Chapter 38

What's been your favourite part of this story so far? Leave your comments as usual down below!
Hayley's pov

I was practically as white as a sheet as Harry explained his plan for the grindylows. They would drown him, maim him! This plan was absolutely insane! Harry walked off as George appeared beside me looking at me with a lot of concern. Gillyweed? How did he know this plan would work.

"Hayls you alright?" He asked, I looked up at him nodding,

"I'm alright but Harry is going to be killed,"

"Nah he's got you Hayls!" George said bending down a little to meet my gaze. The sounds of footsteps alerted us to someone's approach, from the darkness emerged Moody.

"Snape, come with me," Moody grumbled

I squinted at him and shot George a worried look. He knew about my reservations with Moody but I doubted I had much choice. I followed the Professor to Dumbledore's office, I were sat down beside Hermione. Crouch was there along with Dumbledore. Moody hovered in the corner of the room.

"What is this about professor?" Hermione ask,

"For the next task the champions need... incentives, you will be asleep and they have to rescue you," Dumbledore explained.

"No harm will come to you," Crouch added.

Moody placed two glasses in front of us the brown liquid I imagined was a potion the one that would put us to sleep. I looked around an untrustworthy ministry worker, moody and Dumbledore a man I was yet to trust. There wasn't a way out, I hope Harry is able to save me. I took a breathe and drank the potion. It worked quick darkness slowly flooded my mind, in my mind I called out for Severus. That was my last thought.

Severus's pov

I hadn't heard of or from Hayley since yesterday morning in potions. Where was she? I made my way down to the lake for the second task. My eyes scanned the audience, I found the twins minus my daughter then found Ron no granger or Hayley. I was starting to get nervous, I made my way to the champions platform. Hayley wasn't there either. Albus approached me his hands clasped behind his back,

"Severus Hayley is quite alright, no harm will come to her even if Harry fails,"

My heart plummets I turn to the water. My daughter was down their. I couldn't even muster the strength to be angry at albus. My daughter my 14 year old daughter was in the lake. I felt like I was going to collapse, I couldn't safe her I had to hope potter would. Every minute that passed was agony, images of my daughter flashed in my mind, the day she came to hogwarts, her by that ogre, her in the hospital wing, potions class, home.  The surface of the water broke, my heart leapt to my throat before sinking back down. It was Krum and diggary. Where are they? The only one left was potter. Fleur hadn't managed to save her sister. The surface broke again and I let out a small sigh of relief before adrenaline filled my veins I reached out as Hayley swam to shore. She climbed out I carefully placed a towel around her guiding her away from the lake as Harry was pulled from the lake.

"Come on Lion," I whispered as I held out the port key transporting us to our chambers. I dried her closes and hair, summoning warm food.

"S-Sev?" She mumbled I turned back to her,

"Yes Lion?"

"They didn't tell you did they?"

"No lion,"

Hayley's pov

I shivered clutching the cup of soup. Sev took off his cloak and wrapped it around my shoulders. I couldn't remember anything after Dumbledores office. There was a knock at the door, Sev moved to open the door his voice dropped to his teaching drawl. I watched him step aside and Harry shot in running straight for me. He flung himself on the couch.