Chapter 61

Hayley's pov

Hey cub
I can't wait to see you this holidays,
Look I know you musn't be to pleased with
Severus or myself but please try to understand
We love you and want whats best for you
Severus mentioned it has been a few days since
You spoke with him.
Dont isolate yourself cub
Moony

I let out a deep long sigh as I read the letter. In my heart I knew that Sev and Remus were trying to protect me. I knew Sev had a dangerous role to play in the war. A role that could put me in more danger then I probably was already in but I want to be with my dad. In our house. A nagging feeling in my chest seemed to think Talking to my father would be the best course of action.

The hallways were cold and empty. Hiding in the shadows I made my way to my fathers quarters. I reached the door unseen, glancing around I knocked on the wood of the door. After a moment it opened to reveal my father, his face softened upon seeing me. He gestured for me to enter. We sat on the couch together without making eye contact I began to speak.

"Im sorry I was upset with you, I just don't want to lose you and-"

"Lion you will never lose me," he said cutting me off, his hand hovered by my cheek guiding me to look up at him.

"Your my daughter, its my job to protect you until my dying breath," he continued,

Severus's pov

Tears filled Hayley's eyes, merlin I've been making her do that a-lot lately. a familiar panic filled me as I watched a teat fall onto her cheek. Jokes... jokes usually work.

"How much does it cost to go to the Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw game... a quid each," I said cringing as the words left my mouth

I breathed a slight sigh of relief as she started laughing a watery laugh. it was good to see her again. The past few days had been hell, knowing she was avoiding me, wondering if she hated me. I can't lose her. Shaking my head I banished thoughts of the previous days right now I needed to get my daughter to bed. I accioed a pillow and blankets passing the pillow to her. She smiled at me and laid down her head on the pillow. With a flourish I tucked her in for a moment wondering if she thought she was too old of this. Of course not, i reminded myself. she will never be to old for me to care for her and she knows that.

"Goodnight Dad," she mumbled sleepily,

"Goodnight Lion,"

Hayley's pov

It was good having made up with Dad, the past three days had been hell. Guilt had made me feel ill and the feeling of being rejected only made it worse. Unfortunately today was the end of term which means I will be going to Remus's home for two weeks. Without Sev. I'm still not fond of this idea as much as I adore Remus he isn't Sev.

I closed my trunk dragging it out of the common room and down to Sev's office. He was letting me floo to Remus's house. He gave me a sad smile when I entered his office.

"You have everything?" I nodded,

"You know I love you?" i nodded again chewing the inside of my cheek willing the tears away,

"Are you sure I can't go to spinners end?" I asked hopeful.

"No Lion, Im sorry," Sev said softly, I sighed

"Alright so I guess see you soon?" I spoke looking up at him,

"Of course,"

I stepped into the floo and mumbled Remus's address. As the green flames engulfed me the last thing I saw was Sev waving. I stumbled out of the floo Remus greeted me with a smile. He levitated my trunk up the stairs and immediately began giving me a tour. His home was smaller then spinners end, it was cozy. Bookshelves lined the walls, the furniture looked old and a shaggy carpet covered most of the floor.

"I think you may like it here cub, theres a forest nearby and a library oh and a really delightful cafe," Remus spoke cheerfully, I was sure I'd like it here. It seemed very nice however I felt a twinge of emptiness in my chest.

"Down theres the basement never go down there,"

Remus pointed to a metal door hidden beside a bookshelf. He then led me upstairs and pointed out a few more rooms.

"Thats my room, your welcome any time, thats the study and this... is your room," he opened the door to reveal a beautifully decorated room. The walls were maroon with silver trimmings. The bed was made with big fuzzy blankets and photos of me him and Sev lined the walls. I saw a cabinet full of books on charms and potions. There was a desk with notepads and pens.

"Moony... this is great... thankyou," I said softly

"I'll let you get settled," he hummed closing the door behind him.

I glanced around the room... what was meant to be my room. Tears began to well in my eyes and I Crumbled to the floor sobs raked my body a feeling of loneliness and emptiness settled in my chest. I didnt know when id see Sev again. A small part of me still strongly believed he wouldn't miss me but merlin do I miss him. Tears dropped onto the carpet as I cried.

Severus's pov

I stepped out of the Floo into my empty house. It seemed strangely quiet... no humming, rustling, no Hayley. I slowly walked towards her room and stood in the door frame. It was the same as she had left it. Tears threatened to spill as I thought about her not returning to this room and I no longer had the will to fight them. I crumpled onto the floor Tears dropping onto my cheeks before falling to the carpet.