42

The door unlocking woke them both up, and Dr. Ji stepped inside again, followed by a female nurse and two buff orderlies.

Namjoon sat up, holding his arms out to block Jungkook protectively.

"Good morning." Dr. Ji hummed. "Did you two sleep well?"

"Fuck you." Jungkook glared, rubbing a fist over his tired eyes.

The nurse set a tray of food on the bed and the two boys eyed it.

It was just toast, dry cereal and two water bottles.

"Eat up." The doctor pulled up a chair and the two guards stood behind him, blocking the exit. "We have a lot to do today."

"Not hungry." Namjoon stated, even though he was.

"Yes, you are." Dr. Ji pulled out his notebook. "Now, here's the schedule for today. Mr. Kim and I will talk, like how Mr. Jeon and I did yesterday, and Mr. Jeon, if you're on good behavior today, Miss Hyo will take you on a tour of the building."

Jungkook looked to Namjoon, silently asking if he should eat the food to get the tour, or to skip the potentially drugged food.

They both knew a tour was the perfect and possibly only chance they had to find Yoongi in this place.

Namjoon gave an imperceptible nod of his head.

"Fine." Jungkook grumbled to the staff, yanking the food tray onto his lap. He cracked open the water bottle cap and downed half of it, not realizing how dehydrated he was.

He tossed some cereal into his mouth, munching them as he listened to the doctor give the whole 'you're not crazy, just broken and we will fix you' speech to Namjoon.

Namjoon scowled, trying not to roll his eyes. "You don't know anything."

Jungkook handed the student a piece of the toast, rubbing the boys shoulder with his free hand comfortingly.

The doctor noted the exchange. "Miss Hyo, would you mind showing Mr. Jeon around?"

"Of course." She bowed to him, and hurried to the door, waiting for Jungkook.

Namjoon and Jungkook both waited for one of the orderlies to go with, but when they stayed firm in place, Jungkook slid off the bed and walked over to the nurse.

Namjoon watched them go, hoping Jungkook could find Yoongi.

"Now," Dr. Ji said after they left. "Let's be honest with each other, Namjoon. I'll start. I'm writing a book about mental disorders, and this hospital has given me a lot of insight and content to research, but it's not exactly what I've been looking for."

Namjoon glared, staying silent. He didn't give any fucks about this mans book.

"You see, I'm not writing about crazy people; that's been done a million times over. No, I'm more interested in the opposite."

The doctors sick smirk made Namjoon's stomach drop, suddenly knowing he had made a mistake coming here.

"I'm writing about people pretending to be crazy. What small seeds had been planted in their brains to make them act like they're diseased mentally, and seeing if I can grow that seed bigger. I want to see if it's possible to take a perfectly healthy, normal, smart person, like yourself, and see if I can manipulate their brain into whatever I want. I know you're not sick, Namjoon."

Namjoon scrambled back on the bed, heart pounding as the doctor rose from the chair.

"I was wondering how long it would take to get you here after we kidnapped your boyfriend Yoongi. I'm a little upset you made me wait a whole month, but ah well. You're here now, and that's all that matters." He turned to the orderlies. "Boys, would you mind taking him to our special room?"

Namjoon's back hit the wall and he could get away no further.

"Jungkook!" He screamed, bringing his arms up to shield himself as the two men grabbed him.