Chapter 26

Sorry about the lots of dialogue in this chapter as usual leave your reactions and thoughts down below
Hayley's pov

"This is a bad idea,"

"it'll be alright Hayls," George chuckled,

"No No Harry is a danger magnet with an invisibility cloak," I said exasperated,

"He can be invisible he is probably sneaking out as we speak,"

I groaned conceding. They were probably right. The twins rushed off to give Harry the Marauder's map, a realisation hit me like a ton of bricks. Messers moony worm tail, pad foot and prongs... moony... I need to talk to Remus. I quickly walked out of the common room heading straight for the DADA room, I heard footsteps and filch's voice. Bloody hell, I ducked into a shadowy corridor. Once filch past I slipped out of my hiding place and picked up the pace. Filch definitely scares me and I'm certain he wouldn't approve of my outing. I opened the door to Remus's classroom.

"Remus?" He looked up from his desk and smiled at me,

"Hayley what a pleasant surprise!"

"So moony..." I trailed off as I sat on of the student desks,

"Yes cub?"

"I solemnly swear I'm up to no good," a knowing look overtook his features.

"Ah I see you have discovered the wonders of the Marauders map," I nod,

"I imagine you have a number of questions," I nod again,

"Who are the others?" A sad look replaced his knowing one, I suddenly felt like this perhaps was the wrong question to lead with. Remus folded his arms on his desk leaning forward. He nodded slowly and he seemed to be thinking about his words carefully. A nostalgic look on his features as if he was trying to remember memories that have long since faded.

"Prongs was James... your father," my eyes widened my father? my father was prongs... Why prongs? And for that matter why moony? The feeling of longing that usually fills me when hearing about my parents returned. Everyone seemed to know them, they seemed to have all had strong relationships with so many people. Yet i never knew them.

"Wormtail was Peter pettigrew, our friend," he continued the pain on his face only grew more. Another passed tense, peter must've passed like prongs.  Remus's face contorted in pain, he looked as if he could cry.

"And padfoot is- is... Padfoot is Sirius black," Remus struggled to get those words out, my jaw dropped. All colour left my face as the weight of that name hit my shoulders. The weight of who that man was. I prayed it was a different man.

"Sirius Black as in?" Remus looked like he was in agony thinking about Sirius Black. None of the others had managed to illicit this pained of a reaction. I already knew what the answer was before he said it.

"The escapee from Azkaban, yes, he is padfoot,"

A moment of agonised silence washed over us. Remus's words confirmed what I already knew. My parents were friends with THE Sirius Black. Remus was friends with him. Good friends with him it would seem.

"Where do the nicknames come from?" A pained tired smile pulled at Remus's mouth. A nostalgic glint hovered in his gaze. He looked as if he was looking through me. Staring at a far off memory.

"James, Peter and Sirius were all what is call an animagus, they can turn into animals at will, unlike a werewolf,"

"Where did moony come from," his face became very serious,

"You must swear to secrecy on this one Hayley," I didn't even need to think

"I'll keep your secret Remus," he nodded and took a deep breath

"I am a werewolf they became animagi to keep me company, now would you like some tea?"

After we had some Tea I headed to the library. A feeling of sympathy gnawed in my stomach. Remus has been alone since Sirius went to prison. he must be so lonely. Going from having three friends with him to none. The next step seemed quite logical, I need to try and become an Animagus. whatever it takes. Remus is family and he deserves to not be alone. He is my family.

I searched for any books on becoming an Animagus, I managed to find a few and a secluded corner of the library. I began reading

WARNING BECOMING AN ANIMAGUS IS DANGEROUS
RISK OF MUTATIONS
RISK OF SEVERE INJURY
RISK OF DEATH

I brushed past the many warnings each book had. I'm doing this for family. I skimmed through the the books which were mostly filled by the stories of horrific events, famous people and ministry warnings.

Steps to become an Animagi
If you have ignored all warnings up until this point abandon any fear or hesitation you have otherwise you could become one of the stories in this book.

1. Keep a mandrake leaf in your mouth for one month full moon to full moon DO NOT REMOVE OR SWALLOW OTHERWISE YOU MUST RESTART
2.place the leaf in a small crystal phial that receives the pure rays of the moon(place it in the phial in the moonlight so it receives the light)
3.add one strand of your hair in the phial with the leaf
4.place a silver teaspoon of dew from a place untouched by sunlight and human feet for seven days.
5.add a deaths-head hawk moths chrysalis
6.leave it in a quiet dark place until an electrical storm
7.every sunrise and sundown place the tip of your wand to your heart and repeat the incantation "Amato animo animato Animagus"
8.once lightning appears during a storm go to where you hid the phial if done correctly there should be mouthful of blood red liquid in the phial
9.place your wand against your chest repeat the earlier incantation and drink the potion
10. The image of what you'll turn into will appear in your mind do not show fear or hesitate

This wont be easy...