Chapter 62

Hey Guys I have finished the rewrites there are new scenes for you to discover and I have now added a Yule Ball scene in chapter 38! Go let me know what you think!

Hayley's pov

The burrow was bustling with people, almost the entire order was here. All the Weasleys seemed to be. Much to my dismay Sev wasn't here. I was sat beside Remus eating some kind of small pie that George had handed me. Remus and Harry were deep in conversation about Harry's concerns over Draco and my fathers loyalties.

"Voldemort has given Draco Malfoy a mission?" Remus repeated with a sigh,

"I know it sounds crazy," Harry said,

"Have you considered Snape was only pretending to help so he could find out what he was up to?" My godfather countered clearly not buying into my father being a true deatheater. That I was grateful for. Harry let out a sigh saying how that wasn't what it had sounded like. Sirius's cousin Tonks jumped in.

"Maybe Harry's right... to make an unbreakable vow," She trailed off

"This comes down to whether or not you trust Dumbledore's judgment, Dumbledore trusts snape therefore I do," Remus continued talking louder and firmer with each word that passed his lips.

"Dumbledore can make mistakes-"

"Your blinded by hatred," Remus snapped cutting Harry off,

"Im not!" Harry retorted,

"Yes you are, people are disappearing Harry, Daily. We can only place our trust in a handful of people if we start fighting we are doomed," Remus said

He leaned back in his seat. Tonks stood up and walked off, I bit the inside of my cheek. The tension was palpable. I took another bite of the pie causing the berry filling to fall onto my shirt. Remus absentmindedly flicked his wand vanishing the mess without looking at me. He stood up abruptly and strode off. Ginny sat down beside Harry... this seems to be my cue to leave. Arthur stood up as well. I walked over to Were my god father was standing by door. He was leaning against the door frame looking wistfully out at the night sky. He glanced down at me as I stood beside him.

"Your Father is not a deatheater not really," Remus spoke his voice much softer then it had been earlier,

"I know,"

"I trust him with the most precious thing in my life... you,"

I glanced up at him, he looked so sad. The weight of everything was clearly weighing on him. I didn't know what to say to a man who fought and lived through one war. A man who was about to do it again. Nothing seemed important enough or grand enough or helpful.

"Your father and I love you very much,"

"I love you guys too,"

"Lily and James did as well..."

His words trailed off. Suddenly in flurry of movement he was crouching down to look me in the eyes. His head a look of desperation. He opened his mouth but no words came out. Slowly he raised his arms so his hands hovered by my shoulders. He gazed at me, it felt like he was looking inside of my soul. He looked as if he was reliving a memory and trying to force a new one all at once. He studied my face as if I would never be seen again.

"Hayley Snape, You are and have always been so loved. Not a moment you've been alive as someone not loved you," Remus's words were filled with emotion.

"Moony I- FIRE MOONY!"

A ball of fire struck the tall grass creating a ring of fire that encircled the burrow. Remus shot up using his body to shield me as a horrid cackled echoed through the field peaking out from behind Remus I caught a glimpse of Bellatrix Lestrange the one who killed Sirius Black. I heard heavy footsteps behind me. I stepped aside just in time as Harry raced passed us Casting spells well multiple of the one at Bellatrix. He leapt through the fire after her.

"Harry no!" Remus yelled. Damn it. I can't let him do this alone. Damn it. Damn it damn it. I sprinted past my god father leaping through the fire.

"Hayley! Come back!" Remus yelled this time with more urgency in his voice.

The tall grass obstructed my view as I raced through it. bellatrix's taunts echoed through the field. In the distance I could hear Remus, Arthur and Tonks yelling for myself, Harry and Ginny. Had she followed too? I hope she found harry because all I can see is the tall gra- I let out a scream as I was thrown back I fell through the grass into a clearing. from the grass emerged a tall mangy looking man with long sharp teeth, his clothes were in tatters. He laughed maniacally between deep rumbling growls. I glanced around. I was alone, Stumbling to my feet I brandished my wand.

"Diffindo!" I cast, the deatheater attempted to block my spell with some success. However a decent sized gash opened on the back of his hand. Blood oozed dripping onto the ground.

"Stupefy! Confringo! Diffindo! Expelliarmus!" Each spell I cast he simply flung aside while taking another step closer to me. My heart was pounding as I stumbled back casting more and more spells at him.

"Stupefy!" A deep voice yelled

A spell hit the man from the side and sent him flying into the grass. I turned to see Remus standing their with a murderous look on his face. The deatheater slowly stood up and stalked towards me. Remus stalked towards him.

"Greyback," Remus growled pointing his wand at the other man,

"Lupin," Greyback growled back raising his wand, suddenly without warning Greyback lunged at me. He moved with in human speed. Right before he could slash me he was thrown to the side and Remus stood infront of me.

"You will not harm her," Remus snapped,

Greyback straightened up grinning a toothy grin before disappearing in a cloud of black smoke. The smoke flew off into the sky joining other clouds of the dark smoke. An explosion sounded in the distance. Remus dropped his wand tears flowing freely from his face as he fell to his knees before me. Mud stained his pants. I slowly knelt before him.

"R-Remus?" My voice seemed to break him from his trance. He looked at me with a watery gaze.

"I saved you, he didn't turn you," He cried raising a shaking to hover by my cheek.