Chapter 45

Hayley's pov

"The room of requirement," Hermione breathed as Neville, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Harry and myself Stepped into the room. Dummies with death eater masks lined the mirrored walls.

"The room appears when you need it and as whatever you need it to be," she explained further, Merlin things must be bad if Hogwarts is helping us fight back.

"So if you really needed the bathroom," Ron asked,

"Charming Ronald, but yes that is the general idea,"

"It's like hogwarts wants us to fight back," I breathed stepping forward looking around the room

Harry was quite the teacher, the students were also quite eager to learn. The weeks of hiding and evading Filch was starting to take its toll on the students, he knew we used the room now. Luckily hogwarts still seemed to think we needed the room so it helped moving the doorways. Fred and George did prank filch distracting him here and there.

The quiet rumble of the students exiting the room of requirements echoed behind me. The end of another successful lesson, everyone managed to learn how to stun and disarm. Over time we had all hung photos of family, friends on the big mirror in the corner. Harry had hung the old order of the Phoenix, Cedric was there, I'd hung our parents wedding photo. This mirror was a memorial of those who suffered or died or both fighting the very battle we were training for.

"Hayley?" Fred and George said in unison their reflections joining mine in the mirror.

"How many of us will live through the next few years?" I asked my eyes still trained on the photos.

Sirius and Remus looked so full of life in the order photo to think of what they look like now. Sirius looked so healthy and full of life, now? He was still full of life but he was haunted by the past it didn't help he was trapped In His parents house. Remus was so full of life too but now he looked so exhausted like he was tired of being alive. I wondered what Severus looked like.

"At 21 the marauders worlds fell apart, there are first years in the army," I said looking at their reflections.

"A storm is coming," George whispered,

"chances are one of us will be dead when this all ends," Fred added, This thought silenced us, one of us will probably be dead. Maybe all of us.

The cold air from the open dormitory window stung my skin, Fred and George had long since transfigured the couch in their dorm into a third bed for me. I stared out the window. The photos on the mirror echoEd in my mind, Voldemort died 14 years ago. The order sacrificed themselves and Voldemort finally died only for 13 years later him to rise to power again. Those first years may die. Fred or George may die. Harry may die. Severus. Remus. Sirius. All may die. I may die. Two generations will be devastated and Voldemort may simply rise again. Will this really end? The old order of the Phoenix may be wiped out. Perhaps Dumbledore's army will suffer the same fate? How do we end this? How will this end? Will it end?

Severus's pov

"Professor!" Fred Weasley burst into my office, I raised my eye brow. Rarely did any Gryffindors pluck up the courage to come into my office.

"Somethings wrong with Hayley,"

"Where?"

"This way,"

I followed the Weasley spawn to gryffindor tower. My heart was racing. I didn't know what was wrong with my daughter. Normally I steered clear of her life in the tower. Most parents weren't able to see how their child lived 75% of the year not all could teach at hogwarts. The fat lady gave me an odd look before swinging open. The common room was dead silent, the level of red and gold was alarming. I started to take steps towards the girls dorm only for Weasley to point to the boys dorm. My lips formed a line, as we entered the twins dorm which was only meant to have 2 beds... my daughter was sitting on the third. I'll deal with her sleeping situation later. The other Weasley sat beside my unmoving daughter on the bed.

"Weasley please remove yourself from my daughters bed," I drawled, he quickly slid of off her bed. I took his place.

"Lion?" I said gently, I did not care if the twins saw me being gentle instead of cold because right now I am not a potions master or Professor I am a father. The father to a 15 year old daughter who didn't move or even flinch. It was unnerving.

"Lion?"

"You won... and he came back,"

I sighed offering the port key to her. She slowly grabbed it, I nodded at the twins before activating the port key. We landed in my chambers guiding my daughter to my bed. I wrapped my cloak around her shoulders.

Hayley's pov

The smell of herbs and a hint of fire whiskey engulfed me as the cloak wrapped around me. It was comforting, the closest thing to a hug I could get. He sat on a chair beside the bed.

"What happened today Lion?"

"We formed the Dumbledore's army... basically the new order of the Phoenix," my dad let out a deep sigh.

"Umbridge banned student groups,"

"I know dad, but I can't stand by and let the world burn," I whispered pulling my knees to my chest and wrapped the cloak tighter around me. Sev smirked leaning back in his chair.

"That's how the order felt then and now, yes the dark lord returned but this time we will make sure he won't be able to," Sev explained offering me a small smile.

"Now get some sleep, defying the ministry requires rest," he rose from his seat and moved to the door. He turned back to face me as he closed the door.

"Hayley, I'm proud of you,"