Chapter 31

Thanks to @LittleBlueWolf99 for commenting on chapter 29! I really do love your guys comments! Now I have an important question who do you think is the better dad?
Hayley's pov

"I did my waiting! Ten years of it! In Azkaban!" Sirius Black yelled with wild crazed eyes.

Everything around me seemed to be happening in slow motion, Hermione voice echoed in my mind yelling about Remus and werewolves. Sirius black was so close to Remus, sirius black was here.... My heart was pounding. I-I didnt know what to do, my feet were frozen in place. Remus handed over his wand, my heart stopped. They were friends. Was Remus betraying us? He couldnt be? He loves me... Severus burst into the room. Severus... Severus stepped between me and Remus blocking my view. Severus's voice was filled with venom, he sounded down right murderous. Remus was trying to reason with him. a flash of light collided with Severus sending him flying into the dusty bed, the ringing in my ears faded out as time sped up again. Now it was my voice piercing through the air in a gut wrenching scream.

"Severus!" I screamed running over to him.

I could feel everyone's eyes on me, my hands hovered near him unsure of what to do. Without magic and without being able to touch him I was helpless. The worry swirled in my stomach making me nauseous,.

"Harry!" Hermione yelped.

"Cub it's ok he is ok," Remus whispered outstretching his hand to me, I stared at it, do I trust him? Can I trust him? I glanced back at Severus. Every had happened so fast, I didn't know what to do. I allowed Remus to guide me away from Severus and over to the corner.

"Tell me about Peter pettigrew!" Harry yelled, waving his wand between Sirius and Remus. He looked panicked but calm. Remus immediately stepped in front of me.

"We went to school with him! He was our friend!" Remus tried to explain. Finally I felt resolve building in my chest, I slipped past Remus and strode to stand beside my brother, we weren't close but either Sirius Black or Peter Pettigrew killed our parents now is the time to stand together. Now is the time to act

"What happened to him?" I asked,

"He is right there!" Sirius pointed to Ron who paled shaking his head and stammering. My jaw dropped in exasperation.

"Thats Ron you moro-" I started,

"No him his rat!" Sirius snorted cutting me off,

"Scabbers has been in my family for-"

"12 years?"

I blinked, Rats don't live that long, a rock formed in the pit of my stomach. Peter had killed our parents. Ron shook his head and squeaked as Sirius snatched the rat from him waving it about. Remus strode angrily towards the rat as well, he waved his wand at the rat but it jumped breaking free from Sirius's grip. Both men haphazardly cast spells at the rat causing dust to fill the air. Just as the rat hit a hole in the wall Sirius hit him. My eyes widened and Ron squeaked again, scabbers wasn't a rat. The mans finger nails were black and jagged, his hair grey and in worse shape then Sirius's. He put on a grin and opened his arms.

"Remus! Sirius my old friends!" He said before trying to barge through them both.

The two men threw him roughly back. Peter looked around before scurrying towards Harry and I, Harry stepped in front of me. Petter gripped Harry's shoulders.

"You look so much like your dad we were the best of friends," he all but hissed.

Sirius ripped Peter from Harry throwing him roughly back. Peter scurried back behind the piano and was cornered by the other men. He tried to reason with him but Remus and Sirius were having none of it. They would've died for James and Lily. Suddenly it hit me how loved our parents were. Peter scampered under the piano I rushed to block the door. He was not escaping. he eyed me wearily.

"Hayley your so grown! Your mother would've spared me!" He practically begged, Remus ripped him away from me, his face scared me. He threw him onto his knees before Remus and Sirius.

"Don't you dare talk to my daughter rat," Remus snarled at Peter.

"You should've known Peter if Voldemort didn't kill you we would!" Sirius snapped,

"No!" I yelled in unison with Harry.

"Take him to the castle, the dementors can have him," Harry added,

As we walked up the passage I walked towards the back in silence with Remus, Harry was up the front with his own godfather. Remus would occasionally glance at me but didn't say anything. His words kept ringing in my ear, 'don't talk to my daughter you rat' he hadn't called me that before. No one had really. I was always 'Cub' which I liked. His hands were shoved in his pockets.

"I'm sorry you had to see that Cub," he said barely audible. I glanced up at him, his warm brown eyes looked remorseful. His face was tired. I rubbed my hands together. He had reassured me that we would send someone for Severus but it was best he slept through us going to the castle with Peter. I wasn't pleased with this but I had no better plans

"It's ok," I mumbled,

We emerged from the hollow, it was dark out, the castle glowed in the distance. I looked up at the sky the moon was full and bright. I paled turning to Remus who looked as if he was in a trance. Sirius darted forward hugging Remus, then it happened he began to transform. Severus appeared from the hollow eyes widening in horror he shielded me and the others. Remus now fully a wolf howled, he turned towards us. A flash of black fur collided with Remus, The two canines grappled together. Unfortunately Remus was stronger and flung him off, my turn I guess. I shifted into my coyote form and rushed forward I locked eyes with him. The eyes I was looking at weren't Remus's they were more animalistic but they looked like they recognised me. Slowly I walked towards him, he didn't move allowing me closer.

"Hayley-" Severus took a step towards me. Remus growled and in one fluid moTion flung Severus into the trio then gripped the back of my neck gently in his mouth and bounded off.

"Hayley!" I heard Severus yell,