30

Jungkook slowly came to with a low groan and pain in his head.

He knew instantly that time was missing- time that he wasn't aware of, or how much, and that he was in danger.

He sat upright, realizing he was sitting on a metal chair.

The fact that the metal was still cool to the touch told him that he hadn't been here for long.

Now...where exactly was here?

He blinked his eyes open slowly, seeing nothing but darkness, and it took him a moment to realize he wasn't blindfolded, it was just night time out.

He could faintly hear outside sounds, like cars driving by, and the rustle of a large oak tree, so he figured he was in a shed somewhere. In someone's backyard?

A squeak caught his attention and he squinted in the dark, seeing a thin glimmer of pale moonlight shining through the spot where the two doors didn't quite meet.

It wasn't enough to see, but it helped his eyes slowly adjust to the dark.

"Who are you?" The familiar voice asked him again.

And now Jungkook knew exactly who this was.

The smell of rubber and stale air hit him, and he realized he knew where they were too.

"The high school's gym shack." He rasped out, swallowing to try and sooth his throat. "Why...here?"

His head pounded where he had been punched.

"Who are you?!" The boy shouted and Jungkook chuckled, stretching out in the chair. The stretchy ropes that bound his wrists behind the chair were clearly jump ropes, confirming his theory they were in the storage shack at the school.

"You already know."

The boy surged toward him, his angry faced illuminated in the faint moonlight spilling through the small, dirty window.

Seeing the boys face confirmed his identity.

"How is this possible?" The boy gripped Jungkook's shoulders roughly. "Why have you been in my house- talking to my boyfriends?"

"It's my house, and they're my boyfriends." Jungkook said. "You're the one who ran away after the trial."

The Jungkook of this terrible reality leaned back, eyeing the tied up Jungkook over.

"You have some explaining to do."

"Not as much as you do." Jungkook retorted, not scared of himself. "How could you just leave?"

"How can you even be here?"

"Maybe the universe decided you weren't shit, and sent me to take your place."

The punch hurt, but Jungkook could take it.

"Who the hell exactly are you?" Jungkook hissed, getting into the seated Jungkook's personal space again.

"Look, it's a long story, but I'm on your side." Jungkook huffed, working to free himself from the ropes. He ran his fingers over it, recognizing the familiar knot. One Yoongi had taught them all about. And Jungkook knew how to untie it.

"Start explaining." Jungkook ordered, crossing his arms.

So Jungkook did, already knowing his story wouldn't be believed. He told him all about his home reality, where everything was perfect. He explained how Agust had changed and about Yoonie and the link, and how he was slowly getting everybody back together in this new, terrible reality.

"Jeongguk- I'm going to call you Jeongguk by the way," Jungkook said. "Just fucking look at me! How could I be lying about all this when me sitting in front of you is proof in itself that my story is legit?"

Jeongguk glared, staying silent.

"I'm on your side, I swear." Jungkook persuaded. "Look what I've done so far- I got Hoseok, Namjoon and Taehyung back! Do you really think I would have done that if I was here to hurt them?"

The knot loosened as his fingers worked the ropes. "I know it's crazy, and if I was in your place I would be confused and distrustful too, but just look at the facts!"

Jeongguk kept his arms crossed, looking the boy over.

Jungkook groaned. "Have I always been this annoying? What are you waiting for?"

"You to finish untying yourself."

Jungkook huffed out a laugh, the ropes falling to the floor. "See? We're the same person."

Jeongguk stepped back, letting Jungkook stand up and stretch.

"Okay, so you trust me now?" He asked, looking himself over.

Jeongguk frowned, but nodded.

"Good, because I'm going to need your help in fixing all this. Starting with the trial. How did we lose? I edited that tape!"

Jeongguk sighed, running a hand through his hair. "We were so close...almost in the clear. And then..."

"What happened?" Jungkook was dying to know.

"Agust. Agust happened."