existence. The fact that my brother is out being happy with his wife and their kids, while I stew in my own loneliness and desperation for connection. " You also willingly followed an old man into an unknown building, you knew the president how long a week? If that level of desperation doesn't scream lack of parental guidance I don't know what does." 

"Yeah, I'm desperate I get it but so what? What if my parents just trust me more and don't need to monitor me."

"Get real, your smart enough to know that if someone was home they most definitely would be charged with child neglect. "

 "I know, but why does it matter?"

"Well it goes back to nature vs nurture" he brought up oncemore, but this time with an addition question. "Tell me, what do you suppose the a child without nurture would be like?"

"I suppose they would mld their personality and behavior around their environment and instincts,"

"Do you think we live in a kind nurturing world y/n?"

"No, far from it." I say ever pessimistic. 

"So what will become of that poor child"

"They wont be happy, they'd probably be alone and scared."

"Y/n, you are that child just like many other children. I know there's not a lot of people that you can trust in this world but please,"

"TRUST THE ARMED DETECTIVE AGENCY"

I know its short but I wanted to get something out. Man, 3 chapters in a row I'm on fire btw if yall wanna be friends on genshin dm me and we can exchange codes and obsess over fictional characters together. 

~Sleeping