Chapter 42

Sorry about switching perspectives so much and so much dialogue! What do you guys prefer lots of dialogue like this chapter or it more broken up with descriptions and inner monologues? As usual leave your comments down below!
Hayley's pov

Dear Cub

How is your fifth year going? I can't believe you are almost 15!
I can't wait to see you for you birthday this weekend!
Your parents would be so proud of the young woman you became,
-Moony

"How are you going to hide the scars this weekend?" George said reading the letter over my shoulder

"I'll think of something," I smiled at him.

I threw my book bag over my shoulder and we made our way out of the tower, I headed straight for potions class. I entered the room waved to Sev before taking a seat next at the front of the room. I stink at potions but it was still my favourite class, the other students filled in. We began brewing a poly juice potion. Occasionally Sev hovered over my cauldron if I was doing something right he'd send me a small smile if not he'd point to the step on the instructions I'd made an error. The class was practically silent until a Mconagall burst in telling Severus he had to come. He swiftly followed after her the class trailing behind.

Umbridge was firing Sybil and trying to banish her from the grounds. I moved to forward to her defence, Sev placed an arm in front of me.

"No," he said his eyes remained trained on the scene unfolding before us.

"She can't banish Sybil can she?" I asked barely above a whisper,

"No," he drawled,

"Take Sybil back inside," Dumbledore announced loudly

Umbridge and Dumbledore had a small argument regarding who can do what before Umbridge stormed off swiftly followed by Dumbledore storming off himself. We all filed back into our classroom, Sev stood by my desk as he explained the potion to the class.

Severus's pov

I looked over my students faces, it was a boiling bot of emotions, fear, confusion, anger, sadness. I glanced down at my daughter she seemed focused on her potion. She picked up a bezoar and moved to drop it into the potion. I swiftly flicked my wand vanishing the bezoar, she looked up at me confused.

"A bezoar at this stage would cause a minor explosion Miss Snape," I had to suppress the smile at calling her that. I flicked my wand and words appeared in my neat handwriting in the margins of her notes.

Be careful Lion, I don't want anything happening to you

Hayley's pov

Soon it was the weekend I was thrilled to be away from the nightmare hogwarts had become, I sat at the dinner table. Sev at my side, Remus bringing over a cake. Sirius would be joining us later much to Sev's dismay, I had to admit I was quite shocked Sirius wanted to come see me on my birthday. My eyes looked between my two guardians, despite everything going on at hogwarts. I'd never been this happy before. I had a dad.

"Hey dad?" Sev looked down at me with a small smile,

"Yes Lion?"

"I love you," he chuckled,

"I love you too Lion," he said placing his arm across the back of my chair

Severus's pov

I smiled as I watched my daughter blow out her birthday candles. I love our little family. Lily I know you'd be proud of this girl. Hogwarts has been a struggle for her the past few months. she cut a piece of cake and passed it to me I chuckled. My heart swelled as she took a piece for herself it had only been a little over a year ago she would only eat little bits and I'd have to remind her. Hayley was growing. With a flick of my wand two wrapped gifts floated into the room one from me and one from Lupin. Hayley looked up at me with wide eyes.