Chapter 57

I would really like to dedicate this chapter to @minji1321
Hayley's pov

Two dresses lay strewn on my bed. One was a floral print dress the other was all black with long sleeves. Which was more appropriate for slughorns party? I wondered what others would be wearing. I chewed the inside of my cheek staring at the dresses. Which one would George like? What was he wearing? Questions swirled around in my mind like a whirlpool. I need a second opinion, that's what I need.

"Sev!" I yelled.

The out of heavy footsteps echoed down the hallway. I glanced at my father as he stepped into the room, he raised an eyebrow moving to stand beside me.

"Which one?" I asked

"Excuse me?" Severus exclaimed,

"Which dress?" I said elaborating

Severus let out a snort. I often my gaze to lock eyes with him, raised his eyebrow at me. He searched my eyes before rolling his. Lazily he gestured to the all black one. With a nod I picked up the dress. Clearing his throat He turned on his heels and strode from the room. Once the door closed I threw the dress on quickly and clipped the necklace Remus had given me around my neck. I ran a brush through my hair. Turning to face the full length mirror in the corner of the room, I gazed at the girl staring back. Her green hair framed her features, the black dress made her look so grown. Hard to believe she was almost finished with Hogwarts.

I smiled and headed out of my room. My short black heels clicked against the hard wood floor. I rounded the corner, the living room was dead silent. Remus sat on the couch nose buried in a newspaper and my father was rearranging the bookshelves.

"Ahem,"

Both their heads turned towards me. I gave a little wave. Remus slowly rose to his feet and took tentative steps towards me. Sev seemed frozen in place.

"H-Hayley, you look beautiful," Remus said straightening his back,

my gaze fell to my shoes a small smile spread across my lips. Tears started to well in my godfathers eyes. his hands flopped by his sides, I guess this is one of the moments a hug would be customary. He smiled fondly at me but in a way he looked through me like he was seeing a ghost. I saw movement out of the corner of my eye, glancing over I watched Sev stride towards me. He had a proud smile on his features, he moved to stand beside my godfather.

"Lily had a similar dress," he drawled, Remus elbowed him shooting him a watery glare. Severus gave him a sideways glance before letting his gaze fall to me again.

"You look beautiful Lion," Severus hummed.

I opened my mouth to respond when a knock at the door cut me off. George. A grin spread across my face and I turned on my heels. I opened the door to reveal George leaning against the doorframe. He was dressed in a blue suit with no tie and With a rose in hand. He grinned at me bowing with a flourish. He stuck the rose out towards me. Chuckling I plucked it from his grip. It had no thorns and upon closer inspection the petals were made of small sparkles that reflected the light.

"New invention Glimmering Daisies!" George said pointing to the rose, I raised an eyebrow at him,

"But it's a rose-"

"Working title," George chuckled with a shrug,

"Mr Weasley," Sev's voice floated over my head.

Looking up I saw the stern face of my father. George cleared his throat opening and closing his mouth. slowly I turned to face Severus instead I was met with Both Severus and Remus. Both men's arms were folded, lips pulled into tight smiles. I fought the grimace that formed on my face.

"We should probably get-"

"Not so fast young lady, both of you living room," Severus drawled.

I shared a worried look with George before dragging myself into the living room. George sat on the couch, I was hesitant to follow his lead. A part of me believed if I sat this would become an interrogation really fast. They have no right to interrogate us when this wasn't a date.

Severus and Remus rounded the couch sitting in the armchairs adjacent from the couch. I remained standing, my resolve wavered when Sev's gaze fell on me. I Swallowed thickly, Remus gestured for me to sit. Quickly I dropped onto the couch my resolve shattered. George raised an eyebrow at me a sheepish smile was my response. Remus cleared his throat.

"A few ground rules before you leave," Remus began folding his hands in his lap.

"Yes, you are to stay within the confines of the party, you are not to drink in my child's presence, you are not to leave her alone," Severus continued nodding at Remus,

"And no intercour-"

"REMUS!" I exclaimed cutting Remus off.

My mouth hung open like a fish out of water. Had he really suggested. No we are not have this discussion! I leapt up, frantically I waved to George who tentatively rose to his feet. Heat rose up my neck and settled in my cheeks. Once George stood beside me along with my face was the colour of a beet I loudly addressed my father and godfather.

"We are leaving!" I exclaimed,

"Hayley-"

"No nope, George Floo now,"

I gestured frantically to the floo. George looked at me wide eyed, he glanced at my father before practically sprinting towards the fireplace. Mumbling a few words The floo roared to life and he was gone. I quickly moved to follow George to the fireplace.

"Hayley wait,"

Severus's voice stopped me, I slowly turned towards him. His face wasn't stern but concerned.

"Be safe,"

I nodded at him offering him a smile before mumbling the incantation and flooing to hogwarts.