Chapter 60

This chapter is dedicated to @13mushroomfairy13 i loved reading your comments
Hayley's pov

We watched ron drift into the great hall. Quidditch try outs were today and the poor man has been worrying about them all week according to Harry and Hermione

"Ron looks like he's seen a ghost," I said,

I jabbed my fork in the direction of a very pale Weasley dressed in his new quidditch uniform. He slunk over to the where we were sitting and slowly lowered himself into a chair. He stared at his plate of toast and eggs. His face was turning green. I opened my mouth to say something but was cut off my the deep voice of my father.

"Miss Snape follow me," he drawled,

I Looked up at him then back to my nearly empty plate then to by now green friend. With a sigh I stood up and followed him out of the great hall. We walked into his new classroom. He waved his wand and a stack of books floated towards me,

"Would you mind helping me properly set up the room?" Sev asked.

I nodded it got me out of watching Quidditch tryouts. I grabbed the books and started placing them in each desk's draw. Why couldn't Sev have done this himself? Most of the room was set up already and what wasn't done could've been organised magically. It was rare Sev did anything in the muggle way. I glanced back at my father who was seated at his desk sorting papers. He looked up at me with a stiff emotionless expression.

"Lion? Come, sit," Sev said gesturing to the chair and desk beside his own desk.

With a raised eyebrow as I sat down. I watched him shuffle some papers around. Sev cleared his throat and folded his hands turning towards me.

"Hayley, there are dark days ahead," he started, he looked quite nervous,

"Ok?" I responded,

"I will have to do things... things I will regret... things that will affect you," He continued, he sounded if I was being quite frank, he sounded ominous. I chewed the inside of my cheek, what is he talking about. 

"Remus and I have agreed that it will be best if for the foreseeable future you live with him when you are not at school,"

A ringing tore through my ears. It seemed like My heart froze as if it wasn't beating. Was he giving me up? I don't really want to live with Remus. I love Remus he is a great godfather but Severus Snape is my father. I like spinners end. I like my life,

"This is not because I dont love you or want you. Your safety is my top priority and you wont be safe with me," Sev explained.

"But..."

"Im sorry Lion but this is final,"

Severus's pov

"Remus has already moved your things into his house-,"

I was cut off but Hayley suddenly standing up, her face was red and tears lined her eyes. She stormed out of the room. I watched silentLy as the door slammed shut behind my daughter. My head fell into my hands with a long sigh. A dull ache settled into my chest, she's upset with me. Perhaps that is for the best, safer for her to hate me then be with me. Lupin will be able to care for her better then I will. My shoulders slumped with the weight of what I must do this year.

Hayley's pov

I angrily wiped tears from my cheeks. Why wouldn't he want me with him? He has always kept me safe. Why would I be safer with Moony. Oh Merlin I have DADA next, I can not face him. Not now not after he gave me up. I opened the pendant on my bracelet and touched the photo. The familiar feeling of being yanked through a portkey engulfed me. My feet collided with the hard wood floors of George and Freds office. Tears started fall down my cheeks as I allowed myself to feel the full force of my fathers words. The world was spinning and my hearing went fuzzy. I lowered myself to my knees and hugged them to my chest. Suddenly Fred appeared by my side.

"Green? GEORGE!" His voice was fuzzy and sounded distant.

"Hayls?"

Georges voice seemed to bring me back to reality. I looked up at George who was now kneeling on my other side, a new wave of tears filled my eyes as words began to tumble from my mouth.

"Sevheissendingmeawaydoeshenotwantme," I sobbed out.

"Slow down Hayls... Fred could you run the shop for a bit?" George asked

He looking pleadingly at his brother. Fred nodded, after giving me a sad smile he left the office. George and I were now alone and my tears were slowly subsiding. George crossed his legs and shuffled a little closer.

"What happened Hayls?" George spoke gently,

"Sev is sending me away to live with Remus," I said between sniffles. George's mouth formed an 'o' it morphed into a look of sympathy. He waved his wand causing glitter to explode above us. The glitter formed sparkly little birds and floated around my head. They exploded covering me in glitter. A weak giggle escaped my throat.

"Come on, how about I get you something to eat?"

George accioed some of his sweatpants and a sweatshirt handing them to me. He stepped outside and i changed out of my uniform. When I stepped out of the office George let out a shaky breath staring at me.

"You look wonderful," he breathed,

"My face is puffy,"

"Its not,"

"It is,"

"No its not,"

Severus's pov

As the students filed into my classroom I noticed the absence of a certain green haired student. My green haired student. It wasn't overly shocking I had assumed she would be avoiding me. I tried to ignore the intense stab of worry. Hopefully she is safe and not alone. Deatheaters have been more active it isn't safe for her to be alone.