24

Hoseok took a deep breath, looking up at Seokjin's front door.

His heart was pounding, and he nervously raised a hand, ready to knock-

His phone rang, loudly blaring a catchy song and he fumbled with it, quickly powering it off.

"Sorry, Namhoneybee, but I gotta do this." He whispered, pocketing the device.

He knocked softly, and then a little harder as he gained confidence.

The door didn't open, but the curtain across the window did, and Seokjin peered out.

When he saw Hoseok, he froze.

"Wait- let me just-!"

Seokjin yanked the curtains shut, and then Hoseok heard the door lock.

He sighed, expecting this.

He pulled out the envelope from his back pocket, and slid it under the door.

"I won't come over anymore, I promise." He said, resting his forehead against the door. "I just wanted to give you that...as like a parting gift, or whatever. I just...miss you. A lot. You still are and always will be my best friend. We got Namjoon back and Taehyung and Jungkook, but Yoongi is still gone and Jimin's getting manipulated into marriage with Cho and you're so close, just behind this door, yet so far..."

Seokjin listened, leaning against the door, wondering why his heart was pounding so much.

"I know it's not your fault, and I don't hold anything against you." Hoseok continued, and Seokjin glanced down, picking up the envelope. "I just had to try one more time. I just felt renewed hope since we started getting everyone back together, I would never forgive myself if I hadn't tried just one more time. But I know it makes you sick when I come over, so I won't anymore. I'll tell the other guys to leave you alone too. I just want you to be happy. I know there's millions of pretty girls who would love to date you, and I'll cherish the memories that we've made so far forever."

Hoseok pushed himself off the door, giving one last look to the house.

"Goodbye...Jinnie. I promise I'll still always hold you forever in my heart."

-

Seokjin watched him leave, until the boy was out of sight.

He sank down, leaning against the wall as he opened the letter.

Dozens of pictures fluttered out, settling over his feet.

They were all of him and his former boyfriends, laughing and smiling in various poses and scenes.

Each one sparked a memory, which sparked a conditioned painful feeling, and he winced, quickly flipping the pictures over.

There was a letter too, and he hesitantly scanned a few lines quickly, not wanting to trigger more pain.

The sound of car tires pulling up the driveway made him jolt, and he quickly gathered all the phots up, racing to his room to hide them under his pillow.

He knew he would read the letter tonight, no matter how much it hurt.

For some reason, he felt like he should...felt like he had to help that boy with the familiar heart shaped smile.