Chapter 39

We've reached it the start of the second wizarding war, I don't know if I'm ready.
Hayley's pov

It had been hours since harry entered the maze. The twins have sent those hours trying to get me to stop pacing Sev was standing behind us. Merlin how long was this task going to take. Suddnely the crowd started cheering. I turned towards the field and my brow furrowed. Harry was huddled on the ground with Cedric... something was very very wrong.

My ears were ringing and my heart started pounding I faintly could hear Severus calling my name. Crouch was yelling. Harry was sobbing. The crowd was yelling. I could hear someone screaming, it was me. I was the one screaming. My throat ached but it didn't matter how loud I screamed I couldn't hear it over the ringing. My vision was blurred all I could see was Harry and Cedric. Someone had died. Moody... something was wrong his face was bulging and moving. He took a swig from his flask and his face returned to normal... but that wasnt normal. he was- he grabbed Harry. Harry. Harry.

"Harry!" I screamed,

A tight vacuum compressed me, my feet hit the field. I pulled my wand out aiming it at Moody and fumbled my way through jinx. However My wand flew out of my hand and I turned to see Severus putting his wand away. I scrambled to grab my wand again as Harry struggled to get to Cedric and cedrics dad cried. Severus summoned my wand sending it flying into his hand. I reached for it. Moody had Harry. Moody had Harry. Moody had Harry.

"Hayley, Lion it's ok," Severus soothed, his hands hovering by my shoulders

"No no no Harry he- I- I-I," Severus sighed shushing me. He pulled out the port key. When I made no moves towards it still reaching for my wand he angled so when my outstretched hand grabbed for my wand it met the portkey instead. I let out a scream.

My feet collided with our chambers floor and I immediately emptied my stomached. After recovering I whirled around still in a panic my heart was pounding. Tears started springing to my eyes, I didn't know where Harry was. Where I was. Something had been wrong with moody all year and his face... it was grotesque bulging, moving. I needed to save Harry. I can't lose him. I can't. I watched Severus threw floo powder into the fireplace. He spoke into it. Remus emerged with a confused look which was quickly replaced with one of concern. I rushed towards him.

"Remus please! Harry- I-I need my wand!" I rambled my eyes wide begging him to help. To believe me.

"Severus... what-" Severus cut him off.

"She tried to jinx moody,"

I chewed my lip I looked around before bolting towards the door. I could hear Severus explaining the situation to Remus. I jiggled the handle it wouldn't move. I let out a cry like I had been burned, I needed to save harry. Remus slowly approached me kneeling beside me.

"Cub it's alright now your safe," he tried soothing me,

"Harry isn't!" I cried out loudly,

Something cracked in my chest all my fight dissolved. I had failed. I leaned back against the door. Slowly sliding to the floor, the tears that had been threatening to spill finally did. Severus and Remus sat either side of me.

"Moody- there's something wrong- Harry he- he is in danger," I cried,

"Lupin take the key to my potion stores and go get albus, save potter," Severus said.

Remus nodded and stepped through the floo as we were blocking the door, Sev gently coaxed me from the floor and onto the couch. He had vanished my vomit from the floor. He wrapped his cloak around my shoulders. This simple action calmed my shaking a little. He summoned some tissues and a cup of water. He placed my wand on the table. He shuffled closer to me. Sev was silent I guessed he was waiting for me to speak. I felt calmer knowing someone was going to save my brother. Maybe he would be ok. The events of the past 10 minutes flooded my mind like rewinding a DVD. I tried to jinx a teacher. I tried to jinx a teacher. I nearly attacked a teacher. I sunk into his cloak wrapping it tighter around myself. Severus must be so disappointed. He's going to send me away.

"I... Im sorry," I mumbled,

"For what Lion," Sev said gently,

"Trying to jinx moody," a small chuckle escaped my father, I looked up at him confused.

"Lion I'm not thrilled by your methods but you mother would've done the same,"

I blinked Sev almost never spoke of my mother and never unprompted he always had an air of sadness when discussing her. I hate him being sad so I never brought her up. I clutched onto the cloak, my knuckles turning white. feeling more at ease knowing that he wasn't disappointed. The floo roared to life Sev stood stepping over to the fireplace and answered the floo call. I couldn't really hear what was said. Sev returned to the couch with a Somber look and my heart sank. A look he must've noticed.

"Potter is alright," he started, he took a breath.

"the person you tried to jinx wasn't alastor moody but in fact a death eater," my jaw dropped, I was right. A deatheacter had been teaching us all year. A sick feeling settled in my stomach as I realised how many times he could've ended me. Sev ran a hand over his face.

"Why would a death eater..." I tRailed off

"Voldemort is back," Severus said looking at me with regret.

"Everything is going to change now isn't it?" I asked,

"Yes,"