Chapter 17

Apologies for flicking perspective so much in this one I wanted to give both storyline's some time, leave your comments below!
Hayley's pov

Severus's voice is what awoke me the next day his tone had a sense of urgency. I slowly opened my eyes to see him kneeling beside the couch Was I in trouble? Oh no I'm in trouble. I shot up, Severus seemed to sense my panic and raised a hand a sign that I was to calm myself. I looked at him he had already dressed into his robes.

"Hayley we must show you something," He told me, his face held no emotion.

He guided me out of the dungeons, I shivered as the cold air hit my skin. Severus flicked his wand and my gryffindor robes flew towards me. I smiled gratefully as I slipped it on. We were heading to the hospital wing, my heart began pounding why were we heading there?

Severus's pov

My heart was pounding, after what Hayley told me about Jaime this could break her. My eyes kept flicking back to glance at her, anxiety etched on her features. By now she must've worked out where we were going, oh Lily I wish you were here. Alas you are not so please give me strength to raise her and support her through this. The doors to the hospital wing approached as did Minerva who was guiding Potter and Weasley.

"Hayley!" Potter called running towards Hayley, I suppressed an eye roll

Hayley's pov

"Harry!" I cried, he stopped in front of me he looked as if he wanted to hug me. I felt a twang in my heart.

"What's going on? Where were you last night?" He asked me,

"I have no clue, I was with Professor Snape," I said hastily

The teachers corralled us into the wing. We walked towards a bed in the back left hand corner of the room. Oh good the creature it had attacked again... bushy brown hair caught my gaze... Hermione. I stumbled back images of Jaime and Hermione flashed in my mind. Harry gently touched her hand Mconagall asked Harry and Ron questions. I couldn't make out the words a sharp ringing was piercing my ears. Was I cursed? Maybe this is karma for killing Jaime? What if... What if... I've got to get out of here! I turned on my heels and sprinted for the door

"Hayley!" Harry and Professor Snape called after me,

my feet collided with the hard stones of hogwarts as I ran. Dungeons? No Professor Snape would find me, Gryffindor tower? My dorm is now empty since breakfast was in progress and since... since. Tears trickled down my face as I bolted up to the tower, I spluttered out the password the fat lady gave me a sympathetic look. I went straight to my room and collapsed onto my bed dissolving into tears. I sobbed for what felt like to me hours. We weren't close hell I'd barely call us friends but she was... she was my dorm mate and my brothers best friend. She was in all my classes, a constant.

Soon my tears slowed and the sadness was replaced by a bleak hollow feeling in my chest. Suddenly the dark room was lit up by Mconagall's patrons summoning me down to the common room. I dragged myself out of bed and down to the common room. Fred and George were the first to notice me. They moved towards me.

"Hey Green... we heard about Granger," Fred started,

"We're here if you need us," George finished.

The rest of the Gryffindors filled the room. Mconagall started addressing us all. She had a scroll in her hand and a sad look on her face.

"Students must be accompanied by a teacher to and from lessons, no exceptions,
Students are to remain in the tower no exceptions,
Students will be escorted to meals by a teacher no exceptions,

I must warn you all, if the person behind these attacks isn't caught hogwarts will most likely be closed,"

My heart sank, back at the orphanage for who knows how long? Tears returned to my eyes at the thought of leaving Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred, George and Severus the closest thing to a father I had ever known.

"It's ok Green," George said appearing beside me,

"Yeah we'll keep you safe!" Fred appeared on my other,

"Your family," George added,

Severus's pov

Where had she gone? My heart was pounding harder then ever, a pit formed in my gut. I went to the dungeons she goes there when she is upset. Please let her be there. Minerva promised to Floo call me when Hayley is found. I searched my classroom, then my office, Frwooosh the floo roared to life. I raced to the floo.

"Severus she is in the Gryffindor tower, I will watch over her ," Minerva's voice explained,

I let out a breath I hadn't known I was holding in. That's it. She needed stability. That girl deserves a better life then this. I stood up changed into muggle clothing. I flooed to Diagon Alley then apparatus to a little orphanage in London. I took a breath as I entered the establishment, it was as ratty as I remembered it to be. The matron approached me.

"How can I help you sir?"

"I wish to enquire about adoption,"

"What enquiries do you have?" The matron hummed,

"What are the requirements?" I asked trying to keep the hesitation from my voice,

"A stable house, stable income, loving environment,"

"Thankyou," I said curtly

Hayley's pov

Harry awoke me from my place on the common room couch between the twins. Ron stood behind him. Harry gestured for me to silent and follow him I nodded. Harry threw the invisibility cloak over Ron myself and Him. we walked to the forbidden forest. It was freezing and the cloak was to thin to provide much warmth. I looked down and let out a small scream a stream of spiders was walking around us. Hundreds of them crawling. We kept walking until we saw hundreds of thousands of spiders. I hate spiders so much. My stomach dropped before us was a spider the size of the great hall. Harry began talking to it, I was distracted by the massive fangs on the large arachnids around us, their mouths seemed be dropping with saliva or at least what I was telling myself was saliva. Adrenaline pumped through my system as the conversation drew closer to the finish and took one a strange characteristic. Aragog talked like we were food. To him. We are food. Bloody hell we better start running.