Chapter 25

Comment your thoughts down below! Love reading your reactions and thoughts on Hayley's adventures!
Hayley's pov

My skin stung and my teeth were chattering, I hugged my arms around myself the bleachers were always really exposed to the elements. The rain pricked my cold skin, I squinted as I stared up into the grey sky. I glanced over at the teachers booth. Severus hadn't attended this one.

Harry was scanning the field, gryffindor needed the snitch now was the right time to end the game. Fred and George were sending then bludgers flying at the hufflepuffs. George flew past me waving at me as he did.  Hufflepuff scored. Diggory now seemed to be searching for the snitch as well. Suddenly Harry shot into the clouds, after a moment the hufflepuff seeker not far behind. Lightening lit up the clouds revealing the seekers silhouettes chasing the small metal orb. That cant be safe, metal ball in a thunder cloud? I thought to myself. Another shiver travelled up my spine but this one felt different. Like the cold was coming from inside me... my breath fogged up my vision. A faint scream echoed at the back of my mind... Remus... oh merlin... Dementors.

"George!" I hollered, desperate to get his attention. George flew towards me a worried expression on his face.

"Dementors! Harry's in trouble!" I said in a panicked voice.

The older boy's face paled and My heart dropped as a flash of red and gold robes hurtled towards the ground. My heart leapt from the pit of my stomach to my throat choking me. I barely registered Dumbledore casting a spell. I couldn't hear the incantation over the rain. Suddenly The air felt like a vacuum around me, ripping the air from my lungs. My feet collided with the grass of the quidditch pitch, a wave of nausea hit me. I bit my tongue to prevent myself hurling, I stumbled over to Harry. A swarm of teachers stood around him. Remus looked up from Harry's side, when he saw me his eyes widened. He stood up and swiftly moved towards me. I tried to brush pass him and move towards my brother. He and I weren't close but was still my brother.

"Cub let the teachers get him to then hospital wing," he soothed, bile rose in my throat I bit my tongue harder but it didn't help. I throw up at my feet.

"Whoa whoa its ok cub," Fred and George dashed over to me.

"Hayls! Struggling to keep it down?" George joked appearing at my side. Fred stood on my other side smiling at me.

"Take care of her," Remus waved an accusing finger at the twins before hesitantly returning to help the teachers search for the dementors and care for harry.

the twins grinned and led me off of the pitch. Promising to take me To the hospital wing. George waved his wand and summoned a cup of water, he offered it to me. Gratefully I took it downing the water. We walked to The hospital wing and I got settled in a bed in the far corner of the room the twins still on either side of me. We watched as Harry was brought in and as they explained to him what had transpired. Harry's broom had been turned to kindled wood, The whole gryffindor team had crowded around Harry's bedside. Well the whole team bar Fred and George. I could just make out the conversation.

"what happened?" harry asked,

"You were attacked by dementors," Ron said softly, he shook his head,

"The match who won?" He elaborates, Hermione took a breath standing up from her seat beside him,

"No one blames you harry dementors aren't meant to be in the grounds, Dumbledore was furious,"

"And Harry there is something else... your broom," Ron said, I glanced at George.

"It flew into the whomping willow," Wood continued,

"Its kindling," Hermione finished.

Harry's face dropped, his broom was his life. I felt horrible for him not only did he fall from the clouds but he lost his broom. He seemed to understand its beyond repair. Madam pomfrey soon shooed them all away including the Twins. She strode over to examine me.

"Are you in pain?"

"No,"

She waved her wand over me and then discharged me. I decided to go to Severus's office Since I hadn't seen him all day. The walk to the dungeon seemed longer then usual and colder. When I arrived at his office I knocked on the door. Severus opened it raising his eyebrows at my presence but silently stepped aside allowing me into his office. I sat at the chair across from his usual seat at his desk. He took a seat after closing the door. He waved his wand sending out a patronus, a few moments past and a house elf reappeared with two plates. Once again no carrots. A small smile appeared on my lips.

"Eat," he drawled, picking up his fork. I followed his lead and took a few bites.

"I threw up on the pitch,"

He raised his eyebrow at my statement and placed his fork down. He leaned back in his chair and gestured for me to continue. A hint of concern lined his features, I took a breath.

"It felt like I was in a vacuum, the air was pulled from my lungs and then I was on the field," a smirk pulled at the corners of his lips.

"you apparated," he said as if it was most normal thing in the world

Severus's pov

She accidentally apparated, my chest swelled with pride. My daughter accidentally apparated. Yet she struggled with a simple pain reliever potion, I mused fondly. Her mothers gift for magic I see, hopefully she wouldn't use it for the trouble her mothers friends did. She continued to eat her food, she looked so much more happy and healthy then when she had first arrived at Hogwarts. Two and a half years had flown by. Now is the time Severus bring up adopting her. Now. I fortified my courage channeling her mother. I took a deep breath and took the mental leap.

"Hayley I-"

"I need to get back to the common room, thankyou for the food Severus, see you in class tomorrrow," she cut me off, getting up. She smiled at me. I cleared my throat.

"Alright have a good evening Hayley,"