40

Jungkook had hardly slept that night, and woke up to the sound of an alarm.

He sat up immediately, on full defense mode, until the alarm faded and he realized it was a morning wake up call.

With a groan, he flopped back on the bed, hating this place even more.

-

By the time afternoon had rolled around, Jungkook was bored out of his mind.

No one had come in to visit him, and there was nothing to do in the small cell but think and stare at a wall.

He wondered if he spent enough time in here if he would actually go crazy, and then he would belong here.

But you're NOT crazy, he reminded himself. You're not.

-

More time passed- an amount Jungkook couldn't judge since there was no way to tell time in his cell since his window was blocked by the tall cement wall perimeter of the asylum grounds, but he figured it had to be evening by now.

Despite knocking and kicking his door and shouting loudly, no one came to visit him- until now.

He sat up in bed when he heard the door unlock, and then an older looking male in a white lab coat stepped in, clipboard in hand.

He smiled. "Ah, Jeongguk. Nice to meet you. Sorry it took me so long to get to you, we had a bit of a situation."

"Who are you? What situation?" Jungkook asked slowly.

"Don't worry about it." The man waved it off. "I'm Dr. Ji, I'll be your supervising doctor for your time here."

"I'm not crazy." Jungkook told him. "My parents are wrong."

"No one in here is crazy, Jeongguk." Dr. Ji said calmly. "They just have little issues in their brain."

"Well I don't have any!" Jungkook snapped. "Give me an MRI- you'll see!"

Dr. Ji ignored him, looking down at his chart. "Let's see, talking about people who don't exist, new erratic behaviors, acting out of character...these are the traits your parents have reported about you."

Jungkook groaned deeply. "Look, it's a long story. I can't really explain it-"

"No need to explain. We're just here to treat you and get you better." Dr. Ji said cheerfully.

"There's nothing to treat!" Jungkook huffed. "If you start giving me medication I don't need or poke around in my brain tissue then I will go crazy!"

He could see the doctor didn't believe him.

"Look, let me talk to Yoongi, I can clear a lot of this up. Min Yoongi- I know he's here." Jungkook swung his legs off the edge of the bed.

"Ah, yes. Interesting you brought him up."

Jungkook didn't like the way the doctors tone sounded.

"Why? Is he okay?" Jungkook gripped the edge of the bed.

"He's like you." Dr. Ji said.

Jungkook blinked, not understanding.

"If I recall the news a month ago, he was your former teacher, right? For a health class? He had a lot of influence on you and your classmates minds, didn't he? With the position he was in?"

Jungkook stayed silent, not sure where this was going. He heard sounds of shouting and fighting getting closer. "What's going on?"

Dr. Ji walked to the door. "Remember that situation I was talking about earlier?"

He unlocked the door and Jungkook was shocked frozen to see four orderlies shoving a snarling and fighting patient in.

Namjoon.

"He's your new roommate."

And he was wearing gray robes.