Chapter 48

Hayley's pov

The large pendulum swing back and forth, back and forth. Umbridge stood at the head of the room overlooking the students. Quills scratched against parchment paper. However I truly could not wait, our prank was about to start. The twins and I had stayed up for hours preparing the fireworks. One final large display. However George had insisted I have no traceable part in it since I was not dropping out so Umbridge could still use the quill on me. He was right it was safest if I didn't participate in the execution. BANG. Show time.

The doors flung open and fireworks lit up the room and in flew Fred followed by George. Both threw fireworks everywhere. The room was full of colour and light a welcome change. To the dull grey atmosphere that had practically been drowning us before. BANG another firework exploded above my head. WOOSH ever exam in the room exploded in a colour display of sparks. A laughter began erupt from the students. Fred and George smirked throwing up the final big flare. This one was my idea. BOOM a dragon head made of red and blue sparks appeared over our heads. Umbridge went pale and started stumbling backwards. That's when an evil idea jumped into my mind. Very subtly I flicked my wand, the dragon glowed turning to face Umbridge. Fred and George shared a look before both locking eyes with me. George gave me an incredulous look. I smirked flicking my wand again. The dragon roared and began chasing Umbridge out of the hall. It's large jaws closed around Umbridge exploding little sparks shot out bursting when they touched each "decree". The fire died down and with a mightily crash the decrees came crumbling down.

It seemed like something snapped among the students and they leapt up and sprinted out to the court yard. I sprinted with them. Laughter fell from my lips as I watched my best friends fly into the sky. BANG the final firework a giant 'W'. The students were screaming and cheering.

"WEASLEY WIZARDING WHEEZES!" I called after them. George turned smiling he had something small in the palm of his hand. He blew on it and it floated through the air towards me. As it got closer it's shape be me cleaner. A small crane. I held my palm out, the small paper Crane flitted into my palm it had a bracelet wrapped around its neck. Upon removing the bracelet the crane unravelled. George's messy scrawl lined the paper.

Hayley,

I'm sorry to leave you like this.
I hope this bracelet makes up for it,
The charm is a locket,
The photo inside is a new kind of port key,
A Weasley invention,
Use it and it'll bring you to us,
Not matter where any of us are, it'll find us.

-your favourite Weasley twin

A smile tugged at the corner of my lips. I slipped the bracelet onto my wrist. George and Fred flew off cheering as they did. Hogwarts was different now, there seemed to be a twin shaped whole in the school.

"Hayley!" Ron yelled.

I turned Harry was on the ground, Hermione was pulling him to his feet. She helped a stumbling harry through the crowd. What had happened. I hurriedly darted around the crowd of students careful not to brush against any of them. Harry was already taking when I joined the trio. He lead us into hogwarts and up the steps. He rambled about prophecies and the ministry.

"He has him! Sirius! Voldemort," he exclaimed, Sirius... he had been captured?

"How do you know?" Ron asked.

"Voldemort showed me," Harry rambled Hermione grabbed his shoulder stopping him.

"How do you know it's real," she asked, that was a good point. Voldemort could manipulate memories but... it's Sirius what if it is true.

"I have to go Hermione! He is the only family I have," That stung but right now we must focus on Sirius.

"The floo network, we can floo there," I exclaimed.

"Umbridge would be the only untracked one," Ron added.

With that we sped off. My heart was pounding. We're we really going to do this? Fight Voldemort? Severus would kill me if he knew. Remus would kill me if he knew. Closing my eyes I allowed myself one deep breath. I would need every ounce of Gryffindor courage I had. Hermione cracked the lock to Umbridge office. The cat plates meowed when they saw us, luckily the toad wasn't home. We snuck over to the floo and crouched down, harry and Hermione began having a small whisper conversation. A rustle from behind us caught my attention I turned to come face to face with end of a wand, Umbridge wand. Everything moved so fast harry was thrown into a chair Neville, Ginny and Luna were dragged into the room by some slytherins. I had a wand pressed against my throat.

Severus walked into the room. I let out a sigh of relief, he was going to save me. I was going to be saved. I felt a twinge in my heart. I couldn't leave. I needed to be strong and stay with my friends. We are Dumbledore's Army, the new order. I will not be afraid. I'm sorry dad. Severus looked emotionless but I could see the fear in his eyes. He denied having truth potion his eyes never leaving mine. Harry violently turned his head to Severus.

"He has padfoot at the place where it's kept," Harry stammered.

"What does that mean?" Umbridge huffed,

"I have no idea..." Severus said he hesitantly left. I knew he'd have to now and I was ok with that.

Umbridge rounded on harry again threatening the cruciartous curse. This time Hermione saved the day. she led Umbridge way leaving neville Ginny Luna and myself in the hands of the slytherins. I smirked my turn to play hero I turned to Draco giving him a wide eyed doe like expression.

"I'm hungry could you get me some candy from my trunk? It's in a green box," He smirked at me agreeing.

He strutted off to collect the lollies. Although they weren't lollies but a Weasley invention, puking pastils... Draco returned passing the lollies to his friends. After downing a few their skin began turning a sickly green and they began puking. Allowing us to escape. We sprinted towards the bridge. adrenaline was pumping through my veins. I could see the trio running towards us.

Severus's pov

My mind was racing as I sent my patronous to the order. I couldn't get the look on my daughters face out of my mind. She wasn't scared, she looked defiant, like her mother. That chilled me to my bones because I do not know where she is but I know where she is going. Towards Lord Voldemort. I took the floo to Grimmauld place. The first thing I noticed was Sirius Black safe and sound sitting across from Remus. Meaning my daughter was running to her death. The dark lord had set a trap, it had worked. I wouldn't be able to follow her... my cover would be blown... the war would be lost so much quicker without the intel I provide... she would be in even greater danger. My heart sank. I was helpless. Remus approached me slowly.

"Severus what's wrong? Is Hayley ok," Remus asked, I locked eyes with him.

"No, she is running to her death alongside other teenage dunderheads,"

Hayley's pov

Lucius stalked towards harry he held his hand out for the prophecy. The other death eaters started to close in. Harry was struggling to make a choice. I could see his conflicted behaviour. So I decided to make the choice.

"Stupify!" I yelled firing the spell at the masked death eater in front of me.

"Stupify!" The rest of the army yelled quickly.

We started running down the corridors. Soon we all got separated, I was alone. I could hear yelling and explosions in the distance. My feet were killing me. A deep rumbling sounded behind me I glanced over my shoulder, the crystals. They were falling. Keep runnIng. Just keep running. The rumbling got closer and closer. The corridor was coming to an end, I'd be safe once I cleared it. The rumbling sped up. I had one chance, I dove forward crashed into the ground, dropping my wand. I had cleared the corridor. I let out a sigh. I was not given a moment to rest as that of course was the moment a death eater appeared behind me. My eyes darted around looking for my wand in the dark. It had slid across the floor. What the hell was I meant to do now? The death eater stalked towards me. His wand pointed at me. A curse on his lips. My eyes closed tightly. I'm going to die. I'm sorry dad. I'm sorry Remus. I'm sorry George. I braced. The curse never came. Peaking out from behind my eye lids i saw the death eater was now disarmed.

"Not my daughter!" Remus growled

"Reductio!" He yelled.