A talk on the bridge

I got up and off the couch in Mr. Fukuzawa's office and greeted him after my nap.

"Hey Mr. Fukuzawa" I said with sleep still in my tone. I stretched out my arms then collected my stuff and put it in my bag.

"hm, oh you're up y/n. You were out for quite a while, not even including from when you were out on the mission." He said.

"Wait how'd I get back?" I questioned.

"Dazai carried you and dropped you off in here"

"oh I'll thank him on my way out then" I pulled out my phone to check the time '3 hours!?!?' "Hey Mr. Fukuzawa I'm going to head out"

"Be safe, don't talk to strangers" he said with his attention divided between me and the paperwork in front of him.

"You know I heard that strangers are just friends you haven't met yet" I said jokingly. In response he stared at me with his unreadable resting bitch face.

He sighed at my comment "Just don't get kidnapped or do anything stupid. Just call the agency if you need anything." 

"I promise Mr. Fukuzawa see you tomorrow"

"See you tomorrow y/n"

I walked into the ability users office and walked up to Mr. Dazai's desk where he sat in his chair with his feet resting on the desk while reading from a red book. 'He is allowed to sit like that won't he make a mess of the desk? I guess the agency was more carefree than I thought' "Hey Mr. Dazai" he looked up from his book and faced me. 

"Oh y/n you're up, what's up you need something?"  

"No not really I just wanted to thank you for carrying me back to the agency and I'm sorry for falling asleep during the case. You guys could have just woken me up I wouldn't have minded" I half apologized and half thanked him.

"It's all good, besides I gave you to Atsushi halfway through to give my arms a rest. I'm just glad you have no head damage"

"I'll thank him too- Wait what do you mean no head damage?" 

"We might have nearly dropped you a few times. I'm surprised you didn't wake up you sure are a heavy sleeper" he joked while I thought about how I nearly got a concussion and didn't even know.

"You know the longer this conversation goes on the more concerned I am."

"Well your not knocked out and talking so I'm sure your fine"

"I guess you have a point, i'm gonna go now bye Mr. Dazai"

"It's just Dazai"

"Right I forgot, bye"

"Bye" he said before turning back to his book. I left his desk to go to Nakajima's but he wasn't there. I'm surprised that I didn't realize early. I'll just thank him later. "Hey Dazai do you like chocolate cookies?" 

"Yeah, i had them once and they were pretty ok. Why?" he asked.

"Just wondering that's all" 

I put on my jacket and walked to the elevator down the hall. I hit the down button and entered the empty elevator. I hit the first floor and listened to the smooth jazz as I descended to the ground-level floor. I walked out of the building, the cool evening air hitting my face and strands of loose hair falling brushing against my face due to the slight breeze. I made my way home with the street lights lighting my way. 'I should probably grab the ingredients for the cookies'. I entered a very familiar store and wandered into the basic essentials section for baking flour and such. Then I went to the sweets aisle for the chocolate chips and picked up a strawberry pocky to snack on for the night. I brought up my groceries pulling out my pocket cash. " Hey Mr. Ukai" I greeted the store owner.

"Hey kid" he answered while putting out his cigarette.

"So, how'd the training camp go?" 

"It went pretty good. The ginger from the freak duo made frenemies with a Russian kid from Nekoma"

"That's cool. Did you know that I'm actually part Russian"

"Wait really," he asked.

"Yeah, half on my dad's side, or at least that's what my mom said."

"Hmm I don't know you seem pretty short are you sure your Russian?" he teased.

I gasped "for your information, I'm average height"

"Whatever I'm just pulling your leg kid, your (almost as tall as the ginger on our team/ your taller than the ginger on our team)"

"Good to know see you later Mr. Ukai"

"Later"

I walked out with my groceries crossing the bridge to get home when I spot a familiar figure sitting on a bench. She wore a red kimono with a yellow obi and her dark blue hair in two pigtails just like the day before. I approached her and sat down on the bench next to hers. She glanced over at me noticing my prescence. I waved at her and she waved back. With a newly gained confidence i tried to start up a conversation. "I've noticed you around here before" I said.

"I've noticed you around here too" she said softly.

"Makes sense I come this way on my walk home."

"I  like to come here to watch the sunset"

"I stay a bit to watch it too. I'm L/n, by the way, L/n Y/n" I introduced myself.

"Kyouka Izumi, its a pleasure to meet you"

"Right back at you"

"....."

"......"

"so... whats your favorite animal?"

"I like rabbits, they're really cute" she said while grabbing at her phone necklace while staring at the bunny keychain. 

"Yeah they are and they're so soft too"

"What about you, what's your favorite animal?" she asked turning away from her keychain to look at me.

"Hmmm.... well I'd probably say (Fav animal), I always thought they were (cute/ cool) growing up and I guess that opinion kinda just stuck with me" 

Me and Izumi kept talking until it got dark out and I had to leave. 

I hope we meet again soon Izumi.