Epilogue

TWO YEARS LATER

******************************************************************

"What about the Shax demons in Chelsea?"

"Banished without incident. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust."

"And the Drevaks in Long Island?" Izzy asked as she was updated by a Shadowhunter that was sent out on a mission by Jace, Co-Head of the New York Institute, Izzy his partner. After Clary's exile and his sister and parabatai leaving for Alicante, they thought it would be good for him to have a fair amount of work to do to take his mind off things. Izzy did most of the work as her brother was still grieving but, they worked very well together, and New York had never been more peaceful.

"The hunt continues," the Shadowhunter answered, and Izzy sighed.

"Don't stop until they're gone," she ordered. "Is that clear?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Dinner has arrived. Sorry I'm late," Simon called as the Shadowhunter walked off and Izzy turned around to smile at her boyfriend who came rushing in with a paper bag full of food from the newly redone Taki's restaurant, situated where the Jade Wolf used to be, a place that catered for every kind of Downworlder.

"You're too sweet," Izzy gushed with a loving grin before she brought her lips to meet Simon's in a short kiss.

"Careful. If anyone sees one of the Heads of the Institute kissing one of her Downworld deputies, there could be some trouble," Simon said as he pulled away, still gripping her hands as Izzy smirked.

"My brother and parabatai are basically the King and Queen of the Shadowhunters, I'll take my chances."

Simon chuckled as Izzy straightened his jacket. "And you better get going. You know your trainer doesn't like it when you're late. And Head of the Institute or not, I can't pull any more strings for you."

Simon sighed before lifting Izzy's chin with his finger.

"I'll just tell on him to Serena. Bye."

And with a fleeting parting kiss, Izzy was left with a smile as she watched Simon run off to his training session with Jace, happy that this was her family.

******************************************************************

Alec sat at his desk, reading a book, his almost two-year-old daughter on his lap as she played with a stuffed toy. Serena sat at the desk next to his, typing away at her computer, the area next to her desk containing a cot along with a play mat and toys scattered on the floor.

"Come in," Alec called as a knock on the door sounded.

"Mr and Mrs Inquisitor, little Celena," Luke greeted as he walked in, and the two parents looked up from what they were doing.

"Lucy!" the baby girl spoke, not wanting to say Luke's actual name after her first attempt left her with Lucy rather than Luke.

"I like Mrs Inquisitor much better than the Angel of Alicante," Serena muttered to her husband who laughed at her. The Angel of Alicante had been the nickname given to Serena by the Shadowhunters after the Battle of Idris. With as worshipped as angels were by the Shadowhunters, seeing Serena as one had earned her a whole new level of respect and admiration amongst their people. Something Alec couldn't be prouder of. Also, because he and his wife used that to rebuild the Clave, despite her not liking the nickname.

"How was Brazil?" Alec smiled as he set his book on his desk, holding up his daughter to stand on his lap.

"Humid," Luke replied as he recalled a memory.