Chapter 46

Hayley's pov

"Bombarba maxima,"

"Get down!" I screamed as the wall exploded from the impact of Umbridges spell. Rubble flew around us, the slytherins pushed forward into the room requirement. They started roughly grabbing students. Draco stalked towards me, I threw my hands up.

"I'll go quietly," I snarled as much as a part of me wished the I could let the curse touch him.

He pointed his wand at me. We were guided to the great hall, the normally lively hall was dead. Paper and red quills lined each table. I sucked in a breath. This was going to hurt. We sat down at our house tables, words faded onto the page.
'I will not protect half breeds'
'I will not defy the ministry'
Umbridge is heels clacked against the floor as she moved to where Dumbledore used to stand.

"On the pages before you there are words, you will write them 100 times, chop chop," Umbridge giggled as she finished her words.

I picked up the quill taking a deep breath. The nib touched the page and the familiar stinging cut into my arm. Glancing down at my once healed scar, I watched a drop of blood trickle down from the first puncture mark. I'm sorry Severus, I'm sorry Remus.

98, 99, 100, tears dotted my eyes I gasped dropping the quill the pain was unbearable. Umbridge permitted us to leave. I dragged myself out of the hall, heading straight for the dungeons. Fatigue was making my body heavy. I slowly raised my hand slapped it against Sev's office door. The door swung open to Sev looked down at me, his eyes widened. It looked as if the air had been knocked from his lungs.

"Hayley? What- come in lay down now," he spoke quickly

Severus's pov

Her hair was disheveled, her robes were a mess and I could see blood dripping onto the floor. I quickly waved my wand summoning potions and clean clothes. She dragged herself into my chambers to get changed. Rearranging the blankets and pillows that lived on the couch in case she wished to sleep here. The sound of the door opening drew my attention. Hayley looked so pale and exhausted. She fell face first into the couch. My heart leapt to my throat when the sound of small sniffles reached my ears. Merlin what happened to her? I crunched down beside the couch. My mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water, uncertain of what to say and fearful of making it worse. The sniffles beca,e for frequent. My heart pounded louder and louder, Merlin what do I do? My daughter is crying... why wasn't I used to this yet? I can't believe this but I wish Lupin was here. Lily, help me... jokes. Jokes have worked before.

"Why was the death eater called to the office? He was... cursing," The sniffles were now accompanied by small sad giggles. A relieved smile tugged at the corners of my lips.

"What happened Lion?"

"Umbridge... the quill,"

I exhaled sharply, that woman. That toad used a dark magical object on my child again. She would pay. Another small sniffle drew my attention back to my injured daughter. I can't leave her alone. standing swiftly I pointed my wand at the fireplace and made a floo call.

"Severus?" Lupin asked,

"Come to my office now,"

A moment later the floo roared to life and a very tired Lupin stepped through. He looked at me then a sniffle caught his attention he turned his gaze to the couch. The man darted towards the couch falling to his knees before Hayley who was yet to remove her face from the cushions. A smirk spread across my face. Slytherins don't do revenge however we do get even. That woman hurt my child, I hurt her. I stalked towards the door.

"Severus what happened?" Lupin said as I opened the door exiting my office.

"Severus!" He called after me.

He would not have the heart to leave Hayley. So I knew I would go unfollowed. My mind was blank as I stalked towards the headmasters office. I was going to put an end to That woman. She hurt Hayley, my daughter, my CHILD. This will not be easily forgiven. The statue moved to reveal the stairs. With each step her voice became clearer. Screeching at the Portraits.

I stepped into her office and the first thing a saw was a pile of quills stacked nearing in the corner. Each one had an identical blood red feather. My lip curled in disgust at the horrid objects then I locked eyes with the horrid woman herself. She plastered a fake smile across her lips.

"Severus what do I owe-"

"You used Dark magic on my daughter!" I yelled. She appeared taken back but still held her composure.

"Miss Green-"

"Her name is Snape," I growled my tone dangerously low, I leaned closer to the woman.

Her overly sweet perfume was sickening much like her behaviour. She froze for a moment before continuing her hogwash. Everything about her repulsed me. I cannot fathom how this woman felt entitled enough to lay her power hungry brown nosing paws on my daughter. She wasn't worthy to be in the same room as Hayley.

"Miss Green was given detention much like most of her house-"

"I am only the father of one student, I will leave it up to the parents of the other students to address your equally deplorable treatment of their children," I drawled my voice low.

"Professor Snape I'd suggest you watch your tone-" once more I cut her off.

"I suggest you correct your behaviour before I get The Minister involved!"

"I think I may need to call the minister myself! Clearly that girl is in danger with you as her parent!" Dolores snapped.

My mind went blank, she was not suggesting Hayley be removed from my custody? Surely the woman wasn't so daft as to think that my daughter was in any kind of danger in my custody. She was the happiest and healthiest she had ever been. My momentary hesitation seemed to full Dolores who stood a little taller straightening her back.

"Perhaps I should recommend she be removed from your custody," she spoke.

"Dolores-" I growled, only she cut me off this time with a sickly sweet smile.

"Now I would hate to uproot a child's life however anymore outbursts from you or her may inspire me to act,"

I stepped back. I knew she had won this round. My anger was not diminished nor my disgust for Dolores however I did not doubt she would lie to get my child taken away. Hayley did not deserve to return to the orphanage or somewhere worse simply because I failed to control my temper. One day I will get that woman back for this threat.

Hayley's pov

"Cub what happened?" Remus asked gently

He sat on the floor leaning back against the couch. I sighed I suppose I'd have to tell him eventually or at least he would see the scar like last time. Pulling myself up to a sitting position I started to explain. The quills. The pain. The scars. A flood of apologies escaped my lips. A flood that was shushed by Remus. He let out a sigh of his own and ran a scarred hand down his face

"I'm sorry Cub, we should've protected you better then this. However this explains why your father stormed off," Remus said slowly offering me a small sad smile.

"Where do you think he went," I mumbled. A part of me already knew where my father had gone.

"Probably to kill Umbridge," Remus chuckled

"I would like a crack at that myself," he mumbled before accioing me a blanket. He also summoned a piece of wrapped chocolate.

"Eat up it'll make you feel better," Remus hummed