Chapter 68

I can't believe this book has 50k reads thank you everyone so much!
Hayley's pov

"Remus? Can you help me zip up the dress!" I called down the hall. After a moment the I could hear the sound of heavy footsteps.

"Of course cub," he hummed carefully zipping up the dress.

"You look beautiful," Said a new voice,

I turned towards the door. George was in his suit leaning against the door frame smiling at me. heat rose up my cheeks as I murmured a thank you. I ran my hands over my dress smoothing the fabric.

"I think its time to rejoin the other adults," Remus said clearing his throat.

Once he had ducked out of the room george slowly approached me. I swallowed thickly, His head was still wrapped in a bandage. He had almost died that night. They all had. George seemed unfazed by his lack of an ear he cracked jokes about it all the time.

"Fancy a glass of water?"

I nodded and we drifted downstairs. Entering the kitchen we were met by quite the sight. My hand flew to my mouth to stifle the giggle that was threatening to break free. Harry Potter was kissing Ginny Weasley in her families kitchen. I'd noticed him pining for her but I had no idea she liked him back. He poured two glasses of water and handed one to me. George and I shared a glance. Ginny opened her eyes looking over at us and immediately pulled away.

"Morning," George said with a smirk,

Ginny quickly fled the room. Harry stood there silent just staring at George. Panic clearly written on his features. He stumbled backwards darting out of the room. Arthur called for everyone to come help set up the tent. George and I wandered outside taking our places at the far end of the tent. Arthur counted us down and we all levitated the tent. The legs clicked into place, I lowered my wand releasing the spell. George turned looking out into the field, the others did as well. Following their gaze I was met with the sight of the Minister of Magic striding up the pathway.

"What's he doing here?" I asked leaning towards George,

"No idea,"

Up beat music filled the burrow as the sun set. Guests were celebrating like it was their last night alive. For some it may. Remus and other order members were patrolling the border around the tent. Luckily the clear threat didn't damper Fleur and Bill's day. The ceremony had been beautiful. The reception is as well and most importantly both seemed to being going uninterrupted. I stood in the corner watching everyone dance. It reminded me of the yule ball. That is where Fleur and Bill had met so maybe that was intentional. but nevertheless memories from that night flooded my mind. Dancing with George and Dancing with... Severus.

Bill led Fleur onto the dance floor and the pair began to twirl around. Everyone clapped in time with the beat. I joined in a smile ghosting my lips. Luna Lovegood and an older man who I assumed was her father began dancing as well. Soon many others joined the bride and groom on the dance floor. George walked over to me and bowed dramatically holding out his hand.

"My lady would you do me the honours of dancing with me?" He spoke with such bravado that it caused a cascade of giggles to tumble from my chest.

"Of course kind sir-"

Suddenly all the lights went out a blue orb landed in the centre of the room. George straightened up and stood close to me. Everyone fell silent.

"They are coming, they are coming,"

a voice echoed from the orb before vanishing. Voices began overlapping each other as panic set in. Some began to apparate. Screams echoed throughout the tent as part of the tent was set ablaze. George and I shared a terrified glance both frozen unsure of what to do. A scream ripped from my throat as deatheaters entered the tent. They slung curses, Guests hit the floor. I fumbled with my wand.

"O-Obscuro! ConFrin-Confringo!" I stammered hitting one of the deatheater's

"We have to move!" George mumbled,

We darted into the crowd firing spells and counter's. George and I practically stood back to back. I cast every hex, jinx or spell I knew. The deatheater's were quick. So many people fell around us. I couldn't see harry or fred or Remus. I prayed they were alive. George snapped his arm out beside me. A curse rebounded. I hexed the deatheater who sent it.

"Crucio!"

My vision went white and I crumpled to the floor.

"Hayley! Bombarda!"

Was... was that george... oh merlin. Every nerve was ablaze with a horrific stabbing pain. Blood splattered onto my face. Whose was... merlin this hurts. I was vaguely aware of spells flying over my head. Forcing my eyes open. I was able to make out George standing over me. The pain suddenly released and I gasped. Air filled my lungs. I could feel a dull ache tingling in every corner of my body. George knelt down looking me over.

"Can you get up- Protego! Stupefy!" He shouted,

"I-I think,"

"Apparate to the store," George hissed,

"No no no Remus," I started staggering to my feet,

"Will want you safe," George said,

With a sigh I closed my eyes and apparated. The familiar feeling of being inside a vacuum overwhelmed me. My feet collided with the floor of George and Fred's office. George appeared beside me. We both collapsed onto the couch. It wasn't long before Fred appeared to. Be glanced at us and rubbed the back of his neck.

"It was a nice wedding," Fred said,

"Yeah it was," George replied,

"Yeah before we were almost killed," I added,

Silence fell over us. I stared into space. My mind lingered on Remus and Harry... where they safe? Were they among the dead? I glanced around the room at my two closest friends. We had gotten lucky. With the way things were going one or all of us would be dead by the end of this.

"What do we do now?" George asked barely above a whisper,

"You two have to go into hiding," I said bluntly,

"What about-" Fred started

"I need to return to Hogwarts and lead Dumbledore's Army,"