Chapter 11

Comment your thoughts on this chapter :)
Severus Snape's pov

I searched through my cupboard dressing myself in my usual robes. I vaguely remembered the night before Hayley had visited me right? I gave her a draught of peace. I opened my office doors to reveal a sleeping green haired eleven year old on my couch. A small smile crept onto my face she was so peaceful the draught must've worked, it was 7:34am she should get back to her dorm room. My hand reached out to shake her shoulder. Quickly remembering I withdrew and instead chose to speak to her.

"Miss Green?" She stirred slightly I flicked my wand summoning a cup of coffee I placed it beside her she stirred her eyes flitting open.

"Prof-Professor?" She mumbled blinking a few times.

"You should be getting back to your dorm," I said gently her eyes widened. She jumped up and began to head towards the door.

"Miss Green," I called after her she turned looking at me

"Feel free to come to me whenever you need anything," I spoke, she smiled nodding.

Hayley's pov

I practically ran to my dorm room a smile on my face. I don't know why I was so happy or giddy, I don't know but that was nice. I've never had someone to go to before perhaps I could stay here over Christmas. Mentally reminding myself to thank Snape in the next class. He seemed so sweet beneath that hardened exterior. Entering the common room Fred and a George were already on the couch. Fred turned his head towards me when I opened the door. His jaw dropped. He launched himself off the couch.

"Green, where were you we've been waiting ages," Fred said dramatically throwing his hand against his forehead.

"Fred it's been like ten minutes," George laughed standing up.

"Breakfast time boys," I said holding the door open.

Fred and George exited the common room and we walked down to the great hall. Most gryffindors were already there so few seats were available. However there was a spot beside Harry and his friends. Fred and George sat down first, I plopped down in between them. We began filling our plates. I grabbed two pieces of toast.

"Miss Green select more then just toast," Snapes voice drawled from behind me

I turned smiling at him nodding I filled my plate with bacon and sausage. We chatted about point less things, mainly their newest prank ideas. Harry was talking quite loudly. He began to explain how he was going to break into the third floor and steal something called the philosophers stone. I chocked on my food. I whirled around to face him.

"Harry that's insane!" I snapped he rolled his eyes at me.

"You were eavesdropping," he mumbled,

"I'm glad I was that is a ridiculous plan. You'll be killed!" I snapped

"We're going to be killed!" I hissed as we snuck up the last set of stairs

Harry shushed me as Hermione mumbled Alohamora to unlock the door. My heart leapt into  my throat as my gaze fell on the gigantic three headed dog.

"It's asleep!" Ron whispered,

"Look!" Hermione pointed to the harp playing softly by its ear.

Harry was the first to take a step into the room, we followed behind him moving as silently as possible. Harry lifted up the hatch by its paw. He jumped down first, followed by Ron then Hermione. Just as I moved to jump down the harp stopped playing slowly I looked up to see the three headed dog glaring at me. It suddenly slammed its paw down narrowly missing me but it slammed the hatch shut.

"Hayley!" Harry Ron and Hermione yelled in unison.

"I've got this keep moving!" I yelled back. I do not have this. I'm going to die.

Shakily raising my wand aiming it at the snarling beast. I tried swallowing the lump in my throat. Slowly my feet carried me to the edge of the room. My back pressed against the wall. The hatch was my escape only problem was the dog. A million plans rushed through my head. Incendio. Fire! That could work! I doubt it! But I have no other viable options!

"Incendio! Incendio! Incendio!" I repeated casting spurts of fire at the mutt. It let out a whine and started backing up! It's working! Every time I said the incantion I edged closer to the hatch I was practically on top of it now!

"Incendio!" I yelled one more time opening up Hatch flinging myself into it.

I let out a scream. As black wrangling vines wrapped around me. They tightened their grip with every struggle. I survived the dog only to die by a plant! Why Merlin! I'm going to die. I'm dead. Dead. I'm so-

"Lumos!" A deep voice yelled the vines retracted and I fell onto the dirt floor below me. I staggered to my feet, I looked through the darkness to see Professor Snape he had a snarl still on his lips from when he cast the incantation. He turned his attention to me.

"Hayley are you alright?"

"Yes Professor but Harry he is-"

"I know, return to your dorm," I glared at him I felt my face get hot

"My brothers in danger, I'm going," he glared back at me but his gaze wasn't as harsh as it would've been with Harry.

"Let me protect you, I won't let you be in harms way," he snapped

I ignored him and sped forward through the door. It was a room with keys on the floor with an open door on the other side. I sprinted through it I heard Snapes heavy footsteps behind me calling after me. He almost seemed to be begging me until I encountered a wall of fire forcing me to suddenly stop, I stumbled to a halt. Professor Snape finally caught up.

"Hayley what were you thinking?" I ignored his words

"What is this?"

"We cannot pass through it we must wait for Dumbledore," Snape explained sitting in a chair.

I paced back and forth, he just observed me for a while. What felt like years past until Dumbledore arrived. He parted the flames Snape followed him ordering me to stay behind. I continued to paced until they brought a limp lifeless Harry out, My hand covered my mouth? I let out a small gasp that was When Snapes attention turned towards me. he guided me out of the chamber and to madame pomfrey. I sat on the bed beside an unconscious Harry's. What had happened down there?

"Hayley go to sleep,"

"But Harry-"

"My office is closer then your Lions tower go sleep there,"

he nodded at me as I left I could've sworn I heard him mutter something about a daughter. Does Snape have a daughter? Who is she? A student? He mumbled the name Lily? Is that her name? It's a pretty name.