Chapter 65

Your POV

Ever since the octopus suggested the space station hijacking, I'm sure you know how we all started planning.

Everyone were having conversations on said topics, some looking for additional information to help us.

And so the E-Class unprecedented research project began. 

"The reentry capsule carrying the research data will splash down in the Pacific Ocean." The octopus starts. "The capsule will be transported to the lab unopened, to guard against the unlikely possibility of theft by the target super-organism." 

"Clever precautions indeed." He comments. "I can't carry anything too heavy, so anything locked in a five-ton container is as good as unobtainable for me." The octopus finishes.

"Which is why we need them to show us while it's still in space..." Okano pipes up, a hand on her chin. "But does Japan really have the to launch a manned rocket?" She questions.

"At this point, we can handle that much." Octopus says. "My influence might have moved things along."

Obviously, there was a lot of things to be uneasy of, but above all, we had the most fun coming together to tackle challenges—when we could all forget our uncertainties.

-time skip-

It is now a new day, we were all in our seats looking towards the front—where Isogai was standing at.

"Our plans are in place." The ikeman starts looking over at us. "Now to put them in action." He comments.

"The rocket can only hold three people. Who wants to go? Say 'Me!'" Isogai informs, raising his hand.

A couple raised their hands, exclaiming out a 'Me!' 

"Right.." Isogai sweatdrops, seeing the hands.

"Ohh, of course all the boys do." Rio says with an amused grin.

"It's an unproven experimental vessel on it's maiden voyage." The octopus starts, but then exclaims out. "Who still wants to go?" He exclaims cheerily.

Hearing that, the ones who had their hands up slowly retracted them back down. Not too sure by how that sounded.

"I expected so.." The octopus says, slightly sweatdropping.

Itona spoke up. "I still want to go." He says, his hand still up.

Everyone turns to him, albeit surprise that he still wants to, despite the risk.

"A rocket would make any mech-head's mouth water." The white haired male informs.

'Makes sense.' I thought, nodding my head in agreement.

"But I'll give up my seat this time." He says, making me perk up.

'Oya?' I thought.

"Karma. Nagisa." He says, looking over to the two of them.

'Oya oya??' I thought with slightly raised eyebrows.

Understanding what he's getting at, Karma replies. "Huh? I'm not big on putting my life in other's hands." He states.

"Just send Terasaka with the dummies." He suggests, leaning back onto his chair.

"If it crashes, no harm done." He says.

For some reason, hearing that, I immediately envisioned a collaborated funeral service with Terasaka's picture and the dummies' pictures beside him.