So, you gonna tell me what's wrong with you

Jacob's: POV

"Jake, is that you?" called Oliver. "He's here?" I asked. "They came home two weeks ago." said Carlisle and I went upstairs.

"I'm glad you came." replied Oliver. I went up to him but Blondie stopped me. "Close enough." said Rose warned. "What's your problem?" I asked. "Rose, it's okay." he replied. I sat down on the couch and really saw him.

There were deep circles under his eyes, dark circles that jumped out because his face was all haggard. Was he tinner? His skin seemed tight, like his cheekbones might break right through it. Most of his hair was pulled away from his face, but a few strands stuck limply to his forehead, to the sheen of sweat that covered his skin. There was something about his fingers and wrists that looked so fragile it was scary. He was sick, very sick.

"You look terrible." I said. "Yeah, it's nice to see you, too." replied Javi. "So, you gonna tell me what's wrong with you?" I asked. "Rose, you wanna help me up?" asked Oliver. She helped him up and I saw a huge bump that was covered with bruises.

"You did this." I said coldly to Adam. "We didn't know it was even possible." replied Carlisle. "What is it?" I asked. "I'm not sure. Ultrasounds and needles won't penetrate the embryonic sac!" he said. "I can't see it, either. And I can't see Oliver's future anymore." replied Alice. "We've been researching legends, but there isn't much to go on. What we do know is that it's strong and fast growing." said Carlisle. "Why haven't you done anything? Take it out of him." I shouted.

"This is none of your business, dog." said Rosalie coldly. "Rose. All this fighting isn't good for Oliver." replied Esme. "The fetus isn't good for Oliver." said Alice. "Say the word Alice, baby, it's just a little baby." replied Rose. "Possibly." said Jesper.

"Jacob, I need to talk to you." replied Adam and I followed him out. "I always knew you'd destroy him." I said. "He thinks Carlisle can turn him at the last minute, like he did for me and Esme." replied Adam. "Can he?" I asked. "Probability is slight. And if his heart fails..." he said and his voice cracked.

"Look, Jacob, I need you to do something for me." he said. "In your dreams!" I replied. "For him." begged Adam. You have a connection with him that I'll never understand. Maybe you could talk to him change his mind. You can keep him alive." he said. "And if I can't?" I asked. "If he dies you get what you always wanted. To kill me." said Adam.

***

I walked back in and the blonde bloodsucker was still there. "Rose, I'm fine, really." said Oliver. She nodded and left.

"So Adam sent you in here to talk to me?" he asked

"So Adam sent you in here to talk to me?" he asked. "Sort of. Though I can't figure out why he thinks you'd listen to me. I mean, you never have before. Since when are you and blondie BFF's?" I asked. "Rose understands what I want." he said.

"What are you thinking, Oliver, seriously?" I asked. "I know this seems like a scary thing, but it's not. It's like this miracle or something. I can feel him." he said. "So it's a bouncing baby boy? I'm sorry I didn't know. Should've brought some blue balloons?" I asked.

"It's just a guess. When I picture him I see a boy. We'll see." he said softly. "You won't." I replied. "Jake, I can do this. I'm strong enough." he said. "Come on. You can spout that crap to your bloodsucker, but you don't fool me. I can see what that thing's doing to you. It's a killer, Oliver." I replied. "You're wrong." he said.

"And when you die, what was the point? Of me loving you, you loving him. How is that right for anyone? Because I sure don't see it. Listen to me, Oliver. Please? Just don't do this. Live, okay? Please." I replied. "Jake, everything's gonna be okay." said Oliver and patted my hand. I stood up and he looked sadly at me. "Jacob, don't go." said. "I know how this ends and I'm not sticking around to watch." I replied and left.

Oh Oliver😭 I just want to hug him.

I hope you liked the chapter.

~CharlieGlambert~