Chapter 18

A/N BE prepared for angst! comment your opinions down below!

Hayley's pov

By some miracle the flying car found us, we drove through the forest screaming. Ron tried desperately to get us into the air but nothing worked. I let out a scream as a spider bounced off the hood of the car. Another took the door off. I scooted to the other side of the seat away from the open door. Finally Ron pulled a lever and we shakily took off leaving the spiders far behind. We crashed into the ground by Hagrid's house.

"Follow the spiders!" Ron snorted.

"Hagrid never opened the chamber of secrets..." Harry breathed out,

"What in Merlin's name! Is the chamber of secrets?! Harry Potter I swear you better start talking!" I screamed.

"I'll explain on the way back," Harry sighed dragging himself out of the car.

we headed back into the castle Harry explained everything. The basilisk, the spiders, the chamber, hagrid everything. Of course I first a giant three headed dog and now a giant snake. We intended to inform Dumbledore when we heard McGonagall's announcement about students going to their dorms and staff to the second floor we shared a look and without thinking we rushed towards the second floor. Because we obviously haven't had our lives in danger enough tonight. We hid behind a wall peaking around the corner. I saw Professor Snape in the group of professors. Behind them was more writing in blood.

"our worst fears have been realised," Mcgonagall said,

"the heir has taken a student into the chamber," she finished,

"who?" Severus drawled,

"Ginny Weasley,"

We shared another look. Ron looked like he was going to puke. I felt like I was going to puke. the sound of heavy footsteps echoed down the hall as Lockhart joined the group a smug smile adorned his features. I saw Severus roll his eyes, a smirk spread across Severus's face.

"it appears your time has come Gilderoy," Severus spoke,

"W-What do you mean?" Gilderoy stammered,

"Weren't you saying yesterday you knew where the entrance to the chamber was?" Severus elaborated,

Ron was hyperventilating and Harry was trying to calm him. I felt like the world was spinning. This was unbelievable. Ginny? It's her first year. She's eleven. Hell we are only twelve. What's happening?

"We need to go tell Lockhart what we know," Harry whispered,

"I'll go get Professor Snape-"

"No! that git won't help!" Ron wheezed,

"Ron's right let's go get Lockhart,"

I sighed and followed Harry and Ron to the DADA room. Lockhart was throwing stuff into bags and quickly.

"Your leaving?" Ron gaped,

Lockhart was packing? he was packing? he's leaving? leaving? your kidding me! he is leaving Colin, Justin and Hermione?! Ginny?! I pulled out my wand Harry and Ron followed my lead silencing Lockhart's excuses. I saw red.

"You will help us defeat this, we will save Ginny and the others!" I snapped grabbing him by the collar despite my rage I was careful not to touch his him just his clothes. Though I'm sure it wouldn't be a lose if I slipped.

I dragged him out of the room towards the bathroom moaning myrtles bathroom. Harry opened the chamber and he pushed Lockhart into the chamber. Lockhart called back up that it was safe in a defeated voice. we jumped down after him. suddenly an arm flew around ron and roughly snatched his broken wand. Lockhart pointed it at us. he began to monologue I trained my eyes on his mouth preparing to try and disarm him if he tried anything.

"you see I'm quite gifted with memory charms, Obliviate!" Lockhart yelled my eyes widened,

"expelliarmus!" I yelled

red light shot out from my wand as it collided with Lockhart so did the obliviate spell from Ron's wand. he flew back into the wall, hard. a shockwave shook the wall, CRACK. my vision went black.

Severus's pov

"Severus, Severus,"

Albus's voice was fading in and out. Hayley was in the chamber, she was in the chamber with the monster and whoever released it. my daughter was in the chamber, she is twelve, only twelve. my stomach twisted painfully as i tried to comprehend the information. I heard my voice asking a question.

"Where?"

"Fawks has found it the faculty are preparing to enter the chamber,"

"I'm going," I steadied myself, I didn't need to wonder what Lily would want or what I should do, I knew what I had to do. I had to save my daughter.

"Severus are you sure?" anger flashed in my eyes,

"that is my daughter, I'm going,"

"she isn-"

"ALBUS HER REAL FATHER IS GONE!" I bellowed,

I had had enough of him saying I wasn't her father. Potter was dead, I am going to adopt her next year. my plan was to spend the holidays preparing a room for her at spinners end but she needed to survive for that. I was going to make sure she would survive. I was not going to lose her. I stormed out to join my colleagues. we headed to the second-floor bathroom, the chamber had already been opened the sinks were the entrance. we jumped into the cavern. the sight before made my heart stop. a green-headed girl collapsed on the ground with Ron trying to talk to a delusional Lockhart. in three strides I was at Hayley's side. my heart ached with unimaginable agony. she was unconscious, I levitated her limp frame and guided it out of the cavern as the others worked on helping Ron Ginny Harry and Lockhart. she was all I could focus on the way her body was motionless, her usually happy face relaxed, her wand had fallen from her grip and I now grasped it in my own. once in the hospital wing I lowered her into her bed, I pulled a blanket over her and transfigured her uniform into a tee-shirt and tracksuit pants. I took my place at her bedside in a chair. I had no plans of leaving my daughter.