Epilogue

This is it. Before I write this I would like to say thank you all for reading. The community that has surrounded this book is amazing. I never thought it would get such a warm reaction. I will still be responding to comments on this book so please let me know what you think and what your favourite parts were. Thank you all for making me a better writer. I truly wish everyone the best.
Hayley's pov

"Its Ron and Ginny's kids start Hogwarts today," George hummed handing me a cup of coffee,

I looked at George over the top of the morning paper. I folded the paper placing it in front of me. I took the cup from him. He turned back to the stove and continued to fry the bacon.

"Hopefully none of them have inherited their fathers potions abilities," I snorted taking a sip of the coffee. "Or their uncles pranking skills,"

"If I remember correctly you participated in a fair few pranks yourself Hayls," George pointed out,

The floo roared to life. Remus stepped out of the fireplace. Putting down my coffee I made my way over to my godfather. I pulled him into a tight hug. He cradled my head gently and pressed a kiss to my crown.

"Morning Moony,"

"Is that bacon I smell?" Remus chuckled pulling away,

"Yes it is want some?" George asked offering Remus a plate,

Taking the plate Remus sat down at the bench. I moved to sit beside him. George handed us our plates before taking the chair next to me. I wolfed down the bacon. I hadn't realised quite how hungry I was.

"So Professor Snape have you decided what you will be teaching," Remus asked nudging me,

"Well Professor Lupin I believe I will be teaching Potions,"

Remus dropped his fork and turned to look at me misty eyed. Tentatively Remus wrapped me in another hug. He whispered something I couldn't quite make out. Pulling away he reached into his pocket and handed George five sickles. George laughed pocketing the money. I furrowed my brow glancing between the two men.

"He bet that you would picket Charms, I said Potions," George explained,

"Either way I am so proud of you Cub and so would Severus. He would've been over the moon," Remus said,

"Thank you Remus,"

Remus's Pov

Severus your daughter has grown into a beautiful young woman. I'd say she's like Lily but I'm not sure thats true anymore. She is definitely a Snape.

Hayley's pov

"Ready to go Remus? The first years will be arriving later and I have got to move into the Dungeons," I said excitement creeping into my voice,

Remus nodded, I gave George a kiss goodbye and headed over to the Fireplace. Muttering Hogwarts Dungeons I threw down the dust. I stepped out of the fireplace into what was once Severus's office. The headmistress had been kind enough to let me take over his office and quarters. Memories danced around the room like ghosts. I saw Sev and I sitting at his desk. Me on the couch. Severus ordering dinner. Helping me with Potions homework.

The floo roared to life behind me. Remus stepped out, He placed a hand on my shoulder. Waving his wand he summoned my luggage and began to move it into Sev- my chambers. I wandered over to the desk. I sat down in Severus's chair. I sucked in a breath. It was strange being in his chair. I hadn't seen this room since He was alive. I could never bring myself to step foot in here again. I opened the top draw and was shocked to see an envelope addressed to me. I had not prior knowledge of this being in here. Tentatively I picked up the letter. My name was written in Severus's neat handwriting. I turned it over and carefully opened it.

My dearest Hayley

If you are reading either you are snooping in which case I suggest you stop right now before I found you. If this is not the case then the worst has come to pass. I am sorry I had to leave you like this. From the moment you and I first spoke I have known that you would grow into a wonderful person. Seeing you grow up has been an absolute privilege. You made my life mean something and for that I am grateful. Know however my death happened in no way was it your fault. You could've been the one to cast the spell and it is still not your fault. I promise you that.

I wrote this when you were sixteen. So I'm sure much has changed and by now you know I killed Albus. I'm sorry for any pain this caused you and I hope you are able to forgive me. This was not the path I wanted in life but it is the one I am on. Neither you nor I can change that now. Just know I always love you.

Spinners end is yours Lion. I hope once you are of age you will return to it. It has been in our family for quite some time and I'd hate for it to go to waste. Everything I have is yours. Though I'm sure when the will is read you will know this. Remus has promised to care for you as he did when he agreed to be your godfather. He is a good man but be sure to give him as much trouble as you gave me Lion.

In your life there will be challenges and I want you to know that despite this. You will overcome it because you are stronger and wiser then you know. Whenever you doubt this I want you to come back to this letter and know your dad believes in you. I believe in you Hayley Snape. I know you will accomplish whatever you set your mind too. Failure happens but as long as you learned one thing then it wasn't a failure. That lesson can be as small as "Don't do this" or "I have alot to learn" those are successes.

I love you Lion and I always will. I promise I will always be with you. Watching over you constantly may be the only benefit of being dead.

Also I suggest visiting the headmaster's office.

You will see me again,
Love,
Your Dad

Tears dropped onto the parchment. I wiped my cheeks. The head masters office? Gently I folded the letter sliding back into the envelope and put it back in my desk. Standing up I called out the Remus.

"I'll be back!"

"Ok be safe love you!" Remus called back,

Taking a deep breath I exited my office and walked down the empty corridors. Memories haunted me with every step. Severus guiding me down to the dungeons. Him smiling down at me. I came to a stop in front of the stairwell that led up to the headmistresses office. Muttering the password I walked up the spiral stairs. I stood in the doorway staring into the office. Taking a deep breath I stepped into the room.

"You came? I was beginning to think you never would," a voice drawled,

My heart stopped. That voice. I haven't heard that voice since... I slowly turn around. Smiling down at me was a Portrait of Severus Snape.