Chapter 55

Hayley's pov

"Hayley? What are you doing here?" I looked up from my charms book to see Sev standing over me with his arms crossed.

"I have a free period," I explained,

"I do believe Professor Slughorn has room in potions," Severus said

He sitting on the arm of my chair gently tugging mY charms book from my clutches. I furrowed my brow as he floated the book over to the shelves. He rested his hands in his lap.

"But Sev Im hopeless!" I exclaimed crossing my arms over my chest He let out a snort,

"You are not hopeless, You are my daughter," Severus stated in a matter of fact tone,

He chuckled, standing up he gestured for me to do the same. He flicked his wand summoning a potions textbook. He passed it to me. With a deep sigh I stood up and followed Severus out of his chambers. I grumbled mumbling how it wasn't fair as Severus escorted me to Slughorns classroom. Severus's hand hovered behind my shoulder as he opened the door. Slug horn stopped speaking and turned to face us.

"Miss Snape will be joining you," Severus droned,

"Of course Severus, Miss Snape please take a seat,"

I glanced up at Severus who gave me a tight smile before striding out of the classroom. Quickly I walk over and stand next to Harry. He smiles at me and gives me a small wave. He slid his open textbook towards me so it sat between us. He pointed to the page number of the potion we were making.

"We're making a poly juice potion," Harry whispered,

"Thankyou," I whispered back,

I nodded. I opened my textbook to that page and began following the instructions. Glancing over at Harry's textbook I noticed their was writing in the margins. The handwriting was very neat and small. Not cursive but a kind of fancy print. My eyes widened. That was Severus's handwriting. What as it doing in Harry's textbook?

"Psst Harry, whose textbook is that?" I whispered dicing the lavender leaves.

Severus's pov

Lupin stepped through the floo into my office. I gestured for him to take a seat. He obliged sitting in the chair across from me. I pulled out a few pieces of paper. Across the top of first page were the words 'The Will of Severus Tobias Snape' in large bold print. I folded my arms on the desk and leaned forward.

"Lupin I've called you here to discuss what will happen to Hayley in the event of my death or I'm incapable of caring for her," I drawled, Lupin nodded sitting straighter in his chair. His normal smile replaced with a look of seriousness.

"Alright, if I may. Why are we discussing this now?" Lupin asked a hint of concern in his voice, I let out a sigh I suppose he has a right to know at least the information Albus permitted me to share.

"My recent order assignment has raised the likelihood of it being to Dangerous for Hayley to live with me,"

Lupin nodded slowly he had a solemn look on his face. I sighed it is unfortunate and completely unfair to Hayley if she is uprooted however if it will protect her. I have no choice and I will see that it happens. I wondered if Lily had had a similar conversation with Lupin.

"What's the plan then Severus," Lupin asked,

"I have set aside two sums of money in her name. One open to her currently the other will become available once she is 21," I explained,

"I imagine she will live with me?" Lupin asked, I gave a curt nod

"Lily would've wanted that so yes, which is also why I have set aside a sum of money for you on the condition it's used for Hayley's care,"

Hayley's pov

"He won't tell anyone who that book belongs to," Hermione said her tone slightly stressed as she sharply stirred the potion.

"He practically sleeps with the thing," Ron snorted glancing down at his potion before grimacing.

A very Snape like smirk spread across my lips I pulled my hand from my pocket. Careful to keep it below the desk I flicked it. Mumbling the summoning charm. Harry's textbook flew into my hand. He let out a small yell. I spun on my heels sprinting over to stand between Ron and Hermione. Flicking through the pages til we got to the first page.

This book is property of the half blood prince

It did belong to Severus...

"Whose the half blood prince?" Hermione asked Harry just shrugged.

"My Dad," I answered,

"Blimey Harry you've got Snape's textbook? No wonder Slughorn thinks your better then Hermione-" Ron exclaimed but stopped speaking suddenly as Hermione gave Him a withering look.

I shook my head walking back my cauldron and handed harry his textbook. I opened my mouth to say something but Our conversation was interrupted by slughorn approaching our table. He was a stark contrast to Sev. Sev was commanding and controlled the room. Slughorn just looked like a sweet old man. He had a wonky smile and lines of stress by his eyes.

"Harry my boy I'm having a little get together for my top students why don't you and Miss Granger come," Slughorn said in a jolly tone.

"That would be great Professor," Harry spoke with a smile,

Hermione nodded. Slughorn grinned then turned to me. He looked lost for a minute the wonky smile dropping from his features. The corners of his mouth turned up again and he addressed me. He seemed a tad bit creepy.

"Miss Snape you are of course welcome, any child of Severus must be exceptional at potions!"