Chapter 4

UPDATED
Snapes pov

The students were laughing and cheering as they enjoyed the feast. The house elves had out done themselves this year. Halloween themed baked goods in each houses colours. Though I wasn't one for sweets. I glanced up my eyes looking over the Gryffindor table. A scowl overtook my features. Hayley was sat between the Weasley Twins. Of course she would bond with the new marauders, like mother like daughter. A soft spot for troublemakers. I watched as she read what I appeared to be her charms textbook while picking at the sandwich on her plate.

BANG! the doors to the great hall were thrown open and Professor Quirrell stumbled in. He was blabbering about about something. His words were incredibly incoherent. Albus stood up, Quirrell stopped walking. He froze on the spot

"There's an Ogre on the second floor, thought you should know," Quirrell said wistfully before collapsing face first into the concrete room.

Hayleys pov

Dumbledore dismissed the students, instructing us to follow our head of house to the dorms. I stood up to follow the twins out of the hall. Clutching my charms textbook to my chest I glanced over my shoulder. Harry and Ron were heading down a different hallway. My brow furrowed, I glanced back at the rest of our house then back at my idiot brother. Damn it. George looked at me confused I tossed him my textbook  before turning on my heels and sprinted after my brother.

"Where are you going?" I called after them as I started catching up. Harry turned his head towards me. He looked shaken.

"Hermione is in the second floor bathrooms!" Harry says panic clear in his eyes.

"I'm right behind you," I said nodding at him.

He gave me a grateful smile and we bolted towards the bathroom. We heard a deep loud growling and rumbling as we got closer to the door. I pulled out my wand and clutched it tightly in my hand. Holding it made me feel a little safer. I mean I only know a handful of spells hopefully it'll be enough to at least hold off the ogre. Especially considering I'm pretty sure harry and Ron know combined one spell. Please let it be a small ogre.

We burst through the bathroom door wands drawn. My stomach dropped, that is not a small ogre. My mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water. Hermione's back was pressed against the wall.

"Hey boogerbrain!" Ron yelled. I glared at him, the orgre slowly turned to face us. Wonderful. The beast locks eyes with me. It's yellow eyes were truly terrifying. The ogre raised his hand with the club in it. Think Hayley, think. He started to swing. Act Hayley, act. I aimed my wand at his hand

"Diffindo!" I yelled. Please work, please work.

A deep cut formed on the beasts palm, blood dripped to the floor. The beast let out a roar dropping the club with a loud thud. Hermione screamed, the ogre swung his arm at the stalls knocking them over. Blood smeared on the smashed wood. The ogre rounded on me glaring. I started to panic and every spell I knew flew out of my mind.

"Windgardium leviosa" I heard harrys voice say,

The ogres club lifted from the ground and floated over the ogres head. Harry lowered his wand releasing the spell. The club dropped onto square onto the ogres skull with a thud. The ogre stumbled before falling backwards into the rumble of the stalls. It looked like it was out cold. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Weasley, Potter, Granger, Green!" Mconagall said in an exasperated tone.

Cringing, I slowly turned around to face the older witch. She stepped to the side and jabbed a finger at the door. We hung our heads and dragged ourselves out of the bathroom. Professor Snape stood in the shadows his hands clasped behind his back.

"Miss Green speak with me a moment," Professor Snape ordered I scowled walking towards him. Why just me?

"Miss Green are you alright" a hint of concern in his voice. His face remained emotionless, his lips barely moved as he spoke.

"I'm-I'm fine," I nodded my lips forming a thin line.

Snapes pov

I strode into Albus's office. He was standing behind his desk eating some lollies. He smiled at me and held out a Lolli. I shook my head and sat in the chair across from his desk. I crossed my arms and watched as Albus sat down in his chair.

"Was Hayley Green Adopted?" I asked,

"No," Albus stated. How could no one want the girl? She seemed so much like her mother. Shy quiet and evidently quite skilled at charms.

"Are you thinking of?" Albus trailed off.

"No," I responded. I promised to look after her not adopt her. She isn't my daughter.

Hayley's pov

"You cast a severing charm at an Ogre!" Fred exclaimed with a loud laugh.