Chapter 63

(A/N: So, imma change the sched to make it convenient for me. Every 13th or 14th and 24th on every month is when I'm going to update.)

3rd POV

'Thing's sure are getting serious.' (Y/n) thought as she sat on a branch, her (e/c) eyes solely focused on the two people fighting.

Nagisa had dodged a blow Karma swung at him and Nagisa retaliated with a swing of his knife, of course Karma dodges.

Nagisa lunges at him again and Karma got a hold of him and tried to subdue him, though, Nagisa swung himself over him.

Before he could get a steady balance on the ground, Karma kicked him right on the stomach, causing him to fall back on the ground.

He quickly got up and the two stared at each other, their knives in front of them. Their azure and mercury eyes staring each other down.

'I never knew why Karma distanced himself suddenly. There was a week where I was gone, a trip to somewhere for Papa's adventurer show.' (Y/n) thought with narrowed eyes.

(Y/n) remembers the time when she got back from school the next week, she greeted both Karma and Nagisa that morning and Karma just ignored Nagisa all together.

She could see the conflicted look on Nagisa as he notices Karma's distance. She didn't understand what was up with Karma, but either way, the two just weren't close anymore.

From then on, the three of them didn't hang out like before. (Y/n) became a bridge for them, the female would hang out with Nagisa from time to time, making sure their friendship stays intact.

And the female would stay over at Karma's place after school everyday, she would make sure to at least make comments about Nagisa, wanting them to make up from whatever nonexistent fight they had.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[;"Hey, what's up with you and Karma lately? What happened when I was gone?";] (Y/n) asked Nagisa during break.

Solemnly, Nagisa looked down at his desk. [;"I don't know...We were still okay when we got food last week, he kept joking about not seeing me since I was small and all that.";] Nagisa informed.

(Y/n) didn't get it. She knew she was missing something, but she didn't know what. Nagisa's side basically just described their usual day and she is yet to ask Karma's side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'I still remember what Karma told me when I asked him about it.' (Y/n) thought as she watches Karma and Nagisa swinging knives at eacher.

Karma was able to pin Nagisa to ground, but before he could get a hit, Nagisa retaliates back by kicking Karma off him.

At this point, the two were just throwing each other.

(Y/n) could feel Oli in her pocket, watching the whole scene. His cheeks puffed up as he ate his almonds.

Before, (Y/n) didn't get what Karma told her a year ago. But, after being involved in 3-E and this whole assassination mission.

She finally understood what Karma said back then. 

[;"He made me feel uneasy. I couldn't put my guard down around him, he made me feel alert.";]