Chapter 43

Your POV

It was currently 10:48pm, I already had dinner which Ema gave me since I told her I wasn't 'feeling well'. But in all honesty, I still couldn't walk.

But eventually, I was able to walk. Despite the soreness I felt in my hips, I could walk without limping.

I was heading to the bathroom to get cleaned up, as I was heading there, I met up with Iori.

"Iori, hey." I said waving to him with a little smile.

He sees me and pauses, his eyes traveled through my body, making sure he sees every little detail.

I looked at him confused. He starts making his way towards me making me raise a brow, without any warning, he pulls my wrist and pulls me closer to him.

My face bumped into his chest and I looked up, his hazel eyes bore into my (e/c) eyes. I was confused, he seemed pissed and annoyed.

But why?

His eyes travels to my neck, making me remember the marks Karma placed. I tried hiding it with my hair, but he grabs my hand away and looks at it.

"He touched you.." He mumbled out in an angry tone.

I could tell he was talking about Karma, but why was that any of his business? It's not like he's my side dude worrying about him finding out I was cheating on him.

"Why'd you let him touch you..?" He softly says, his face looked hurt and it just made me confused.

"Because, I love him." The moment I said those words, he looked away from me, his face full of hurt and anger.

I didn't understand what was happening, heck, I was even wondering if I was blind for not seeing anything.

He turns to me, a determined look on his face. The way his eyes suddenly met mine, made me jump a bit.

"Why couldn't it have been me..? Why couldn't I have had you first..?" He tells me with eyes filled of hurt and another emotion.

The emotion hidden in his eyes were the same emotion I saw when he kept looking at me, whenever he talked to me.

But, when he cups both of my cheeks and stares at me.

I finally knew what that emotion was.

'Longing.'

Everytime he looked at me, I always wondered what that other emotion was doing hiding in his eyes. And when I finally knew what it was..

It surprised me more than it should have.

"(Y/n), you made me feel warmth whenever you showed that beautiful smile, but it hurt me whenever you smiled so passionately towards Akabane-kun." He tells me.

"Your soft gentle voice always seemed to heal me whenever you talk to me, but to know that you probably whisper sweet nothings into his ears everyday... It pains me." Words alone couldn't describe the hurt he was feeling when he talked about mine and Karma's relationship.

"Why couldn't you have been mine..? Should I have showed you how much I love you first those times ago..?" My eyes widened when I heard those words leave his mouth.

The way his eyes held hope, it just made me confused. His confession to loving me made me wonder when it started.

But, I knew I had to let him face the reality. I love Karma. For three years, we've been together as the best of friends and each other's partner in crime.

I've spent more time with Karma more than Iori, and the feelings I developed for the red head, wouldn't change in a day.

So, even if Iori confessed to me before Karma and I started dating....