Untitled Part 10

I woke up and got ready for school. Once I was in uniform and looked decent I watered my plants and walked downstairs. I decided to skip breakfast and just pick something on my way to school. I walked into the cafe that I went to on the day of Atsushi's test. I approached the counter/ display case and looked at all the different muffins.

'Hmm chocolate chip, banana, cornbread, honey, blueberry, apple cinnamon'

"How can I help you miss?" The girl at the counter asked.

"Can I have the blueberry muffin?" I asked.

"That will be 330 yen," She said after typing in my order.

I handed her 400 yen and she handed me back 70 yen and my muffin. I exited the store and pulled my muffin out of the bag and started eating. I walked to school lost in thought. I arrived at school. I stopped at my locker. I stuffed my bag in and grabbed my gym uniform. I got to the gym and we changed in the lockers. Since we had a sub today we just walked around the track. After a gym, I went to math class.

Timeskip to Lunchtime

"Hey L/n" Asahina greeted.

"Oh hey Asahina how's it going," I asked.

"A little rough if I'm going, to be honest" she responded sheepishly. 

"Why, what's up?" 

"Well my English essay sucks and I don't know what I'm doing wrong I can't finding anything to write about." She complained about her messy essay.

"I can help you if you want Asahina" I offered. 

"Really, thank you, L/n you're a lifesaver" she beamed with joy. 

"Ok, so it's a get to know you essay"

"Maybe I could put I suck at writing" She joked.

"Well, maybe I could put I'm good at writing other people's essays" I joked back.

Timeskip

'Last class day only an hour and then I could hang out at the agency. At least it's with Mrs. Nakamura '

I took my seat by the window and placed my bag beside me. I checked the instructions on the board and opened up my back to get my supplies. I pulled out my notebook pencil.

"Good afternoon class today we'll be starting our new lesson for the quarter. You'll be choosing a foreign author and read books, stories, and poems by them. Once you finish one of the author's writings you will analyze it. The more writings and analysis essays you do the more points you'll get but if you have bad analysis essays points will be taking off. The difficulty level of the writing will affect the amount of points you'll earn. For today you will research and by the end of class I want to know what author you're doing" she explained.

It didn't take much time for me to decide what author I was going to do. I choose to do Edgar Allan Poe. The guy just seemed so interesting he wrote such twisted but interesting stories. Personally, I've never read about a guy turning himself in driven by the sound of his victim's heart that he hid in the floorboard. Only Poe would write such an exciting yet horrifying story. This would work out well. I already own all of Poe's books at home. I might be obsessed with his writing but it's his fault for making them that interesting. I decided to start with "The Cask of Amontillado". I told her about my choice and she gave me her approval and told me I could start the project as soon I want or I could just hang out for the rest of class. I nodded and headed back to my seat. I looked out the window and observed the street below me. The was a black-haired woman in a pantsuit on a phone, a kid in one of our school uniforms walking with a woman in casual clothing both with matching blonde hair, another kid with blue hair in red kimono, an elder man crossi- wait a minute a red kimono. 

'Is that her? She looks identical to her there's no way that can't be her. That has to be blueberry girl.' I thought as I started getting out of my seat and packing my bag. 'Wait I still have 4 minutes left of class just my luck' I set my bag down and started to bounce my leg to keep my impatience at bay. 'come on bell just ring already' I thought. 

"Since everyone's finished with todays part of the project you're all dismissed early. Have a good day class" Mrs. Nakamura announced. 

'Thank you god, Mrs. Nakamura you really come through for me'

I quickly grabbed my bag and rushed to my locker I threw all my books and work for the day in and exited the school.

"Come on, Come on, she couldn't have gone far. Dammit where'd she go" I mumbled I walked down the street searching for the girl. 'She's gone ugh I was so close' I had my chance to talk to her and it was thrown out the window. I gave up and walked home to get changed. I got to my front door and looked back over to Miss Yamagiwa's house. She was still gone. I went into my house and changed into gym shoes, (a shirt of your choice), and (pants of your choice). I took out tonights homework from my bookbag and put it into my satchel. I grabbed a sweatshirt and made my way to the agency. I got into the building and went into the elevator. I waited with a few other people listening to the soft jazz of the elevator music until it hit my floor. I entered the building noticing Mr. Atsushi was missing. I entered Mr. Fukuzawas office after greeting everyone. 

"Hey, Mr. Fukuzawa is Mr. Atsushi on a mission?" I asked.

"Not that I'm aware" he answered.

"Oh, ok," I ask "So how's your day so far?" 

"It's been well today nice and quite"

"That's good"

"How about you, how was your day"

"It was interesting I talked with my classmate a bit. I helped her with her homework during lunch. We also started a project today in English class today"

"What is it about?" 

"We're supposed to pick a foreign author and  write about what we read by them"

"Who are you doing?"

"I'm doing Edgar Allan Poe. His books are really good, so are his poems, literally, anything he writes is good. He's my favorite author."

"I'll have to give his books a read sometime, any suggestions?"

"Oh, you should read the tell-tale heart, it's about this guy who is a caretaker for this old guy with a freaky eye. It starts with him saying I'm not crazy I promise and it basically goes on about how he murdered him and once he killed the old dude he ended up burying him in the floorboards but some police officers come and at first, he's fine the officers don't suspect a thing but then he starts hearing a beating sound from the floor and its the guy's heart and he goes crazy and admits to the murder and gets set to a psyche ward" I explained excitedly.

'Oh I was ranting I probably freaked him out'

"Sounds interesting, I'll give it a read as soon as I can"

"Oh ok cool. So do you have any deliveries for me today?"

"No, but today is Atsushi's job with Ranpo, and I wanted you to join them just in case since Atsushi's new to the city and Ranpo can get lost anywhere without fail." He explained.

"Ok sounds fun I guess this will be my first case to" I agreed.

To be continued~

v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^

Thanks so much for reading Imma keep this short since it's late. Thank you for commenting voting, adding this to your library, and reading I appreciate the support you guys are amazing thanks so much have a good day/night bye~