Chapter 69

Hayley's pov

"Are you sure? You don't have to go," George murmured,

"I have too,"

"No you don't," George said with more strength

"George-" Fred started.

"She will be killed at Hogwarts its no longer safe! It hasn't been since since her first year!" George exclaimed throwing his hands up in the air.

Something seemed to crack inside of him and George collapsed onto the couch burying his head in his hands. Fred and I shared a glance. tentatively I stepped over to George and sat beside him. He was muttering things in a heartbroken tone.

"I-I can't send you to your death, I can't, I can't, I can't,"

"I know George but I have to go," I said gently,

He began to sniff as tears fell onto his cheeks. Fred pulled his brother into a hug and mouthed that I should go. Giving them both one last sad smile I apparated to the train station. Slipping into the train cart I sat in an empty compartment gripping my wand tightly. My heart was pounding at any moment I could be attacked. after what felt like weeks the train slowed to a stop. Swiftly I exited the train and made a beeline to the castle. As I entered the castle my heart leap to my throat. I suddenly couldn't breath. My lungs felt were rejecting the air. I felt like I was drowning. Waves of sorrow crashed over me. I went pale. My mouth hung open. I was frozen in place.

"Lion?"

One word. Thats all it took to shatter my heart. Tears formed in my eyes. I-I have to go. I could feel emotion swelling in my chest. Turning on my heels I sprinted towards gryffindor tower. My father had made no effort to follow me. Once I reached my dorm, I broke. Tears cascaded down my face. Every thought, every emotion I had bottled up over the past months came out all at once. I was losing everyone. I-I didn't know where my brother was or my godfather, Oh merlin were is Remus? My father killed the headmaster. My father left me. He abandoned me alone. What did I do wrong? What did I do?

Vaguely I could hear footsteps entering the dorm. I swiped my tears away. The doors opened, Parvati and Lavender walked in with an excited look on their faces.

"Hayley we recruited so many people!" Lavender said,

"The entire original DA is back together minus those who are not seventh years," Parvati continued,

I nodded right I have an army to lead. I pushed my father my mind.

Severus's pov

I saw her... I saw my daughter... And I froze. The last- the last time I-I saw her was when I took Dumbledore's life. When She saw me kill him. Merlin she must hate me. I hate me. I paled. The carrows... oh merlin. Whether she realises it or not she needs me and I will protect her.

Hayley's pov

"Take these coin they will tell you when to meet," I started. I paced up and down the line of students. Lavender and Parvati handed out the coin's.

"Do not write anyone about our Army we need no evidence that we are doing this and we are doing this to protect those younger and weaker then us," I explained,

We disbanded for the evening. I watched everyone trail out of the room including my dorm mates. My eyes flitted over to the mirror. The photos everyone hung in our fifth year were still there. Memories from that year came flooding back. The one most prominent in my mind was Fred, George and I standing before this very mirror when we realised one of us would not make it out alive. I couldn't help wonder which one. I stared at the photo of the order of the Phoenix

"I took that photo you know," a familiar deep drawl said

With wide eyes I spun around. There behind me stood my father. Deep bags under his eyes contrasted against his pale skin. Other then that he looked the same he always did. tall, brooding and concerned. He hesitantly stepped closer to me.

"Lion I know you probably don't want to see me,"

I stared at my father, my mouth slightly ajar. So many words and thoughts were swirling in my mind. What do I say to the man who saved me? Who gave me a life that I could never have dreamed of? The man who was my father? The man who broke my heart? Anger began to bubble in my chest. Heat rose up my cheeks. Every emotion simply became to much and I exploded,

"Damn right I don't want to see you!" I all but yelled. Severus flinched but hesitantly took a step closer,

"You have every right to be upset,"

"I know I do you abandoned me!" This time I did yell,

"Dumbledore instructed me-"

"To what abandon your daughter? Did he 'instruct you to adopt me too!" I accused,

"No Lion no, I love you-" He started,

"No you know what I don't want to hear it!" I exclaimed cutting him off,

With that I stormed out of the room of requirements and straight to the one eye witch tunnel. I was in no mood to talk to anyone. How could he? Just come up to me as if the past few months hadn't happened? It was because of him I reformed the army. It was because of him Harry was gone. It was all his fault! And he had the audacity to blame it on Dumbledore! I slammed the door shut behind me and began pacing along the tunnel. My blood was boiling. But deep within the pit of my stomach a gnawing sadness wouldn't go away. My heart ached. My world had been shattered. Everyone I knew was in hiding all I had was my father and he- and he was the reason every fell apart.