Chapter 28

Your POV

An explosion was created and everyone who was near Korosensei got wiped out.

I took a step back on the motorboat and used my arms to protect my face from the strong wind, waves, and bright light that appeared from the explosion.

Due to how strong the wind and waves were, I crouched down a bit to prevent myself from falling off.

As a few second passed, everything started to subside. I stood up and looked around not seeing the octopus.

This is clearly unlike any other assassination attempt we did, it actually felt like it worked..

"Stay alert! He can regenerate!" Karasuma exclaimed as he ran on the docks and looked around trying to find anything related to Korosensei.

"Isogai, Kataoka! Change of plans, watch the water!" Karasuma exclaimed towards Isogai and Megu.

The two nodded their heads and start checking the area, I pulled my gun out and searched the water, I see everyone pulling their weapons out and kept their guard up.

'Where could he be? He has nowhere to run!' I thought as I carefully looked at the water.

As I continued to search, something caught my eye.

"There!" I exclaimed out as I pointed at the air bubbles that were surfacing the water.

I pointed my gun towards it, ready to shoot if it's the octopus. The bubbles started to become more and it looked like the water was boiling.

Everyone stared at the bubbles, keeping their guard up as they looked at it. 

Eventually the bubbles stopped and something resurfaced, we all looked at it, not expecting to see that.

"Nyungey!" We heard a weird noise resurface from the water.

We all looked at it surprised and not really expect to see that, we all had a deadpan look on our faces and we continued to stare at it.

"What the hell is that?!" I exclaimed as I looked at the ball floating on the water.

The result of the explosion was Korosensei who only had his head left and it was being protected by a clear circular barrier.

"Nyufufufu!!" The octopus let out.

"Behold! My trump card of all trump cards!! My perfect defense form!" The octopus said all smugly.

'Perfect defense form?!' I thought with a 'seriously?!' look on my face.

And I was hella sure I wasn't the only who thought that, because everyone had the same expression as I had.

"The exterior is a crystallized high-density condensed energy. The energy left over upon shrinking my body down hardens in a shell around it." He explains his defense form.

"In this form, I'm absolutely invincible!" The octopus yelled out smugly.

Yada then complains that we could never kill him, but then the octopus proceeds to explain that his shell will decay within a day and will turn back to his usual from.

But until he turns back, we can't land a hit on him.

'You've got to be kidding me.' I thought as I looked at the octopus head.

He got us, another trick up his sleeve, even after all that. I don't know whether I should be impressed or upset about this.

"Invincible my ass! This has to be breakable somehow!" Terasaka exclaims as he grabbed Korosensei and pulls out a wrench and proceeds to continuously hit the barrier around Korosensei.