Chapter 28

Comment your thoughts down below! Love reading your comments!
Hayley's pov

I squeezed my eyes tightly shut, I peaked out from behind my eyelids. A spring was digging into me a tattered blanket over my body. A dull ache came from the scratch at my side. My gaze dragged up to look at the dusty and tattered canopy. Morning daylight peaked through cracks in the windowsill, I jumped off the bed THUD I smacked into the floor.... right I have four legs. I closed my eyes and focused on becoming my human form again.

"H-Ayley," Remus's voice croaked,

My eyes darted around. A figure was slouched against a wall in the shadows, I could make out a twinge of red on Remus's lip I get up and moved out the door a fuzzy memory guiding me to my wand. Once my wand was in my hand again I reentered the room to see Remus standing. He almost looked surprised to see me, I walked up to him, he had a split lip. I pointed my wand at it and muttered episkey. A tired chuckle escaped his newly healed lip.

"Thankyou cub but don't think you aren't going to be in trouble for the extremely dangerous adventure you just embarked on," he pointed a finger at me. My face burned with embarrassment, my eyes fell to the floor.

"I didn't want you to be alone," I mumbled,

"Oh Cub, that's very thoughtful but I don't ever want you putting yourself through something like this for anyone," he sighed, he looked so exhausted.

"Go get breakfast Cub, you look almost worse then me thanks to your animagus adventure,"

As I entered the already noisy and full great hall the smell of food reached my nostrils my stomach ached growling. I tried to ignore the ache in my side. Severus rose from his place at the teachers desk striding towards me. I paled he looked furious. His face was blank only his mouth was pressed in a thin line. His eyes however were burning. he pointed a long finger at me, I winced slightly. He pointed at the doors of the great hall I sighed turning on my heels and walking towards the doors.

Severus walked beside me down to the dungeons in complete silence. The dungeons were so cold and dark. Normally they felt welcoming but right now? I felt as if I didn't belong. I glanced up at Severus, his face was emotionless and he hadn't looked at me once. Was he trying to intimidate me? Make me wonder if he was angry? I knew he was angry, remembering the look he had in his eyes sent a shiver up my spine. Was he trying to give me a sick twisty feeling in my stomach that makes me feel like I'm going to throw up what little food was in my guts? If he was... it worked. He unlocked his office without so much as a cough or sneeze or even an annoyed sigh. He smoothly sat on his chair behind his desk, he leaned back his back was flush with the chairs. I sat in my usual seat. His gaze fell on me and I shuffled uncomfortably in my seat. Suddenly I wished for him to go back to not looking at me.

"We have some very important matters to discuss," he drawled was his voice deeper then usual? He scrawled something down on a piece of parchment then sent it floating out of the room.

"When the food arrives you will eat every last piece," he ordered, almost glaring at me. I swallowed and nodded.

"Since you don't seem to be talking I will, why were you avoiding me over the last month?"

His voice was terrifying, it held no emotion, much like his face. Was he disappointed? Merlin I may throw up. It felt like a knife was twisting in my gut. This knife seemed to be imploring me to just tell the truth.

"Im waiting" he all but hissed, I took a deep breath and spat it out.

"I became an animagus,"

"You what?" He growled,

What then proceeded was a thirty minute lecture on the dangers of becoming an animagus and how I must've lost my mind. How would he have felt, how would Remus have felt if something had gone wrong. I slid lower and lower in my chair until he angrily dismissed me for class. Sighting how he needed to be alone. I fled from his office tears pricking my eyes.

I sat in DADA a little relieved to have Remus. He was always a calming warm presence. I need that after Severus's and my fight. Without warning the windows snapped shut cloaking the room in darkness. A dark figure strode to the front of the room.

"Turn to page 394," a deep familiar voice drawled

I groaned and hit my head on the desk. Of course it was a full moon last night. Remus wouldn't be teaching. Unfortunately it appeared Severus would be substituting today. Wonderful. The room filled with the sound of rustling pages as everyone flipped to the page 394, Everyone shared a confused glance the page was about werewolves we had just finished learning about pixies! Realisation hit me, he knew about Remus and he was going to tell everyone. Without thinking I stood straight up and walked towards Severus.

"Miss Green please return to your seat," he instructed me coldly, I narrowed my eyes my face flushing with anger.

"Don't do it," I hissed,

"Please return to your seat,"

I stormed back to my seat and crossing my arms. Severus started a presentation showing historical depictions of werewolves. I stared at the page it described a monster who wasn't able to control their painful transformations. Lycanthropy seemed similar to an Animagus on the surface but I chose to transform and it didn't hurt. Hermione answered Severus's questions perfectly and somehow still managed to lose house points. My mind wandered to the previous night and my anger at Severus washed away as I paled I had touched Remus... and he was still alive.