Chapter 30

Holy Hogwarts can't believe we have 30 chapters! Feel free to drop questions or comments down below I love responding to you guys! Who do you guys think is the better dad? Remus or Severus?

Hayley's pov

I stared at the ceiling from my place on the makeshift couch bed. Severus hasn't left his quarters yet. My mind was abuzz with questions How was Remus alive? Was the curse gone? Did he know about the curse? Of course he did, he had to right? He was a godfather... someone had to have told him. slowly I got out of the blankets luckily Remus and I need to talk Luckily last night I had the foresight to sleep in my uniform. I crept to the door. When I reached for the door handle I hesitated slightly had Severus charmed it? If he caught me he would be so disappointed but I had to know. Opening the door I snuck out into the darkened hallway making sure to stay in the shadows.

Severus's pov

I was sat up in my bed looking over plans for repurposing a spare room at spinners end and adoption flyers. The process seemed daunting, there was so much information that was without the parenting advice. I had bought book on it, if I was going to adopt her I'd need to know what to do. Every chapter seemed terrifying. It talked of mental illnesses, trauma, what to do in each terrifying situation. Merlin there were so many ways to screw up a child. However nothing in that book was as terrifying as the articles I saw in both muggle and wizarding papers

"Teenage girl snatched off street"
"Mother pleads for runaway to return home"
"Is your child having intercourse?"

That last one made me sick, I remembered how black and the boys in slytherin used talk. The way they talked down to the girls, made them question their own memories, took advantage of them No boy is manipulating my daughter. For any boys interested in her it would serve them to remember that I know the cruciatous curse and I am not afraid of Azkaban.

Hayley's pov

I knocked on Remus's office door. No answer. Of course there's no answer its the middle of the night! He is probably asleep. I turned to walk away but a strange feeling told me I had to see him. I carefully opened the door to reveal an empty office. The office was dead silent, I slunk into the office. My eyes were drawn to movement on his desk, I knew I shouldn't have but I looked. It was a map of hogwarts... it wasnt just any map it was the Marauders Map. there were names on it at the shrieking shack, Harry POtter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Remus Lupin and Sirius black... I paled before I knew what I was doing I was sprinting down the hall being told of by paintings. I had no clue what I was going to do once I got to the shack but I was going to do something. I had to.

The cold air stung my skin, my lungs burned as I raced towards my only family. I couldn't be alone again. I remember the twins telling me about the whomping willow passage the closer I got to the tree the more intimidating. it became it swayed with strength and purpose I shifted into my coyote form hoping the speed and smaller stature would help. The tree creaked as I approached a limb began to sway, I pushed I feet faster. Whoosh I let out a Yelp and ducked crouching down, I looked up. There! A hollow in the tree. The tree began to creak again, now was I chance. Paws don't fail me now. I shot forward but the branch swung towards me, the hollow was so close. Just a few more inches. The darkness of the hollow engulfed me as did my fear.

Severus's pov

"Snape! Snape!" A male voice bellowed from my office pulling me from my slumber.

I pulled myself groggily from my bed summoning my teaching robe slipping into it when a wave of worry hits my chest. Hayley is in my office. I strode swiftly towards the door wand drawn, I flung the door open to reveal an empty couch with blanket pushed back and a very angry man in a empty canvas above it. Empty couch, wheres hayley? Where is she? It's the middle of the night. I rounded on the man.

"Where is Hayley," I growled,

"That girl was running to that damned tree practically woke up the whole castle, get a grip on her!" He explained with a huff.

"Don't you dare question my parenting- tree? The only tree near the castle is the- the," my eyes widened I turned of my heels and quickly strode out the room.

"So that's where she gets that behaviour!" The man yelled after me.

Hayley's pov

I could hear yelling down the hall, more specifically Harry yelling. I quickly crept towards the door at the top. the stairs were old but didn't squeak, maybe I'll have the element of surprise. Wand! I have a wand. I reached for my wand, my hand wasn't met with the normal electric feeling of the wood of my wand. An image pushed to the front of my mind, my wand sitting on Severus's desk.

" Sirius, Wait,"

Whose voice was that it sounded so familiar. I rounded the corner to the room and was faced with the owner of the voice... Remus. He looked at me with pure fear in his eyes, I opened my mouth to say something when Harry cut him off.

"Hayley! run!" He yelled,

"Hayley?" My attention was drawn to a sickly mangy looking man in prison clothes.

"Hayley potter? She's here?" He sounded excited, I must have had a scared look on my face because Remus gave me a comforting smile.

"It's ok Cub he is a friend,"