54

Jungkook struggled as the orderlies led him down a hallway. "Get off me! I'll fucking kill you! Where's Namjoon and Yoongi, you bastards!"

"Someone get this guy a black robe." One orderly muttered.

Before Jungkook could snap at him, he saw a familiar hallway with an elevator.

The one that led to the room Agust was being held in.

With the vent.

Jeongguk's words echoed in his head.

"Oh! And Seokjin found this old blueprint of the building- have you seen a vent around on a lower level?"

"A vent?"

"Yeah- you'll never guess where it leads. There's a-"

He had a feeling that that was the vent, since the basement was the lowest level in the building.

Without warning, he suddenly threw his head back, smashing his skull against the orderlies nose.

The man crumpled instantly with a cry of pain, cupping his broken nose, and Jungkook wasted no time in elbowing the other man, sending him to the floor as well.

"Don't kill me!" The man screeched as Jungkook straddled him.

Jungkook grabbed the mans keycard that hung around his neck, yanking it free with a snap.

"Don't come after me." He warned, getting up. He raced down the hall to the elevator, punching the button repeatedly as he looked over his shoulder.

The two were picking themselves up, radioing in on their walkie talkies and Jungkook cursed.

The elevator doors slid open and he hurried inside, slamming the button to close the doors.

Sliding the key card across the sensor, he pressed the basement button, and the elevator slowly started to descend.

Impatiently, Jungkook shifted from foot to foot. "Come on...come on."

The lift stopped and the doors opened, and Jungkook bolted out, racing down the long hallway to the door at the very end.

28602-740313

He punched the code in, and the door slid open.

"Agust!" Jungkook burst inside. "Yoongi- I-"

He stopped cold, seeing the empty, red lit room.

Agust wasn't here.

"Agust?" He called out, turning around, even though the room was small and obviously empty.

Where the hell was the alter? Yoongi? Namjoon? Were they okay?

He knew it was only a matter of time before guards burst in here and changed his status to black robes, so he had to give up on finding his boyfriends for right now.

He hurried to the vent and yanked the cover off, not bothering to go slow this time since he didn't care if it got damaged.

Yanking himself inside the small shaft, Jungkook crawled into the dark, tight space, focusing only on putting one hand in front of the other.

The walls were closing in on him, or maybe that just his imagination. He forced himself to keep going into the tight, dark space.

Where was everyone? What was going on outside? Was everyone okay?

Not knowing terrified him.

Please, Namjoon...help me.

Air.

Jungkook paused, wondering if he was just imagining that.

There was a cool draft- he wasn't imagining things.

Quickly, he hurried on, the breeze becoming stronger.

An opening.

A small light at the end of the tunnel.

Jungkook crawled towards it, finally sticking his head out to the outdoors.

It was night out, with rain coming soon based on the scent of the air.

Jungkook looked around, seeing naked trees surrounding the area in the dark.

Up close, just below him, were countless headstones.

A graveyard.

That was where the vent led to.

Dr. Ji must have simply shoved all the failed experiments down this vent and right into their grave.

Were any of his boyfriends here? Jungkook panicked, before remembering all the plans the doctor had for them.

No, they weren't here.

At least not yet.

But time was racing on, and if Jungkook didn't find them in time, this was where they would all end up.

He slowly forced himself to crawl backwards, back into the vent.

They had an escape route now, that was good.

Now they just needed an escape plan.

-

Namjoon winced at the loud sounds of the machines working, squeezing his eyes shut against the beeping and whirring.

He wished he could press his hands over his ears.

He wished he could stop this.

Then, all the shaking suddenly stopped, and everything was silent and still.

Namjoon dared to slowly open his eyes, looking over at the two tubes.

They were both filled with steam now, impossible to see inside until it cleared.

"Suga!" Namjoon cried. "Yoongi!"

The first one opened, the steam rolling out.

A collapsed figure laid inside.

"No!" Namjoon gasped, heart stopping.

Dr. Ji walked over, kneeling down to inspect the unconscious boy inside. He lifted Yoongi's head up by his hair, examining the effects of the cloning machine.

"Yoongi!" Namjoon screamed, struggling to get to his side. "Baby!"

"Get him on a table. Check his vitals." Dr. Ji ordered, and two assistants rushed over to carefully lift Yoongi up, carrying him over to an operating table.

"Baby," Namjoon sobbed, too far away to see if he was dead or unconscious. "My baby..."

Dr. Ji seemed to be more concerned with the other tube, the one that was now occupied.

"Open the door." He ordered.

The second door slid open with a hiss, the steam rushing out and dispersing into the air.

Namjoon stared as a boy was slowly revealed, stepping out of the tube with shaky feet, as if he had to get used to walking for the first time.

The cloned alter lifted his head, gazing at them all.

He smirked.