Chapter 36

Hayley's pov

"Wicked!" Fred an George whispered as Dumbledore described the tournament, I flicked a pea at each of them. The tournament sounds absolutely ridiculously dangerous the Morons think it will be fun! they'll be killed. Thank god Dumbledore had the foresight to put an age limit on the tournament.

CRASH, Thunder struck and rain began to pour down from the ceiling. The students began to scream and complain as the rain hit them. A spark of red hit the roof silencing the storm. The hall began to murmur the name Mad eye moody. I made eye contact with Sev he gave me a small reassuring nod. I turned my attention to my food wondering what this year would hold. The tournament and a mad teacher already off to a great start...

"Alastor Moody, ex auror, ministry of malcontent and your new defence against the dark arts teacher," moody explained as he wrote his name on the board he turned to face us. He didn't seem eager to teach teenagers or perhaps he really was mad. His glass eye darted around as if it had a mind of its own.

"When it comes to the dark arts I believe in a practical approach," moody said,

oh merlin that can't be good. He started questioning us about unforgivable curses... he wouldn't actually demonstrate one practically would he? He can't be that mad! There was no way. Right? My eyes darted to Harry who looked confused, he mustn't know much about unforgivables. Severus had explained enough for me to know that there's no way we should be shown a practical presentation. My eyes moved to Neville he was turning pale, moody wouldn't show him the curses. I eyed moody warily as he began to rant about how he believes that we should see what they do. I began to feel sick. I mentally begged Severus to come into the room, begged someone to stop what I knew was about to happen.

"Which curse should we see first," he said a crazed look in his eye. Silently I begged for him to change his mind.

He forced Ron to stand and say a curse. Ron picked the imperious curse reluctantly. Moody pulled out a spider enlarging her then casting imperious. He had her fling herself around the room, landing on desks and students then smacking her into glass. Then forcing her to dangle above the water. The knot in my stomach tightened, he wasn't going to stop there, I knew it. He called on Neville and my heart sank.

"There's the cruciartous curse..." Neville said softly,

"Good good, come particularly nasty one that," moody said

Neville and him stood above the spider, he muttered the curse. Nevilles face said it all. He knew the horrors of the curse, the longer it went on the more pained Neville became until I just couldn't take it.

"Stop it you monster!"

"Stop it can't you see it's bothering him!"

Hermiones and my voices rang out in unison, moody looked at us then Neville before letting up the curse. I gingerly sat back down and once more I knew what came next. I didn't know if I could take it. Moody moved the the spider onto hermiones desk and asked her to give him the final curse. She tearfully shook her head. I looked away.

"Avada kedabra,"

I stood up and shot out of the room unable to stomach the rest of the lesson. I went straight for Severus's quarters, I frantically knocked the moment he opened the door I shot past him and straight for the bathroom. Where I proceeded to empty my stomach. After I finished hacking up my insides I heard a gentle knock and the door opening a crack.

"Lion?"

"He killed it dad, he tortured it, then killed it," I stammered out

the memory bringing up more bile from my stomach. Severus summoned a stomach soother handing it to me. He knelt down beside my crumpled form.

"Who killed what Lion?" He said gently.

"Moody he used the unforgivables on a spider,"

"In front of you?" Sev growled standing up he stormed out of the room,

A few moments later I heard the floo roar to life and Remus was beside me coaxing me up off the floor. Gently he led me to Severus's bedroom. He sat on the bed and I sat beside him. I had looked around Sev was gone, Remus handed me a mint with an understanding look. I happily accepTed it. he began humming gently then took out his wand and summoned his Patronous that gently danced around the room illuminating it.

"Severus told me what happened Cub,"

Thats all it took. I broke down in tears, that was the worst class we had ever had honestly. It was so horrible. The spider squeaks and screams of pain echoed in my mind. Remus shushed me gently offering me a small cube of chocolate which I took. Slowly nibbling on it.

"Its alright Cub, your safe. I'll keep you safe,"

Severus's pov

"You showed Longbottom! Potter and Hayley the unforgivables?!" I bellowed at Moody, he rolled his eyes and took a swig from his flask. How could he be so damn nonchalant about this. He is an auror! He should know the affect those curses have on people witnessing them!

"They outta know!"

"that's not your choice to make!" I hissed,

"Severus... leave him be," Altus said from the doorway, I threw my hands up he can't be serious? This man showed children unforgivables. He showed my child the curse that haunts her!

"Leave us moody," Albus ordered.

Once alone I rounded on albus, I was enraged how dare he let moody walk away unscathed after all he has done today! My trust in albus had been waning for some time. But this took a chunk out of my trust and respect for him.

"Calm yourself Severus he meant no harm,"

"No harm! Hayley was throwing up!"

"Then maybe you should be with her,"