Untitled part 65

The older man rubbed his fingers against the young girls head. The man on the couch grabbed the remote off the table and shut down the Television. Despite it being early afternoon the girl was fast asleep once more.

Ranpo sat up properly on the couch with a much more somber look on his face. "So, what are gonna do about those Americans."

"Ranpo, I don't wish to discuss this with her here." Fukuzawa said in a quiet yet firm voice.

"Cases are only going to keep us out of the crossfire for so long." Ranpo pulled at his hair, "Just a day ago, while we were being sitting ducks at dinner. They tried to take Atsushi and the Tanizakis. If Atsushi didn't get them out there, we could have lost the siblings, Atsushi, and Kenji." Ranpo let out a frustrated sigh.

"I understand, but I don't believe she's ready to know. She's already stressed about her mother suddenly showing up. I shouldn't add being stuck in a turf war on top of her stress." The man began to pick the girl up bridal style. Ranpo moved from the couch to the recline and put on of the extra pillows on one end of the couch.

"The cases can only keep her busy for so long. Besides, this so called "guild" is picking us of one by one. Y/n's sure to be an attractive target to them."

"And why is that?" The man asks while laying the girl onto the cushions of the couch.

"Until recently she's been the most inconsistent member attendants wise. It would take a bit of time to notice her disappearance unlike Kunikida or other consistent employees."
The older man took the blanket off the unused recliner and layer it over the girl.
"Second, she's not going to be capable in a fight. Unlike Dazai, Atsushi, Kenji, or Kyouka, she's not made for combat."

Mr. Fukuzawa turned to Ranpo, "She's vulnerable because of she doesn't have an ability to fall back on. How will this make her any easier of a target than you or Haruno?"

Ranpo walked to his room and then came back out with a file in hand. "I'm not talking about abilities, they can only fall back in them so often. It's quite simple really, the intentions behind the attack are the real contributors."

He tossed the file onto the table. Fukuzawa picked it up and began sifting through. The files first coming to find a copy of the girls birth certificate. Then coming across many different article clippings and police reports from across the world. "I don't understand. How do these terrorist reports and cults have anything to do with her."
'Religious cult on the run"
'Terrorist attack off of border of Europe"
"Cult members captured, but leader on the lose"
Ranpo sat back down on the recliner and rested his arms on his knees. "What's a recurring name in all of these cases?"

"A man named Fyodor Dostoevsky." It then hit the older man as he was going through all the documents. He then flipped on to the first page. The first document he saw.
At (city name) Hospital
(Month) (day) (year)
Y/n Dostoevsky
Child of Dahlia Dostoevsky and Fyodor Dostoevsky

Of course, it added up. The obsession with religion and the guilt it weighed on her. The intellect, the apathy for the blood shed that surrounded her, and the missing father and careless mother. "When did you do find all this?"

"Dazai actually did the digging. He figured something was different about her when he found about your old friends fascination with her."

Fukuzawa was further displeased, "That man is no friend of mine."

"Of course not, but you were acquainted with him once." Ranpo opened his eyes, "You know that he only takes special interest in special kind of children. So president, maybe the guild will kill two birds with one stone, and use our little Watson here as a motivator for the mafia to take us down as well."

"So what do we do?" Fukuzawa asked.

"Make her aware of what's going, at least she'll be aware someone might be out for her head."