7

Thankful he still knew the way, he arrived at Hoseok's mansion, and rang the doorbell.

The butler answered. "Jung residence- oh, Mr. Jeon."

"Cassie!" Jungkook was relieved. "Is Hobi here?"

"He is. I'll fetch him for you."

He stood aside to let Jungkook in, and the boy quickly leaped over the threshold, kicking his shoes off.

Jungkook bounced in place a little impatiently as the elderly butler rang on the intercom.

"Junior Mr. Jung, you have a guest in the parlor."

It buzzed back.

"Thanks Cas, I'll be right down."

Jungkook looked around as he waited.

Everything seemed normal, so why wasn't Hoseok?

The boy came down the stairs a moment later, a frown on his face instead of a usual smile.

He brightened a little when he saw Jungkook though. "Kook! What are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to Seokjin but I don't have his phone number or address." Jungkook rushed over to explain. "Can you tell me where he lives? I think he would just hang up on me if I try to call."

Hoseok sighed, shoulders slumping. "It's no use, Goog. Jin's gone."

"What do you mean? Why? What happened?" Jungkook was desperate. "Why is he acting weird? Why are you acting weird?"

"You're the weird one, with your sudden amnesia." Hoseok muttered.

"Just tell me!" Jungkook grabbed the boys shoulders.

"Okay!" Hoseok looked alarmed. "Look, there's no point trying to talk to him, he's too far gone. I've tried..."

"Too far gone?" Jungkook echoed.

"After the trial and everything went to shit, his parents found out he was in a poly relationship with other boys, and they're really homophobic."

Jungkook tensed, already knowing where this was going.

"They forced Seokjin into conversion therapy."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Not me and my cliffhangers