Chapter 58

@Minji1321 has made some amazing fan art of Hayley! I highly suggest going to check out her fan art book! I absolutely love it
Hayley's pov

I stepped out of the fireplace in Slughorns office. The office lights were dim barely lighting the wall on which they were hung let alone the room. George was the only other person in the office. He stood there waiting for me with a smile. His gaze fell to my hands and his brow furrowed. I followed his gaze to the rose still in my grasp. He flicked his wand vanishing it.

"Don't worry I sent it to your room at spinners end," he hummed taking a step towards me.

He was so close we were almost touching. His hands raised so they hovered by my forearms. A smile danced on his features, I looked up at him a matching smile on my lips.

"I didn't get to tell you how beautiful you look," George spoke his words barely above a whisper.

I opened my mouth to respond when the door to the office opened bathing us in a blinding yellow light. Startled We left back away from each other. Slughorns stood there a smile plastered across his old features. George scratched the back of his neck nodding at the Professor. I gave the older man a small wave.

"Ms Snape and Who have your brought," Slughorn said cheerfully,

"George Weasley," George responded clearing his throat

"Ah a Weasley! Fine choice in friend Ms Snape," Slughorn exclaimed pointing at me.

"Very well please," Slughorn stepped aside and gestured to the open door.

With an awkward smile We hurried through the door into the room of the party. My classmates stood around chatting drinks in hand. Cloth decorations lined the room. Neville and a few others were wandering about with trays in white coats. I looked up at George he waved down a server and grabbed to drinks from the tray. He offered me one with a smile, carefully I took it from him. He shoved one hand in his pocket as he sipped on the fizzy drink. His nose scrunched up and he pulled his hand from his pocket using it to cover my drink. I raised an eyebrow at me, he shook his head a disgusted look on his face. A giggle passed my lips.

"Hogwash that is," George snorted,

We tipped out our drinks into a nearby plant and placed the cups on a servers tray. I glanced around the room, most of the students I'd never spoken to before a day in my life. Who would I even talk too? Harry and Hermione were no where to be found. Suddenly the idea of this 'Slugclub' was wholly unappealing. Maybe George wouldn't mind if we were to sneak ou-

"Want to steal a tray of canapés and sneak out?" George said softly,

"You read my mind," I sighed with relief,

George grabbed a tray of neville as he passed by. He gestured to the classroom door. We sped from the room keeping our heads down as not to draw attention to ourselves. The corridors of hogwarts were as silent as death. A draft sent a chill up my spin. George jerked his head to the corridor to our left. We strolled down the silent hallways, a small smile danced on my lips. The night sky was lit up with stars that cast a soft glow over the land. This gentle light crept through the windows illuminating the old corridors. I flicked my gaze over to my red haired companion. His hands were buried in his pockets, he had his usual smile plastered on his face.

We rounded a corner my hand flew to my mouth. George stepped forward into the little round alcove, beams of light shone through windows. An old detailed stone bench sat in the middle of the alcove. A small garden bed lined the curvature of the wall. It was beautiful. With a happy sigh George threw one leg over the bench and sat down. He placed the canapés in front of him gesturing to the bench. I threw my leg over the bench and sat down like him straddling the seat.

"It's so beautiful," I said gesturing around at the alcove.

George shoved a canapé in his mouth nodding. I raised my wand and muttered the summoning charm. A hair tie flew out of the shadowy corridor landing in my lap. Picking it I threw my hair into a high ponytail. George took off his suit jacket, his suit shirt was tucked into his pants. He rolled his sleeves up to his elbows. I picked up a canapé and took a bite.

Severus's pov

Love,
Your Dad,

I let out a deep sigh as I put the quill down. my shoulders lumped with an invisible weight. What will Hayley think of me when this is all said and done? When Albus is dead- when I kill Albus. What will she think of me? My daughter has no fondness for the old man however I doubt she wants him dead. Will she still feel safe with me? Will she still love me? Will she remember me? Or will she chose to forget me? my heart ached as images of her face contorted in disgust, my funeral without her, spinners end empty forgotten.

Im going to lose my daughter.

Hayley's pov

"George come back!" I laughed as he ran through the fields beside the court yard.

The cold air brought my nerves alive as I watched him run through the grass. The moon was bright above our heads. I sprinted after George laughter floating Into the air.

"Teach us something please, Whether we be old and bald, Or young with scabby knees," George sung out louder. He threw his arms out and spun around. I finally caught up to him, he grinned at me and continued to sing very off key.

"Our heads could do with filling, With some interesting stuff, For now they're bare and full of air," he sung louder,

"Dead flies and bits of fluff, So teach us things worth knowing, Bring back what we've forgot," I sung loudly George grinned at me

"Just do your best, we'll do the rest, And learn until our brains all rot,"

we sung in unison before collapsing onto the grass in a fit of laughter. I let out a sigh as we lay there staring up at the night sky. Bright stars shimmered. tonight had been perfect. We lay there in a comfortable silence. minutes passed before George spoke.

"Was this a date?"

I blinked, had this been a date? Originally I hadn't intended it to be but had it become one? I mean if he wanted it to be one I certainly had not problems.

"Did you want it to be?" I asked averting my eyes.

"I had hoped," George said.

"Me too," I mumbled feeling my cheeks get hot.

"I suppose I should be a good date and get you home before midnight," George spoke as he stood up, he grinned at me.

We wandered back to castle and headed towards my fathers office. Slughorns party was supposed to end hours ago and it would be a little tricky to use his floo. George's smile never faltered, I'd never seen his smile so bright.