Part 75

I walked down the hallway to the agency grocery bags in one hand and suitcase in the other. I got to the door and realized my hands were full. Well I don't need to put everything down just to open a door. I could just it with the side of my hand- ok that didn't work. It's fine though, I could just use my other ha- nope I have eggs in the bag. Well, maybe I could use the fingers that slip through the handle of the suitcase- come on, come on, come o-

"Y/n what are you doing?" Dazai asked amused.

"Nothing, my hand just slipped when I was opening the door." I said dismissing him.

"Really, 4 times?" He teased.

"Whatever,"

"My someone's hitting the angst teenager phase!" He pushed my buttons as I stomped into the agency.

My shoulders raised to my ears and I grumbled "I am not!"

"What's in the suitcase?" He asked.

"Nothing!" He tried grabbing at but I pulled it away out of his reach. However, in the process I ended up swinging the grocery bags against my body, breaking the eggs inside. I gasped when I realized what I've done. Opening the bag I found the mix of shells and egg mixed inside, if they weren't broken they were cracking and on their way there.

Dazai also took a peek in the bag before grabbing it from my hands and throwing it out. "Dazai, are you wasting our groceries, Kunikida asked exhausted.

"No, they were already broken, no point in keeping broken eggs." He said with a shrug.

"It was my fault, I'll go replace the eggs." I put the good groceries in the kitchen and placed the suitcase on Ranpos desk.

As I was about to leave I have a request, "Can one of you tell the president I ran out to grab more eggs if he asks where I'm at."

"Got it Y/n!"

I took one more glance around the agency. That's strange Atsushi and Kyouka are already gone.

Timeskip

I walked down the busy streets of Yokohama. Why aren't you at the agency? You may ask.
Well dear voice in my head because it's getting over bearing, it's becoming more and more clear that I am not in the know. Im not even being cases anymore just filler chores to get me out of the agency. Not only that but neither Kyouka or Atsushi have been there. So instead of mopping around the agency I might have ..... just not shown up. But I sent Mr. Fukuzawa a text. I just didn't specify where I was or what I was doing..... ok yeah it sounds but so is acting like nothings wrong. They let Kyouka and Kenji know why does it matter about me. I can be serious, I can deal with this stuff too, I'm not just some kid!

I looked around and didn't even notice a younger kid bumped into me. They had black and white split hair and wore a blue blazer, with a yellow scarf, and held a strange doll. "I'm sorry I wasn't looking where I was going."

The kid looked up at me, their eyes shined brightly and I took note of their star shaped and ringed pupil, what an oddcase of heterochromia. "It's okay! Hey wanna play a game?"

"Oh, um, sure. What do you want to play?" I asked.

"Let's play rock, paper, scissors, to pick who chooses." The kid suggested.

"Alright,"
"rock, paper, scissors, shoot!" I held a rock and they held paper.

"Yay!" They jumped up and down.

"Ok, what are we playing?"

"Tag, your it!" The kid said before rushing off. I chased after him but lost him in the crowd, I looked around and searched among monochrome  blacks and brown, until I spotted the striking white. I followed the hair color to the kid standing with a tall man, he punched him in the chest. He then turned to me, "let's hold hands this will be interesting."

"What will," I asked as they grabbed my hand and squeezed. I felt small cuts on my hand as if I was tightly grasping a fresh rose. I pulled my hand away and felt the tiny cuts tear. I looked at my now bleeding hand and then up to the kid. They held up their hand wrapped in barbed wire covered in fresh and dried blood.

"If you injure me, that hand mark shows up on you." The kid had a now bone chilling grin on his face. "Now, show me how insane you can get!"

I felt my heart start to race and it got harder to breathe. I was gasping for air and my hearing kept coming in and out. I finally looked back at the kid to see him frozen looking at whatever was casting the shadow over us. I turned my face to it to find.... Oh my god.....it's....what .... What god would creat such a..... such a....thing.

".....a -aAAAAAHHH!"