Somethings not right

Y/ns POV

 Ranpo and I walked into the ice cream parlor, a cold blast of air hitting us as we entered. We walked up to the counter I ordered the (favorite ice cream flavor), while Ranpo got triple chocolate. I don't know how he could eat that without feeling a little nauseous, his ice cream was chocolate with brownie chunks and covered in chocolate syrup. I just had two scoops of (favorite ice cream) and a topping. After getting our ice cream and ME paying for the food, we sat down at a table in the corner near a window. I sat across from Ranpo and silently ate my ice cream as Ranpo stared out the window. I looked at the window and saw nothing of interest. Just people, a businessman on a phone call with a briefcase probably filled with files on the market, an officer carrying around a small black bag over his shoulder, and a mother trying to wrangle her children away from the shop were currently in. She's probably making up excuses such as, "Not right now mommy's busy, she needs to work" or, "well do it some other time, not right now".

 Ranpo broke the silence, "So, Father's days coming up, are you doing anything" 

"Yeah, I'm gonna call my dad and hopefully he answers," I said while poking at my ice cream before I resumed eating it. "He's got a busy schedule so I'm not sure when he'll be free, What about you are you doing anything?" Ranpo looked at me.

"I'm just gonna hang out at the agency. I don't really have any way to celebrate, the President is gonna take the agency out to dinner though," He said lazily. 

"Yeah?" I guess I wasn't invited. It makes sense its not like I'm an actual employee.

"He's gonna make the announcement today or tomorrow. If you can't get in contact with you dad you should come."

"Yeah, maybe if I find time I could probably stop by," I said.

Ranpo popped up "Welp, I'm finished let's go!" 

"Hey. but I'm not finished!" I shouted while Ranpo began walking away.

Ranpo shouted over his shoulder as he left the store, "Just take it with you" I gathered my belongings and chased after where Ranpo ran off to. I caught up to him and fell into step with him. As we walked back to the agency a soft drizzle began to fall. "Are you kidding? Great, just great."

"This way, there's a bus stop over here," I said as I dragged him over to the stop. I sat on the bench checking the bag to check if anything inside it was ruined. Luckily, everything was dry and intact. I looked at the streets where the light drizzle turned into heavy rain and observed the previously busy streets. The businessman got into a cab, the policeman turned into an alleyway for presumable shelter, while he clutched his bag to his chest, and the mother gave in to her kids pestering to get away from mother nature's current wrath and into the ice cream shop. Ranpo and I sat on the bench under the hangover. From the second we sat down I felt uneasy, I couldn't pin it down but it just itched at the back of my brain clinging on like a parasite. I couldn't handle the paranoia. I needed something else to focus on. "Hey Ranpo," I asked, while Ranpo shook his hat trying to get the water out of it. Hey hummed in acknowledgment. "Why did you become a detective?" 

"Well, it's kind of a long story" I looked at the heavy rain pouring down.

"I think we got time for it, I don't think we're gonna end up going anywhere, anytime soon."

He sighed in accepting, "Fine, ok basically my dad was this genius detective, and my mom wasn't a famous detective, but she was a genius. She would always beat him at solving mysteries." He spoke fondly of his family, founder than I've ever seen him before. " But they ended up dying in an accident."  'maybe I shouldn't have asked'