Chapter 51

Start of book six. Getting close to the ending. I'm not looking forward to the character deaths ahead. I've also been thinking about going back and editing some old chapters once I've finished would you all be willing to read the older revised chapters?
Hayley's pov

"Can I go to diagon alley today?" I asked holding my plate out

"No," Severus hummed, piling two pancakes onto my plate.

"Why not? I want to see the twins I haven't seen them since they dropped out!" I exclaimed,

I started cutting up the pancakes and taking a bite. Severus raised an eye brow at my tone. He placed placed two pancakes onto his plate, putting the pan down he sat across from me and pulled out the daily prophet.

"That unfortunately does not change my answer,"

Severus opened the paper and began reading a clear signal that this conversation was over. My leg bounced up and down, I miss the twins. I want to see them. Stabbing the pancakes with the fork I continued to eat while I got lost in thought. Why wouldn't Severus let me see them? Well I suppose he didn't exactly forbid the twins, Severus has forbidden diagon alley... but he didn't forbid Weasley's wizarding wheezes. Not exactly. So If I could get to the shop without going to the alley I'd still be obeying Severus. The bracelet could accomplish that task. I quickly shovelled the remaining pancakes in my mouth, choking on it as I forced it down my throat. I excused myself and bolted to my room before Severus could ask me anything. Opening the jewellery box that sat on my windowsill, pulling out the bracelet and slipped it on. I opened the locket charm, I touched the photo of George Fred and myself.

The familiar feeling of being sucked in portkey took over me. My feet slammed against the ground.

"Hayley!" Georges voice exclaimed, "Fred! Hayley's here!"

"Blimey the bracelet worked was worried it wouldn't!" Fred laughed

I smiled at my friends. They began to show me around the shop with large grins on their faces. The shop was incredible. So many flying spinning twirling exploding things. I let out a laugh as I saw the little dragon roasting the food. The store was fantastic. George looked over the moon while showing me around. He rambled on and on about every little detail. The shop was fairly empty right now since it wasn't open yet.

BANG! CRASH! the sounds of screams echoed out side the shop. We all shared a look before running to the front windows. Olivanders was on fire, three deatheaters dragged a man who had a bag over his head out of the shop. George took a step forward in front of me. He nodded his head and Fred who did the same. The twins formed a wall in front of me. Screams echoed throughout diagon alley. More buildings began exploding. We all ducked down under the window sill for cover. As more screams sounded and more glass broke. It sounded like the alley had broken into pure chaos. Severus was right. Severus was right. Severus was right. I covered my mouth, I was breathing so loudly.

"It's ok Hayley, it's ok," George murmured,

"Sev's is going to kill me," I whispered, I ducked as another explosion sounded.

"Hayley I promise I'll get you back to your father in one piece," George said gently.

"And not just because your dad is scarier then a deatheater," Fred spoke with a strained chuckle.

The explosions and screaming died down. We waited a moment before peaking over the ledge. The alley was empty. I let out a sigh of relief. We all started laughing, we lived. It appeared others hadn't been so lucky, bodies lay strewn across the street. The Fire died down, dark grey clouds blocked out the sun.

"I should probably go face the music huh?"

"Don't worry Green, if he locks you in the dungeon we'll break you out," Fred laughed, I smiled at them.

"You guys are the best," Hayley smiled

We quickly walked up the stairs, letting ourselves into the twins office. Fred brandished a crystal bowl of floo powder. I bid them goodbye and flooed home. The sound of yelling greeted me. The one of the voices yelling was clearly my father's, there was a second voice yelling which i recognised to be Remus. Oh Merlin.

"Deatheaters are blowing up London and you cant find her!" Remus yelled, SLAM. I jumped at the sudden loud noise. slowly i crept towards my fathers study where the yelling had been emanating from.

"Maybe if she had better influences around her she wouldn't have snuck out!" Severus snapped,

"Like her deatheater of a father!" Remus yelled, the angriest I'd ever heard him. Severus went deadly silent. I froze out of fear. Fear of what or for who I wasn't sure.

"My status as a spy does not affect my ability to parent MY Child," Severus growled, "I think you'd care to remember who her father is,"

I tentatively stepped into the room knocking on the door. Both mens head flew up. The tension could be cut with a knife. I took another step closer, this seemed to trigger something in Remus's head. He darted forward and started looking me over. Asking me if I was ok over and over again. I nodded unable to tear my eyes away from my father who was unmoving. He wasn't glaring at me. He was smiling either. He was emotionless.

"Dad?"

"Where were you?" He drawled in his teaching voice. My heart cracked a little had I really broken his trust this badly?

"The twins shop," I mumbled looking at the floor unable to meet his gaze. Despite how disappointed I'm sure I've made him but i don't regret seeing the twins, they are my best friends I don't regret it. I never will.

"In diagon alley?" I nodded. He slowly walked towards me I closed my eyes tightly. He knelt before me he raised his hands and they hovered by my cheeks. The closest he could get to holding my face. Tears dotted his dark eyes. His thin lips pulled upward in a small smile.

"I'm so glad you came back to me," Severus whispered