Settling in

Y/n: Pov

I woke up in my new bed, turned off my alarm, and started scrolling through my phone. I searched through the internet, and "found it."  I got out of bed and put on shorts and a soft sweatshirt. I left my room and opened the curtains of the living room. Out the window, I saw the night sky out and the street lights still on. I went to the kitchen and turned the lights on and began taking things out of the fridge. I grabbed a skillet and put it on the flame from the stove. I began cracking eggs in a bowl and then poured it into the pan. I added the cheese and toppings into the middle of the omelet.

I heard footsteps from behind me, I slid the omelet onto a plate. I turned around to find a groggy Ranpo going to sit at the counter.

"Hey Ranpo," He hummed at me. I started cracking eggs into the bowls. "What do you want in your omelet?"

"uuhhh.... mushrooms" he said. I whisked the eggs and then poured them into the pan. As the eggs cooked I chopped the mushrooms. I slid the omelet onto a plate when it was finished cooking. I placed it in front of Ranpo.

"What do you think Mr.Fukuzawa would like?" I asked

"I don't know, just try something high in protein," Alright, I can work with this. I grabbed chicken, and green peppers out of the fridge. I cut the pre-cooked chicken and the peppers. I then cooked the eggs and added them in.

"What are we even doing today?" I asked.

"I don't know it's up to the big man."

"I wish Mr. Fukuzawa would just get up then." I poured waiting for the omelet to cook.

"Why do you call him Mr?" Ranpo asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked in return.

"Well, everyone at the agency calls him the president or prez or Fukuzawa."

"What do you call him? Dad?" I joked.

"What about you? I know you've got them parental issues!" He said.

"What are you two doing up so early?" I heard a deep voice join our conversation.

"Hey Zawa"

"Morning Mr. Fukuzawa," I say and then turn back to slide the omelet onto the plate. Mr. Fukuzawa sits to the right of Ranpo, and I take my seat on Mr. Fukuzawas right. All of us began eating our omelets.

"So what are we doing today?" I asked.

"We'll I figured we could go shopping in case there's anything else you need to get. Then we can go to your home to see if there's anything else you want to grab." Mr. Fukuzawa said.

Ranpo then chimed in, "Oh yeah! I need to get more snacks too!"

"Alright finish up your breakfast and then get ready, we leave in half an hour." He put his plate in the sink and left to his room.

At the Mall

"Wow, I wasn't expecting such a big outlet mall!" I looked around at the many big buildings and stands, and people passing me by.

"We have all day, so take your time." Mr. Fukuzawa said.

"Oh, I'm gonna stop at the sweets shop!" Ranpo attempted to run off to the candy store before being stopped by Mr. Fukuzawa. 

"No, we're going to do that last." He said firmly. Ranpo complained and questioned why, "Because if we get it now, any chocolate, or other such items you get will melt while were carrying them around, and I don't care if it's going to rain later."

"Ugh fine." 

We began our shopping journey. I looked at shorts, pants, tops, and skirts. Fukuzawa and Ranpo, begrudgingly, looked at dress pants and shirts. I got redressed in my t-shirt, jeans, and windbreaker. I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I saw a girl, she was normal looking, maybe not for Japan. But, normal in America, or (country). Despite looking normal, things still felt off. It can't be me God doesn't make mistakes. But what if he did it on purpose? No, he loves me as I love him. Maybe it's the clothes? The clothes felt fine, not baggy or too tight. They weren't eccentric or bland. They were just average. But that girl, the one in the mirror, she wasn't normal, was she? She isn't normal, not for a girl from Japan, America, Russia, or even (country). No, a normal girl from anywhere would have a kind attentive mother, a smart and present father, and a brother she's even spoken to more recently than nearly a year ago. That's what a normal girl with a normal family would have, isn't it?

But I don't need that family anymore. I already have a perfectly good one right here.

"Y/n! You done changing yet, come on I wanna get some snacks!" I heard knocking on the other side of the door.

I slipped my shoes back on. "Just a second!" I tied up the laces and joined Mr.Fukuzawa and Ranpo. 

Ranpo stood up, "Alright, snack time, let's go!" he cheered as we left the store.

"Oh! That reminds me can we stop at the grocery store on our way back? I wanna make you guys a surprise." I asked.

"As long as you clean up the dishes for this 'surprise'." said Mr. Fukuzawa.

Bonus clip!

*Ding!*

I pulled the hot sheet out of the oven and placed it on the stove. The aroma from the snacks were flowing throughout the home. I took a spatula and transferred the hot treats to a plate. I pulled open the glass sliding door. There were three seats, two taken by men in their pajamas. The last one was open waiting for me. I wore my fluffy pajama pants and a T-shirt. I held a blanket to keep myself warm. I sat down in the chair and wrapped myself in the blanket. I took in the beautiful show in front of me in the night sky. Cracks of lightning illuminated the sky while the sound of pattering rain and booming thunder flowed through my senses. I put the plate of warm cookies on the table in front of Fukuzawa and he passed me a hot mug of green tea. 

Ranpo took a cookie, took a bite, and then hummed, "Chocolate chip?" 

"Yeah, old family recipe," I sipped the hot tea. "It was kinda relaxing making them, it's been a while since I've had time to just relax. It's nice."

Mr Fukuzawa sipped his tea staring out into the storm, "I agree, it's nice to just take things in after being on the move constantly."

"I guess all we can ask for is a little more time then, huh." 

And another one! Enjoy imma keep this brief also promoting my other story blue haired boy on my profile ok bye! Happy Summer Yall!