Chapter 44

I'd like to start off this chapter thanking @kissedvip I greatly enjoyed reading your comments. And I'd also like to thank @TheAudacityOfYou Ive also loved your comments! seriously guys it so great seeing your thoughts and reactions to stuff that happens. I started writing this book for myself and practice it's so cool to see you all enjoying it too. Anyway on with the story!

Severus's pov

Severus,

Umbridge has been appointed Headmistress, I have fled, do not owl me, the order will handle this.

-Albus

"Sev?"

My daughter was standing in the doorway of my home office, I placed the quill down gesturing for her to take a seat. She carefully sat across from me. The clock read 7:00am, I raised an eyebrow placing the letter face down on my desk. What could my daughter possibly be doing up at 7:00am on a Saturday? Weren't teenagers meant to stay in bed for as long as humanly possible. A smirk played on my lips as I thought of the word daughter, she is my daughter. She played with the hem of her grey shirt twisting the fabric around the tip of her finger. She was in the clothes she had slept in, her hair was slightly matted. I waved my wand summoning a hair brush. I moved around the desk and very carefully started to brush her green locks. She jerked her head away scrunching up her face at me.

"Sev! I'm 15,"

"I'm 36,"

"I can brush my own hair,"

I rolled my eyes handing her the brush and returned to my chair. She brushed the knots out of her hair rather aggressively. A grimace crept onto my face as she yanked at her hair. Her unevenly cut hair. Of course. The curse would prevent hair cuts. A twinge struck my heart, the thought of all the experiences Hayley would miss out on. A deep sigh escaped my chest.

"I want to talk about lord Voldemort," she said in a very business like tone sitting up straight in the chair.

She inherited your tact Severus. I thought for a moment, in truth I wanted to shield her from everything to do with the dark lord but she would most likely be a target so she should know. Leaning back in my chair I responded as nonchalantly as I could.

"What do you wish to know,"

"Why did people follow him," she asked in a rehearsed manner like she was giving a speech to her professor not having a conversation with her own father.

"Some were scared, Pettigrew is a good example of that, others already believed in pure-blood mania like Black's family," she nodded chewing the inside of her cheek.

"What about you," I sighed deeply, a question I knew she'd ask eventually.

"I was a spy for Albus, in the dark lords ranks,"

"A death eater?"

"Yes,"

Silence fell over us. her hair shielded her face so I couldn't read her expression. Was she disappointed? Disgusted? Ashamed? Oh Lily I'm so sorry for what happened I wish you could be here explaining to her how much of a bastard I am. The sound of shuffling reached my eyes though I didn't have the energy to look and see where it stemmed from.

"Dad?"

"Dad? You did what you had too," my head shot up Hayley stood beside me a small smile on her face. How I wished I could just hold her.

"Would you like some breakfast?" She asked, I gave her a small smile. How far we'd come.

Hayley's pov

We stood in our olive green kitchen bowls and pans everywhere. Flour littered the floor, the sink already full of dishes. Severus stood beside me in a tee shirt and jeans. I flicked the pancake batter at Severus, he flinched when the batter hit his arm. He looked down at the batter then up to me, a smirk crept onto his face. A long finger scooped it up before flinging the batter back at me. I yelled as it hit my nose. He started to laugh.

"Dad!" I said crossing my arms pouting. My eyes darted to the pile of flour beside me, my own very Snape like smirk spread across my face. slamming my hand into the flour I flung it to him. He let out his own Yelp as white powder covered him. It was quite a sight my brooding father usually dressed in all back now covered in fine white flour that clung to the wrinkles in his skin and the creases in his cloths. Slowly he raised a hand to his face dragging it down his features. He had a smile on his lips. flicking his wrist the food floated onto the plates and the dishes started cleaning themselves however he did not clean the batter from my face or the flour from his body.

He guided me to the table where we sat down to eat.

I began to talk about this new charms book I read. It really was quite good. Sev nodded along smiling at me gently occasionally putting more food onto my plate or refilling my orange juice. He seemed really happy so I kept talking about the book.

Severus's pov

I watched my daughter eat her food happily. Lily my not have been able To forgive me but I hope she was happy with how I was raising her daughter. I hope Hayley enjoyed her life. Honestly for the first time since before hogwarts I was truly happy.