Chapter 44

Your POV

It was Saturday and I'll be meeting with my dad at a cafe nearby, just me and him, no one else. 

It's been a day since the day I was suddenly confessed to by my brothers, I wasn't necessarily avoiding them, but it seems that whenever we see each other, they just look away.

Well, I did reject them though, so it was understandable that they needed their space. 

Fuuto was no longer at the complex anymore, it was probably I slapped him. But, he deserved it, he can't just think I can be his and then forcibly kiss me.

But, I guess I put too much strength on my slap.  As much as I really don't like him, and how annoying he is, and how I want to bash his head onto the concrete, and the fact that he's such a stuck up little bitc— 

I think you get the point.

Despite those facts, he was fun to bully. And it was fun fighting with him, it was refreshing to know that I didn't have to hold back when it comes to my harsh comments.

With a sigh, I slipped on my shirt and placed Oli in the breast pocket. I tied my hair in a high ponytail and grabbed the stuff I need.

After getting ready, I start leaving my room and head downstairs.

-time skip-

I arrived at the cafe and took a deep breath in, ready to confront my father about my past. Pushing the cafe doors open, I stepped inside.

Looking around, I tried to find my father. I see his mop of black hair and I made my way towards where he was seated.

I stood in front of him and he notices me, with a smile he told me a heartfelt 'Hi'. I took a seat down and smiled at the man in front of me.

"Hey, (N/n). How are you?" He asks me with his usual smile.

"I'm good, how about you and Mom?" I asked as I returned the smile.

"We're both doing alright." He replies back.

"I heard you have a boyfriend." He says as he smiled at me, I shrink back a bit as I nervously laughed.

"Haha, yeah.." I replied back with a nervous smile.

"Who is it?" He asks.

"It's Karma.." I replied back with a nervous smile and nervous sweating.

"Ah! You mean that boy you always hang out with? The red haired one?" He says as he looked back through his memories.

"Yup, that's him." I said softly with a small smile.

The both of us had some small talk and ordered our drinks and food, I played with my fingers waiting for the time to ask him.

As I was in my train of thoughts, I was snapped back to reality when Oli jumped out of my breast pocket and landed onto the table.

"Oli! I haven't seen you in a while!" My dad said as he gently picked Oli up and stroked him gently.

Oli looked happy to see my father and I could see Dad felt the same way, too. The both of them exchanged greetings, even if my father can't understand what Oli said.

"I remember how inseparable you two were when you were a baby, (N/n)." He says with a hearty laugh while playing Oli.

When he mentioned about me being a baby, I knew I had to ask him. It was now or never, with a deep breath, I told him what I wanted to talk about.

"Dad. Can you tell me about my biological family?" I said looking at him in the eyes.

I was looking at him expectantly, hoping to hear a answer. The way his brown eyes looked at me with surprise, I knew he wasn't expecting that.