Chapter 59

Hayley's pov

I stumbled out of the fireplace a wide grin plastered on my face. The living room was dark aside from a single lamp. Severus looked up from his place on the couch folding the newspaper in his lap. Images of George flashed in my mind, I went on a date with George Weasley. A wave of giggles fell from my lips. Severus raised an eyebrow at me and gestured to the spot beside him. I threw myself onto the couch beside my father.

"You seem to have enjoyed yourself," Severus hummed,

"It was a date," I said wistfully, I went on a date with George Wealsey!

"Im aware," He snorted rolling his eyes.

"I wasn't," I chuckled, looking up at my father with a giddy grin

"I'm aware of that too,"

I leaned my head back, replaying the date over and over in my mind. The late, the conversation, how George looked. My heart skipped a beat with every new memory that popped into my head. Slowly my eye lids drooped exhaustion overtook me. Vaguely I could hear my father's voice droning on about something. His words became fuzzy as sleep washed over me.

I gazed at myself in the the mirror, my face had aged the faint hints of wrinkles accented my face. My brown looks pulled into a ponytail. George came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me planting a kiss on my cheek. He also looked like he had aged.

"Severus is waiting outside with James," He hummed,

"We shouldn't keep him waiting then,"

We exited the bathroom and made our way to our living room where My father stood hair grey talking to a young red headed boy. I smiled at the pair. In my fathers arms was our baby girl. He adored his grandchildren. Sev had been so happy since his retirement. I walked over and kissed my fathers cheek taking Eileen from my fathers arms.

"Lets get going shall we!" George smiled, Sev clapped him on the back,

"I believe your right son the train will be leaving soon,"

Severus's pov

"I found an interesting charms book I think you'd like-"

I paused glancing down at my daughter's unmoving form. She had fallen asleep. A smile tugged at my lips. I pulled my cloak off and draped it over her. She was so still, the only movement was the steady rise and fall of her chest. Hopefully the cloak would keep her warm over night. A familiar Worry crept its way into my heart. Images of her shivering danced in my minds eye. That simply wont do. I sat down in the armchair across from her resolving to sleep downstairs as well. Closing my own obsidian eyes I stilled my body and steadied my breathing. A trick I had learnt during the first war. Darkness soon seeped into my mind guiding me to a restless sleep.

"Leave her alone! Confrin-" Thud Lupins lifeless form fell forward landing at Hayley's feet. She let out a horrid Scream. The dark lord turned his attention to me.

"Please don't," I begged, willing the tears back down,

"Do you love her?" The dark lord hissed. I paused would he kill her if I admitted it? Or would he spare her?

"Hesitation Severus? Perhaps I should just," he twisted his wand into her throat. Hayley let out a whimper, I cringed my heart contracting painfully.

"No! Please! Yes! I love her!" I desperately exclaimed

a single drop of blood dripped down her neck. The dark lords lips curled into a wicked grin. I glanced down to Lupin's lifeless form. He lay dead at her feet. He had died trying to save her. I glanced back up at the tearful face of my daughter. The dark lord ran a finger down my daughter's cheek. I clutched my wand tightly. Anger boiled in my chest The temptation to cast a curse at the man holding my child was strong.

"She looks like Lily," Voldemort sneered,

"P-please Sev," Hayley whimpered, another painful contraction shot through my heart,

"Please Sev," The dark lord mimicked in a mocking tone,

"Severus are you going to save her? Kill me?" The dark lord snarled,

My heart was pounding, Hayley was at the end of the most dangerous wizard in history's wand. He was taunting me. If Lupin was dead what were the odds the rest of the order was coming? No one was coming to save us. I had to do something. I have to save her. Severus do something. Protect your child. Do it Severus. Hex him, jinx him. Do something protect her! I shakily raised my wand a curse on my lips. The dark lord sneered again and the killing curse on his lips. Hayley screamed.

"Avada-"

My eyes flew open and a gasp tore itself from my lips. Hayley. My gaze whirled around the room. My green haired teenager was no where to be found. My heart leapt into my throat. Was my dream a memory? I shot up and rushed down the hallway, I stumbled over my own feet. My mind was reeling, where was my daughter. Was my dream a memory? Was she... no she had to be alright. She's just asleep in her room. She is in her room. I threw the door open, my daughters bedroom was neat and orderly. Photos hung on her mirror and sat in frames on the dresser. Her bed was made it seemed she hadn't slept in it. Oh merlin. Where was she.

"Severus?"

I leapt out of my skin at the sound of Lupin's voice. I whirled around and tried to glare at him but my glare lacked strength. Lupin raised an eyebrow at me. It must've been a sight the great Severus Snape nearly in tears with worry.

"Where is she?" I asked holding my breath,

"Hogwarts? I arrived at 6-"

Lupin's voice was drowned out by my pounding heart. I let out a sigh of relief, She was alive. She was safe. She was at Hogwarts. Exactly when she was meant to be.