Chapter 8

long chapter tonight, please leave any feedback (politely) you have about this chapter.
Severus's pov

After dinner I headed back to my classroom. I sat down at my desk and pulled the stack of papers from the top drawer. Brandishing my quill I began marking 4th year papers. Passable, incoherent, pathetic, wrong subject, incorrect math, wrong potion, incoherent, incoherent, passable. How had any of them made it to the 4th year? a frantic knock at my classroom door interrupted my marking, I glance at the clock it read 10pm. The door was flung open and Hayley dashed into the room and slamming the door behind her . She pressed her back to the door, she slid down the wood and hugged her knees to her chest. I froze for a moment, I was unsure if she had seen me or not. What do I do? lily what would you want me to do? You'd want me to see if she is alright. That made the most sense. Letting out a sigh I rose from my chair and moved from my desk, standing before her I cleared my throat to announce my presence. Hayley practically jumped out of her skin, glancing up at me wild eyed. Her face went pink and she slowly pulled herself up.

"P-Professor I didn't know you were in here," she said sheepishly, I raised an eyebrow.

"Miss Green, this is my classroom," I said,

"now why are you in my classroom after hours?" Her face grew a deeper shade of red and her eyes fell to the ground.

"Malfoy was bothering me trying to hug me but I really hate being touched. so I figured he'd be to scared to come here..." she explained

My heart sank Malfoy was bothering her again, why hadn't this been flagged by her head of house? Surely I would've been alerted if Minerva knew. Perhaps a conversation with Malfoy about respect would be prudent. I despised the fact that she was struggling. However I did have to admit it warmed my heart that she came to hide in my classroom.

"Your welcome to stay," I said,

She smiled at me and moved to sit at one of the desk's in the front row. I returned to my desk, opening my drawer pulling out an interesting book on the history of memory charms. With a flick of my wand the book began to float over to Hayley it dropped onto her desk, she looked up at me in shock. I nodded at her. She picked up the book, immediately it was if she was lost in a world of her own. Returning to my marking, I swiftly got lost in a world of my own. However every so often I looked up at Hayley who never took her eyes off the page. Before I knew it twenty minutes passed, then thirty, then forty, then two hours, I sighed placing my quill down as I finished marking the final paper. I looked back up at the clock it read 12am. I got up and looked to Hayley. I smiled walking towards her, I went to pick her up but stopped remembering her hatred of touch. instead I brandished my wand casting Levi corpus. I carried her to the Gryffindor common room like that. red and gold everywhere it was sickening, I lowered Hayley onto the couch and summoned a blanket wrapping her in it.

I walked back to my chambers in the dungeons. I lay in bed my mind wandered to Hayley. I wished Lily was here hell even Potter would've improved her life. An orphanage is no life for a child of Lily Evans.

Hayley's pov

I awoke to the sound of Fred calling my name I looked up and he had a excited look on his face, George stood behind him dressed in house colours... quidditch. Right. I quickly got up, George pointed his wand at me casting scourgify cleaning the lint from my clothes and tangles from my hair. We quickly ran down to the pitch I stood beside Hermione as we watched The players zip around.

"Go George!" I cheered, he shot me a small swift smile. Gryffindor was winning boy 20 points despite the fact that Slytherin were playing rough.

They kicked hit and spat, Oliver was a fine keeper. Marcus Flint wrestled the bat from Fred nearly knocking him off his broom. Marcus hit the bludger straight at Oliver hitting him. Another Gryffindor spun out into the stands thanks to two Slytherin's, they scored Hermione looked irritated. we were now neck and neck with the snakes. Suddenly Harry took off he must've seen the snitch! I cheered again before slapping a hand over my mouth, didn't want the Opposing seeker hearing me. His broom began to shake violently! My heart sank he was being jinxed,

"What's goin' in with Harry's broom stick!" Hagrid said, Hermione looked through some binoculars.

"It's snape he is Jinxing the broom," Hermione whispered I began to protest but Ron cut me off.

"What do we do?" Ron yelped, Hermione pushed passed him,

"Leave it too me," she said, I didn't believe Professor Snape would actually harm Harry, yeah he didn't like Harry but really? Jinxing him? That's a little too childish for him. I took the binoculars from Ron and turned them towards Snape we was moving something. Chaos broke out his robes caught fire... Hermione must've... Qurriell fell over. Harry still wasn't in control of his broom. I raised my wand and mumbled 'finite' the broom steadied and Harry regained control of his broom! I let out a sigh of relief he would be ok. Ron let out a shaky breath. The two seekers began to compete for the snitch, I held my breath praying for Harry to win. They went into a nose dive, my hand went to my mouth as the snake seeker pulled up and Harry didn't. He carefully stood on his broom like a crazy person. He takes a step forward and tumbles off the broom. He hunches over grabbing his stomach, he looks like he is gonna hurl.

"Harry Potter caught the snitch!"

"Gryffindor wins!"